HiCoup Kitchenware Wine Decanter
Last updated date: September 9, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wine Decanters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wine Decanter you should buy.
Editor's Note September 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Wine Decanter for a detailed review of all the top wine decanters.
The build of this wine decanter makes it easy to pour your wine in, helping reduce spills. It only holds a half a bottle of wine, so this may not be the best option for decanting for large groups. The durable build means you’ll get plenty of years of enjoyment without having to be extra careful while using it.
In our analysis of 59 expert reviews, the HiCoup Kitchenware HiCoup Kitchenware Wine Decanter placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Providing superior aeration, our premium wine aerators can help soften tannins and remove sediments - helping your bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, and/or Merlot reach its full flavor potential. The HiCoup Wine Decanter’s contemporary, elegant and graceful clear glass shape will complement your stemware, look fancy and beautiful on your table, and is sure to delight the aficionado. Its freeform shape provides a generous surface area for aeration, while the narrow mouth ensures drip-free serving. Starting with a bubble of molten glass, an accomplished glassblower creates a long tube, then manipulates it to give this traditional decanter its organic shape. Crafted entirely by hand, each individual u-shaped carafe is a personal and unique work of art. However, this scintillating creation is also supremely useful. A HiCoup Wine Decanter, when used correctly, can greatly improve your wine drinking experience through aeration and precipitation of sediment. Not sure what to buy the wine lover in your life? We're here to help... As stunning as it is sophisticated, the HiCoup glass horn wine decanter is a true statement piece and makes a lovely gift as it combines the finest elements of form and function. Any wine lover on your list will appreciate your thoughtfulness in presenting them with a useful HiCoup crystal wine decanter. The Benefits of Decanting Wine Some people swear by decanters for their ability to make cheaper wines taste better. Others consider them an important part of the process of drinking and enjoying an expensive, aged bottle. Basically, no matter the wine you’re drinking, there’s a good chance that pouring it in a HiCoup wine decanter before you drink it can improve the flavor. As an added bonus, the HiCoup wine decanter is simply gorgeous. It makes for a nice addition to any kitchen and is nice to have around when you want to show off when hosting guests. The decanter is functional and attractive and tend to add an air of sophistication to any gathering. Designed for Serving More Than Wine Aerate and preserve the flavor and aroma of wines, liqueurs, and spirits with the HiCoup crystal wine decanter. Our carafe will allow fine wine to breathe before pouring and offers a sophisticated, dramatic presentation. The crystalline glass is handcrafted and allows the beverage to shine on the table. Not just for alcohol, our glass carafes also beautifully store water, juice and other cool beverages. A Stunning Centerpiece for your Tabletop Capturing the feel of ancient horn decanters and sprawling grapevines, this luxurious wine carafe is designed to enhance the flavors of red wine, while adding beauty to the tabletop. Each glass horn wine decanter is hand-made by trained artisans, making every single piece of glassware one-of-a-kind. The "U" shape creates a chamber in the bottom that fills with flavor and aroma, while the graduated spout gives each pour a sparkling effect. Why Choose HiCoup? The HiCoup brand stands by the belief that customers deserve a value-added product that exceeds their expectations. And we have achieved that by taking exceptional pride in the quality that goes into every product we manufacture and by providing exceptional after-sale service that few can match. We take the time and care that’s needed to make sure every product delivers outstanding performance, good looks, ease of use and durability.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wine Decanters
True wine connoisseurs know the key to a quality glass of wine is aeration. A good decanter serves that purpose well, but it also separates the sediment from the liquid to make a pure glass of wine. Although swirling your wine in a glass can introduce oxygen to the process, it doesn’t have the added effect of removing sediment.
It’s a common misconception that only red wine needs to be aerated. There are many white wines that can also benefit from the process. In addition to improving the taste of the wine you’re drinking, a decanter also provides an attractive, handy way to serve your wine while entertaining, and some decanters even allow you to store other types of beverages in them.
If you’re going to take on decanting, though, there are a few things to know about the process. The build of the decanter plays a direct role in how well it does its job. Those who drink white wine or light-bodied reds should look for a decanter that’s smaller in size, while large decanters are best for full-bodied red wines. Medium-bodied red wines like Merlot belong in a midsized decanter.
One key to keeping your wines pure is to thoroughly wash your decanter between uses. This will ensure that all wine residue is removed for a clean experience each time. Some decanters are dishwasher safe, but if you have to wash your decanter by hand, keep in mind that the upper part of many decanters is very thin, making it challenging to get a dishrag or sponge inside.
As with other glass or plastic holders, red wine can stain your decanter. If you only drink red wine, and no one ever sees it but you, this may not be a big deal. You can keep staining at a minimum by cleaning your decanter after every single use.
The Wine Decanter Buying Guide
- The design of a decanter plays a direct role in how well it improves the taste of your wine. Some decanters use velocity to create pressure, which increases oxygen to the wine and deepens its flavors and aromas. The materials used in the decanter also affect your wine’s taste. Hand-blown glass and plastic are especially popular.
- Some wine decanters come with an oak stopper to help trap fragrances inside, giving you a richer wine with every pour.
- If your wine decanter will be out on the counter, the aesthetics of the design will come into play. Decanters come in a wide range of designs, from wide bases and tall, thin aeration areas to a tube-like design that lets you simply hold it above the glass while you pour.
- Cleaning a decanter is rarely easy due to the design. Consider that before you purchase. Some decanters are dishwasher safe, which is a big bonus for those who are routinely crunched for time.
- The no-drip stand that comes with some decanters catches drips after you’ve poured. This protects your tables and other surfaces. Make sure any stand that comes with your decanter is sturdy to prevent accidents.
- Another accessory that comes with some aerators is a travel pouch. Even if you never take your decanter away from home, it may be a great way to store it in between uses.
- The aerating process can be fascinating to watch. If this interests you, look for a decanter that provides this type of visibility.
- If you’re shelling out money for something, you probably want to make sure it will last. Materials like acrylic are likely to stand the test of time. Although glass can be delicate, if you’re careful, it will give you years of use. But if you regularly take your decanter on the road, you may risk a drop that will cause it to shatter. Some types of glass can also scratch easily, so keep that in mind as you’re deciding. Thicker glass will hold up better than similar decanters made from thin sheets of glass.
- Some decanters include a base that makes it easier to maintain your grip, which will provide extra longevity. Look for a base made of silicon or other materials that gives you plenty of leverage as you maneuver your decanter.
- The narrow aeration tube makes the user experience challenging sometimes. It’s important to not only ensure you can pour liquids in, but also that the aeration chamber will be able to keep up with your pouring speed. Go slowly at first to avoid the overflowing that can easily happen when you pour too fast.
- Some decanters come with a stopper, which acts as a cover when you’re carrying it around to pour it for yourself or guests.
- The speed of aeration also comes into play. Some decanters take a while to do their work, while others are quicker.
- There are some decanters that allow you to link your bottle directly to the decanter, using a coupling mechanism. That makes spills less likely and allows you to pour directly from the bottle to the decanter, where it will flow through to your glass.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide