Healthmate Forever Portable Tens Unit
Last updated date: December 31, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as February 9, 2022:
Checkout Connect Your Mind And Body With The Best TENS Unit for a detailed review of all the top .
Technically an electronic pulse massager, this TENS unit is ideal for those battling nerve pain. You'll get 15 different modes and adjustable intensity levels to find the program that provides the relief you need. An auto-shutoff feature cuts the device off after 80 minutes of continuous use.
In our analysis of 72 expert reviews, the Healthmate Forever Portable Tens Unit placed 6th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Directions for Use & What’s in the BOX? Directions for use: _ Press the wire plug to the output port at the top of the unit; Connect the electrode pads to the electrode wire by inserting pins to the female pin electrodes; Make sure each part connected firmly. _ Remove the protective film and place the electrode pads on the targeted area, making sure that both pads are attached on the skin tightly and not overlapping; _ Turn on the unit via the on/off switch; it will automatically start from mode 1 and level 1; _ Change the modes by pressing one of the 15 different mode buttons displayed on the front of your device; _To Control your A1/A2 ports use the intensity buttons located on the left hand side of the device. Increase the intensity by pressing intensity (+) button for the channel A in use; Please increase the intensity gradually and gently to test your acceptance level of the intensity; to decrease the strength, press the (–) button for the channel A in use; To control your B1/B2 ports use the intensity buttons located on the right-hand side of the device. Gradually increase the intensity by pressing intensity (+) button for the channel B in use; to decrease the strength, press the (–) button for the channel B in use; _ Intensity should be set at a level where you will experience some muscular vibration and involuntary muscle movements. It should be set to give a “comfortable” treatment. The treatment should not be painful _ Gradually and gently increase the frequency by pressing speed (+) button for the channel in use; to decrease the speed, press the (–) button for the channel in use; _ To Control your A1/A2, B1/B2 ports use the speed buttons located on the front of the device. *Please follow the Directions for use in our user manual carefully. Incorrect operation might cause unexpected shocking. *YK15AB is a HIGH INTENSITY TENS&PMS Device. *Note : Device is FREE THE PACKAGE INCLUDES: 1 control unit; 4 sets of dual leads wires; 4 pair of inserted pin electrode pads (8 pcs pads); 1 pads holder 3 AAA batteries; 1 User Manual. 1 2 3 4 Plug the pad wires into the A and B channels located at the top of the device. Snap the wire onto the pads for powered muscle stimulation. Carefully peel off the plastic film on the pads. Place the pads at least 3 centimeters apart, on each side of the desired area. Turn the unit on by switching the on/off button Select any mode After select mode, adjust speed by clicking the speed+/speed- button Adjust the intensity by clicking the -/+ button For dual channels, alter the intensities on A and B channel (left side / right side) Sit back and enjoy your HealthmateForever TENS therapy. After using the device, Turn it off completely FIRST. THEN, Unplug all wires. Make sure the device is turned off before unplugging the wires. Remove pads and place them on the pad holder to ensure the longevity of the pads. 1 office home GYM Working out is fantastic mentally and physically but there can be a cost to staying overactive without time to recover such as an injury or strained muscles. A fatigued body can oftentimes have a hard time performing usual day to day tasks, making working out nearly impossible and overall reversing the effects of exercising. It’s important to stay healthy while also allowing your muscles to rest. OFFICE Sitting in an office has a real danger to your muscles, nerves and tendon while your are working. For hours your body is in an upright, often unnatural position that strains the ligaments in your lower back, hands, and shoulders. Wrist and arm pain have been reported as significant injuries within the workforce and back pain by those who spend their days sitting at a desk. HOME Relax yourself in home without go outside. HealthmateForever products offering the massage-like modes to you. Pre-programmed pain relief modes deliver massage-like sensation to you. Customize your own pain relief mode & intensity to relax different pain areas at the same time! Match your needs however you want. YK15AB CT15AB NK10GL PRO15AB T12AB Isolated Outputs 4 outputs with independent intensity control 4 outputs with independent intensity control 2 outputs share power and intensity 2 outputs with independent intensity control 2 outputs with independent power, intensity and mode selection Massage-like Modes 15 modes 15 modes 10 modes 15 independent selection modes 12 independent selection modes Wireless Compatible ✓ ✓ Touch Screen ✓ Battery 3 AAA Batteries 3 AAA Batteries Built-in rechargeable battery Built-in rechargeable battery Built-in rechargeable battery Value 27.49 29.99 69.95 149.99 249.99 Screen Safety Lock Button ✓ Channel 2 Independent channel A/B 2 Independent channel A/B 1 Channel 2 Independent channel A/B 2 Independent channel A/B, both have 100% power. Customize your own pain relief mode & intensity to relax different pain areas at the same time. Pads 2 pairs of small size of self-adhesive gel pads 4 pairs self – adhesive conductive reusable gel pads 4 pairs self – adhesive conductive reusable gel pads + 2 Extra 4 in 1 Electrodes wire 2 pairs self – adhesive conductive reusable gel pads 3 pairs of different size & shape of self-adhesive gel pads meet all your needs
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) uses a battery-powered device to deliver quick electrical impulses to your nerves, muscles or joints. You’ll get pads that stick to the body, which connect to electrodes that connect to a small device. Often this device has a screen, along with buttons or knobs, and the screen allows you to scroll through multiple settings to get the exact type of treatment you need.
