High Road Console Car Trash Can with Lid
Last updated date: June 22, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Car Garbage Cans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Car Garbage Can you should buy.
Update as June 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Car Garbage Can for a detailed review of all the top car garbage cans.
One of the best features of this car garbage bin are the three side pockets that hold your hand sanitizer, tissues and a notepad. The can's lid keeps trash from falling out during a bumpy ride and odors contained until the can is emptied. The compact size is also a plus, as you can set it up virtually anywhere in your car.
In our analysis of 116 expert reviews, the High Road Console Car Trash Can with Lid placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
COVERED STORAGE FOR CAR GARBAGE - space saving, leakproof car trash bag attaches to console to keep auto trash covered and contained KEEP CAR TRASH UNDER CONTROL - High Road’s unique StuffTop lid keeps the 1.5 gallon car garbage can covered, even while filling STABLE LEAKPROOF TRASH BIN - durable vinyl lining keeps spills and stains off carpet, front and back panels and side braces add structure and stability ADDED CAR STORAGE BEHIND THE CONSOLE - 3 outside pockets for added storage, adjustable cord fits over hinged console lids for easy reach from the front or back seats NOTE: must be attached to the console for stability COMPACT SIZE AND SHAPE – for use behind center consoles, attaches to front facing lift-up lids, durable polyester, spot clean. The original PATENTED StashAway. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, High Road has developed problem-solving car organizers since 1990. We take the High Road, with honest reviews and straight answers, standing behind every product we sell.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Car Garbage Cans
If you have a family or spend a lot of time traveling from place to place in your car, you know it doesn’t take long for trash to accumulate. Having a garbage bin in the car is the best way to keep snack wrappers and empty juice boxes from making their way to the floor of the vehicle. Car garbage cans are also easy to empty at the end of the week. As you shop for the best bin, you’ll want to keep the following information in mind.
Determine whether you’d like the garbage can to have disposable liners or a reusable liner. The Lusso Gear Spill-Proof Car Trash Can gives you the option to take out the inner liner when emptying trash or using the provided hooks for attaching disposable liners that can be tossed at the end of the week. Some models come with a set of disposable liners, but even if they don’t, most models work well with old grocery bags.
Examine the materials used to make the car garbage can next. Is it made following eco-friendly practices? Is it waterproof for handling drink spills? The KMMOTORS Jops Car Garbage Bin is made using a high-quality Oxford cloth. It is leak-proof and extremely durable, which is important if you’re traveling with children or pets. Some models are made with a vinyl lining that protects the can against stains.
Review your needs to determine what capacity you need your vehicle’s garbage bin to be. You’ll find models typically collect between 1.5 and 2.5 gallons of trash before they need to be emptied. If you have a large family, you’ll want to go with the 2.5-gallon version. Otherwise, you’ll be emptying the bin every other day instead of once a week.
Look at how the car garbage can is secured. The High Road Console Car Trash Can with Lid offers two methods for holding the bin in place. You can use the cinch-lock cord over your console to keep the can on the floor or the strap to hang the bin from your headrest. There are models with extra-long adjustable straps that allow you to secure the garbage can anywhere you’d like. These cans can also be used on a boat or in an airplane.
Consider any extras that the car garbage can offers. Some models come with lids to help keep odors contained, while other units, like the Drive Auto Products Can Garbage Can, come in a choice of colors. There are even bins with as many as three pockets for storing everything from hand sanitizer to a travel pack of tissues.
The Car Garbage Can Buying Guide
- Always look for a car garbage can with sturdy construction and design elements. You’ll want a car garbage can that’s built to last.
- While disposable trash bag liners are handy, you may want to go with a reusable model to cut costs. If you do, you’ll need to remove the liner once a week or so and wash it. You can do this with warm water and liquid dish soap, but you’ll also want to disinfect the liner every once in a while. Vinegar is an excellent option, or you can go with the handy cleaning wipes that kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
- Sprinkling a little baking soda at the bottom of your car garbage bin is another way to help keep odors to a minimum in between emptying.
- Proper placement of your car’s trash can is important. You don’t want to open your car door only to have the trash fall out and roll away on a windy day. Use the provided straps and make sure they are snug, so the bin can’t move around.
- Vehicle garbage cans don’t have to be used just for garbage. Instead, you could place them next to your children to hold a few toys, coloring books or gaming devices. This will keep them occupied during the ride. Some cans are even insulated, which means you can use them as a cooler when traveling to visit family. You can fill them with water bottles and juice boxes and use the side pockets for snacks and utensils.
- Consider signing your family up to participate in a community cleanup day. This is a great way to educate children on the importance of proper trash disposal, and it’s also a wonderful way for the entire family to keep the environment healthy.
- The best way to compare car garbage bin prices is to look at how many gallons of trash the model can hold. The Drive Auto Products Car Garbage Can, High Road Console Car Trash Can with Lid and KMMOTORS Jops Car Garbage Bin are all comparable in price because they all hold around 1.5 gallons of trash. The Lusso Gear Spill-Proof Car Trash Can, however, commands a higher price, as it can hold a total of 2.5 gallons of trash before needing to be emptied.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide