Hefty 13-Gallon Blackout Trash Can Liner, 80-Count
Last updated date: February 16, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Trash Can Liners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Trash Can Liner you should buy.
Update as February 16, 2022:
Checkout The Best Trash Can Liner for a detailed review of all the top trash can liners.
Hefty’s 13-gallon tall trash bags contain a patented Arm & Hammer scented odor neutralizer, along with triple-action stretch technology to hold in oversized loads to ensure the bags will not tear, puncture or leak. Get 80 to a pack.
In our analysis of 7 expert reviews, the Hefty 13-Gallon Blackout Trash Can Liner, 80-Count placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Trust Hefty Ultra Strong Tall Kitchen Trash Bags to keep your kitchen waste contained and out of sight. The black color hides unsightly messes, which means these innovative kitchen garbage bags will keep your garbage in the dark. Thanks to Triple Action Technology, these tough Hefty kitchen trash bags resist punctures, leaks, and tears, providing the highest protection available in flexible garbage bags. That stretchy strength means you don’t have to worry about unexpected bag breakage and inconvenient messes. Don’t be afraid to use these kitchen trash bags for tougher jobs, such as garage, basement and construction cleanup. A break-resistant grip drawstring makes it easy to close the bag and cart it away without incident. As a bonus, these scented trash bags include a patented Arm and Hammer odor neutralizer and Clean Burst scent to keep unpleasant smells at bay. All Hefty trash bags are backed by a 100..
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Trash Can Liners
Taking out the garbage is never a fun task, but the right kind of trash can liner can make the job a bit easier. Call it a trash bag or garbage bag if you like, but whatever kind you choose to buy, you’ll want ones that are tough, durable and reasonably priced.
These bags come in various sizes, and the length should equal the height of your can plus 3-4 inches more for the overhang. The width should be half the can’s circumference. You’ll need different sizes for your kitchen, bathroom and outdoor trash cans.
Trash can liners are usually white or black, but clear ones are also available, and you might find other colors once in a while. Black is best for camouflaging what is inside the bags; thinner, lighter materials let you see the garbage better and may stand out less against your decor.
Low-density trash can liners are strong, thick, flexible and tear-resistant. These types are best for rough objects with sharp edges, like sticks, sharp metal edges and glass bottles. They’re also best for bumpy transporting conditions. High-density liners are suitable for moderate transport conditions and can handle heavier load capacities; however, they are less resistant to punctures. These are well-suited for paper, grass and smooth, heavy objects, so they’re good for restrooms and office environments. If you are only shopping for trash can liners for your home, you won’t have to worry too much about the density.
Today’s trash liners can have features like odor-neutralizing technology, non-breakable or integrated ties, double seams, reinforced bottoms and puncture- and leak-resistant materials. These are helpful if your home produces a lot of garbage or if you have had tears and spills with other brands. You can buy whatever quantity you need; just remember, like other products, buying in bulk will save you money in the long run.
The Trash Can Liner Buying Guide
- Some townships, cities and companies require the use of clear trash bags so contents inside can be seen easily. This can help municipalities pick out recyclable materials, reducing the amount of waste. These also come in different sizes and strengths.
- Compostable trash bags are biodegradable and leave no harmful residues; some are made from 100% plant ingredients.
- Hospitals and other medical facilities use biohazard trash can liners. These highly visible red bags are designed to contain medical waste like sharps, specimen swabs and other contaminated materials. Only licensed medical waste contractors can collect and dispose of these.
- You can use trash bags in many other ways. They are great for storing sweaters, winter blankets and extra linens and pillows. You can add a scented sachet bag in there, too. They are also helpful for protecting vulnerable plants when expecting bad weather.
- Trash bags also make good emergency storage bags if you need to leave your home in a hurry; keep emergency supplies like non-perishable food, water and first-aid kits inside. They can even serve as raincoats or ponchos in a pinch, although you won’t get many fashion points for doing this.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide