HealthAndYoga Palm Urchin Back Massager
Last updated date: July 20, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Back Massagers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Back Massager you should buy.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the HealthAndYoga HealthAndYoga Palm Urchin Back Massager placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 12, 2020:
Checkout The Best Back Massager for a detailed review of all the top back massagers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
HealthAndYoga is a platform for those seeking to take charge of their own health in a natural, self-empowering manner. We at `healthandyoga' are trying to make good health, fitness, yoga and wellness accessible to all; to help people nurture their lives.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Back Massagers
Millions of people are plagued with back aches every day. They can be from injuries, health issues or from sitting in an uncomfortable position all day. Regardless of why you have a back ache, a back massager can provide you some relief. However, there are so many different options on the market that it’s difficult to know which one is right for the kind of pain you have. Back massagers can be designed to target specific areas like upper or lower back, and have different options like heat and vibration.
An electric back massager is a common option that is easy to use. It’s typically shaped like a wand or a pad, and you can maneuver it around your back to target the source of your pain. This is a good option if you’re not able to visit a massage therapist and need to tackle your back pain as soon as possible. Opt for back massagers that have a shiatsu feature, which mimics the hands of a masseuse using this Japanese technique. For those who have knots in their back, a kneading feature helps to work them out. Back massagers with a heat feature help to alleviate pain, so this is a good choice if you need some comfort and relief.
There are many different benefits to massaging your back. In addition to reliving your back pain, the massage can help to improve your overall circulation. During a massage, your body gets more oxygen delivered to your muscle cells. Plus, a massage helps to make you feel more relaxed and joyful. It releases endorphins to relax your nervous system and reduce anxiety. Not only that, you can actually have a better night’s sleep after a back massage. If you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep at night, it’s worth seeing if a back massage can help.
DWYM Fun Fact
Not only does a back massage help you relieve pain and feel more relaxed, it can also actually improve your overall posture. Getting a back massage helps your body to get into a more natural posture because it releases restrictions in your muscles and joints. In addition, a massage can also help to relieve tension headaches. Next time you feel a bad one coming on, using your back massager can help to make it less intense, especially if you suffer from chronic tension headaches.
The Back Massager Buying Guide
- Before you buy a back massager, it’s important to think about where your pain is specifically located on your back and how much area it covers. This will help you choose the right shape and size of the back massager. For the shape, you need to make sure it’s designed to target the source of your pain. The size should be large enough to cover the area where you have the most pain.
- For many shoppers, portability is key because they want to be able to take the back massager with them on vacation or to work. If that’s the case, pay attention to the size and how easy it will be to pack in a bag or purse and transport. You’ll also need to see if it can work cordlessly and whether the batteries can hold a charge for a long time.
- Take a look at the massaging features and how the back massager actually works. The number of massage nodes on the massager will affect how deep and intense of a massage you can have. Some back massagers use a percussion style of massage which is an intense technique that provides a deep tissue massage. For those that like the Japanese style of massage, look for a shiatsu feature. If you have trouble with knots in your back, make sure the back massager has a kneading feature which can help with the knots.
- Getting a back massager that heats up is an excellent choice if you’re looking for pain relief. Make sure that the massager has an auto shut-off function so that it doesn’t overheat and get damaged.
- Having multiple intensity settings is a good feature to look for. There may be days when you only want a light massage and others where you need something more intense. Multiple settings will enable you to get the comfort you need.