A TENS device can sometimes be confused with an electronic muscle stimulator (EMS), which is designed to deliver relief to muscles. Before you pick out a TENS device, determine the specific type of pain you need to relieve. If you have nerve issues, there are TENS devices that focus on that, while still others are better for taking care of joint pain.
Ideally, you’ll check with a medical professional before beginning treatment using a TENS device. This is the case with anything you do that can directly impact your health. If your doctor currently has you under supervision, you should steer clear of TENS devices unless you’ve cleared it first. Although TENS devices are now widely available over the counter, a physician can guide you toward the best model for your unique needs.
There are a variety of conditions TENS devices are reported to help with, and the benefits are usually specific to relieving pain. Consumers use TENS devices for issues like arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, back and shoulder injuries and tennis elbow, among many others. Joint pain affecting areas like the knee, arm and wrist can also be helped by TENS devices, although you’ll need to look for one that has pads that will easily stick to those areas.
The best TENS devices give you multiple mode options. These generally represent preprogrammed massage types, with some adjusting based on the body part you’re treating. Although it can be tempting to choose the device that has the most options, with some units, you’ll find that one mode doesn’t differ all that much from another.
Another adjustable setting on TENS devices is the strength behind the treatment you’re getting. If you need intense pain relief, you may be in the mood to put it on its highest setting. But primarily this adjustability comes in handy because intensity preferences can vary dramatically from one person to another.
The Buying Guide
- The first thing to look at when shopping for a TENS device is how many electrodes it provides. A device with eight electrodes will be able to hit more areas than one that only has four. If you’re treating a large area like your entire lower back, consider that it will take multiple electrodes to cover the space and buy accordingly.
- Also study the various settings offered. Go beyond looking at the sheer number of massage modes and focus on the options. You’ll find some devices have options like kneading, cupping, deep massage and acupuncture, for instance, and some will even let you go into a mode that combines multiple massage types to keep things interesting.
- Different TENS devices are better for specific body parts. If you’re suffering from back pain, you’ll probably opt for a different massager than one that helps with tennis elbow. Look around and make sure you find the one that’s best for your specific type of pain.
- The electrodes attach to your body using sticky pads, and those pads will eventually have to be replaced. Consider how many pads come in the package with your purchase and also research how easy it is to order replacement pads when those wear out. Some TENS devices use pads that can stick for only a time or two before you need to toss them, while others have pads that you can use for weeks or even months.
- Pad size is also a consideration. Some TENS devices give you the option of small, medium or large pads, and those devices are more versatile. If you plan to only use your device in one spot, this may never be an issue, but there might be a day when you need pain relief in a different area and having a one-size pad will become an inconvenience.
- Your TENS device comes with a screen, and that screen plays a very important role in your user experience. Look for a screen that’s easy to read and also backlit, if you feel you’ll be looking at it in dim lighting. You’ll also have buttons or dials to walk you through the options. Check that those are easy to manipulate.
- When you think of portability in a device, usually you’re just thinking about how easy it will be to tuck into a bag. But portability in a TENS device can come in handy in a variety of ways. In addition to being able to comfortably clip it to your clothing to wear around the house, you can also tuck a smaller device into a pocket and use it while you’re at work, sitting in a business meeting or enjoying dinner in a restaurant with your family.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide