Hidetex Neck Support Memory Foam Baby Pillow
Last updated date: May 27, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Baby Pillow/Loungers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Baby Pillow/Lounger you should buy.
Flat Head Syndrome is quite common in newborns, which is why this baby pillow's design is so ideal. Not only does it help prevent the formation of a flat head, but it also supports baby's neck using memory foam and a center cut-out. The cute animal shape just adds to the appeal of this pillow. In our analysis of 211 expert reviews, the Hidetex Hidetex Memory Foam Baby Pillow placed 3rd when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Baby Pillow/Lounger for a detailed review of all the top baby pillow/loungers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Very practical, it can be used both in the cradle, bed, stroller, rocking. Hidetex baby pillow deform the back of the head, a condition known as 'flat head syndrome'. + Clinically proven to head shape development can be aided by the use of a special baby pillow.and highly recommended by doctors and physicians, internationally. + pillow eases the pressure on your baby's head and has been shown to get great results, particularly when introduced before 12 months of age. Kind reminder: 1. For cases of severe head deformation, the pillow is not sufficient. In such cases please see your paediatrician. 2.Children daily use products need to be kept clean and comfortable (Cleaning each 3 days is the best choice), so we suggest buy 2 in one time for replacement.NOTE: 3.The memory foam pillow will be directly sealed after production , therefore may have some normal smell What's in the box 1 X infant Memory Foam Pillow
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Baby Pillow/Loungers
Parents can’t hold their infants all day long or they’d never get anything done around the house. Baby pillows and loungers are the perfect solution to this dilemma, as they are designed to cuddle your baby while you attend to your chores. As you browse different pillow and lounger models, you’ll want to look for the following traits:
Choose a pillow made from organic cotton. Not only is this material hypoallergenic and gentle on sensitive skin, but it’s also eco-friendly and free from any dyes or bleach. Of course, cotton is also known for being soft and breathable.
Consider the material used to make the lounger’s filling. Some baby pillows have a filling with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Their fabrics also resist heat retention, which means your baby will remain cool and comfortable throughout his or her time in the pillow.
Feel the baby lounger and make sure it’s light in weight. Ideally, you want it to be three pounds or less so that it can easily be moved from one room to another while you clean. It’s also helpful if the unit has a set of handles, as this makes transport a breeze.
Review how the lounger is able to cradle your newborn. Does it have a center depression that is surrounded by cushioned sides that act as a nest, or does it have a center sling, which draws close to your baby when you set him or her in the lounger? The important thing is that your baby feels safe and secure while relaxing in the pillow.
Check to make sure the model you’re interested in is able to meet any specific needs your baby might have. Some loungers come at a slight incline to help with acid reflux, while others are designed for healthy back posture. You’ll even find models made to help prevent flat head syndrome.
Opt for a baby lounger that is versatile and able to grow with your child. There are pillows that can be used for tummy time, as well as diaper changes. Some also have buckles or buttons by the feet that can be opened as your baby grows.
Lastly, review the baby lounger’s available colors and patterns. You may find one that matches the theme in your baby’s nursery. You may also opt for a pillow that comes in the shape of a cute animal. There are baby pillows, for example, that come in elephant, lamb, monkey, puppy and bunny shapes.
DWYM Fun Fact
The first patented baby pillow was created by Tien-Hsi Han in 1998. Han designed the baby pillow to do several things. First, he wanted a pillow that kept the baby from turning its head to the side during sleep. He noted that babies have soft skulls that are malleable when left in the same position for a long period of time. The pillow would prevent the head from becoming disfigured during long stretches of sleep.
The second part of Han’s design was the cotton side walls that kept outside noises from reaching the baby’s ears. This would allow the baby to continue resting without being disturbed, which was also great for parents who needed to get a few chores done around the house.
While the original design had components that had to be folded, like the two sides, before the baby pillow could be used, newer designs don’t require this. Most modern baby pillows and loungers are now made ready to use without the need for any modifications. Newer models have also been adjusted to account for additional health issues that are common among infants, such as acid reflux and flat head syndrome.
The Baby Pillow/Lounger Buying Guide
- Look for any extra awards, like the Mom’s Choice Award, or special certifications, such as the International Certification Control Union and the National Organic Standards Board. These are all just further indications that the baby pillow is quality made and that the company stands behind its products.
- Review the baby lounger’s care instruction label before attempting to clean it. You’ll find some loungers are easy to spot clean, while others require a full wash. You may be able to remove a cover and simply wash that, or you may need to toss the entire pillow into the washing machine. Some companies recommend placing the pillow in a laundry bag first, while others require you to wash the pillow as-is using the washing machine’s gentle cycle. When it comes to drying the lounger, the instructions may list the ability to use the dryer on low heat or they may suggest avoiding the heat from the dryer and allowing the pillow to air dry naturally.
- When using a baby lounger, it is important that you always supervise your baby.
- Always place your baby on his or her back during nap and sleep times, as this is the recommended position for reducing Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). You’ll also want to reserve sleep times for a crib that meets the standards set by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Never use a traditional pillow with a baby under the age of 18 months. This poses a risk of suffocation.
- Baby pillow prices don’t vary in price by much and are generally affordable. While price is always a factor in making a purchasing decision, it will only be a small consideration for this item. The Hidetex Memory Foam Baby Pillow and the TILLYOU Egyptian Cotton Baby Pillow are on the lower end of the pricing scale. The W WelLifes Breathable Cotton Baby Pillow and the JOLGOO Breathable Cotton Baby Pillow command a higher price, but only by a few dollars.