Hi-Lyte Keto K1000 Electrolyte Powder
Last updated date: October 16, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electrolyte Supplements and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electrolyte Supplement you should buy.
In our analysis of 36 expert reviews, the Hi-Lyte Hi-Lyte Keto K1000 Electrolyte Powder placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Electrolyte Supplement for a detailed review of all the top electrolyte supplements.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electrolyte Supplements
If you’re feeling tired or nauseous, it may not be illness or allergies. You could simply be dehydrated. If you’re working out, playing sports or otherwise exerting yourself, that icky feeling is even more likely to be related to insufficient hydration.
But water isn’t the best remedy for everyone. For some, electrolyte supplements are the best way to shake those bad feelings. With electrolyte supplements, you more quickly get to the root of the problem than if you’d guzzled an entire bottle of water at once.
But before you shift yourself to a regimen of electrolytes, you might need to get in touch with your doctor. Registered dietician Jessica Cording, co-author of “The Little Book of Game-Changers: 50 Healthy Habits For Managing Stress & Anxiety,” says that although supplements are often prescribed to address deficiencies, it’s important to consult your physician first.
“While they are naturally occurring compounds, having too much of certain minerals may cause adverse effects or interfere with other medications,” Cording says.
It’s also important to understand what electrolytes aren’t. They typically mix in with your water or another type of beverage. They aren’t meal replacements, so you’ll still need to stick with your diet. If you’re following a special diet, though, pay close attention to the nutritional label on the supplement you choose. Some can be high in sugar or calories. There are also supplements that will help keep your diet free of gluten and GMOs.
Of course, all other factors considered, taste may determine the supplement you choose in the end. Many are intended to be mixed with water, but others can be dropped into any beverage you prefer. If you’re okay with holding your breath and choking a drink down like it’s medicine, the taste may not matter much. But if you find that method unpalatable, you might need to try a couple to find one that meets your taste preferences or go with a pill so taste doesn’t matter.
DWYM Fun Fact
It can be tricky to tell if you’re dehydrated since the signs can mimic other problems. Generally, if you’re feeling weak, lightheaded or nauseous and you’re also sweating, it could be a sign you simply need some hydration. You can also get dehydrated if you’re outside when it’s hot, especially if you’re sweating as a result. One test is to monitor how often you’re urinating. If your urine smells strong or is dark in color, it can be a sign you need some water. The best practice is to make sure you’re drinking plenty of water before, during and after heading into a situation where you may sweat. Even when you aren’t exerting yourself, it can be good practice to keep water nearby.
The Electrolyte Supplement Buying Guide
- Before choosing a supplement, first decide what you want it to do. Key Nutrients Lemonade Electrolyte Powder not only rehydrates, but it helps get rid of dehydration-related muscle cramps. Key Nutrients Lemonade Electrolyte Powder brings the same hydration as two to three bottles of water, and Keto Function Keto Electrolyte Supplement helps with the electrolytes you lose when exercising or following a keto diet. Hi-Lyte Rapid Hydration Electrolyte Supplement is different from other supplements in that it helps turn protein into energy. It was designed with athletes in mind.
- Another choice you’ll have is the format of your supplement. With so many options, you can easily find the one that suits your preferences. “Think about how you’ll be using it to decide whether a tablet, capsule, powder or liquid is best for you,” Cording says. “You also want to make sure that if you choose a beverage mix or bottled drink that you choose something without a lot of added sugar.”
- The Key Nutrients Lemonade Electrolyte Powder and Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier Electrolyte Powder are powders, while the Keto Function Keto Electrolyte Supplement comes in pill form. The Hi-Lyte Rapid Hydration Electrolyte Supplement is a liquid that you drop into other liquids.
- Both the Key Nutrients Lemonade Electrolyte Powder and Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier Electrolyte Powder will need to be mixed with water, so you’ll need to make sure you can track down a bottle if you’re taking it on the go. The Hi-Lyte Rapid Hydration Electrolyte Supplement, on the other hand, just requires that you drop ½ teaspoon into any liquid. Pill-based options, like the Keto Function Keto Electrolyte Supplement, are always easy since you just take one capsule with 8 ounces of water every half hour to an hour as you need it.
- If you’re considering an electrolyte supplement, you’re probably already conscientious about what you put in your body. Each supplement has its own set of nutritional benefits and warnings. With the Key Nutrients Lemonade Electrolyte Powder, you get a carb-free, sugar-free and calorie-free supplement, as well as plenty of calcium chloride and phosphorus. The Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier Electrolyte Powder has sugar and calories, although less than with sports drinks. It is packed full of vitamins and minerals, though, and it’s 100% vegan. The Keto Function Keto Electrolyte Supplement is also calorie, carb and sugar-free, but it has a high sodium content, so you may experience water retention. The Hi-Lyte Rapid Hydration Electrolyte Supplement is keto and low-carb diet approved and has antioxidants, as well as plenty of minerals.
- Getting your supplement down can be tough if the taste is bad. While taste can be subjective, Key Nutrients Lemonade Electrolyte Powder and Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier Electrolyte Powder are both enjoyable when mixed with water. The Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier Electrolyte Powder comes in a variety of flavors to help you find your favorite. The Hi-Lyte Rapid Hydration Electrolyte Supplement has a salty taste that you may not find appealing, but you just put a small amount in with your beverage of choice.