Health Metric Radon Test Kit
Last updated date: July 7, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as September 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Radon Test Kit for a detailed review of all the top .
All you need to do to use this radon test kit is place the sample in an undisturbed location on the lowest level of your home and wait 48 hours. After two days have passed, you can place the sample in the provided packaging and send it off to the lab. A detailed analysis will follow as soon as the lab processes your sample.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Health Metric Radon Test Kit placed 3rd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
✅ SECURE YOUR SAFETY FOR PEACE OF MIND – Radon is responsible for around 21,000 lung cancer deaths every year. Testing is the only way to really know if you and your family are at risk. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Take action now. ✅ EASY TO USE 48-HOUR TEST – It takes just a few minutes to set up and includes everything you need to check your home or office for radon. Just follow the simple instructions, send it in, and you’ll get your radon report in a few days. ✅ FREE LAB TESTING, SHIPPING INCLUDED – We’ll cover the testing fee and return shipping so you don’t have to pay a penny extra for that. You’ll usually get your lab results back within 3-5 working days after we receive your radon sample. ✅ MADE IN THE USA FOR MAXIMUM ACCURACY – With millions of detectors analyzed, this test is one of the most proven radon measurement devices available. Your radon sample will be analyzed by the NRPP-certified US lab with experience testing for radon since 1983. ✅ ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED – You can always count on our team of qualified experts, with more than 30 years of expertise in the radon-testing industry. Should you have any questions, feel free to get in touch. We’re here to help!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Radon gas is dangerous because it’s colorless, odorless and tasteless. It is reported as being the second leading cause of lung cancer, with smoking coming in at number one. The only way to know if radon gas is present in your home is to test for it. Fortunately, you can purchase a radon test kit online and conduct the test yourself.
Look for a radon test kit with an all-inclusive price. Otherwise, you’ll need to add a lab fee and shipping costs to the price of the test kit. The AirChek Charcoal Radon Test Kit is one such kit that doesn’t charge any additional fees. It provides its customers with a prepaid mailer to make returning the sample a breeze.
Consider the length of time required to collect the radon sample. The AccuStar Charcoal Radon Gas Test Kit only needs to sit out between 48 and 96 hours. There are other models that require you to leave them out for as long as seven days.
Review how long it takes the lab to email your results once they receive your sample. The First Alert RD1 Radon Gas Test Kit offers one of the fastest turnaround times of just 72 hours. Some labs state three to five working days for results, while others don’t even provide a return time range.
Research the lab associated with the radon test kit. You want to make sure the results you get are accurate. The Health Metric Radon Test Kit has their samples analyzed by an NRPP-certified US lab. This lab has been successfully conducting these tests since 1983.
The Buying Guide
- For the best results, you need to set up your radon test kit only after the indoor temperature of your home is set to a consistent 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Choose a testing location for your radon kit. You need to place it on the lowest level of your home in a room that does not receive a lot of humidity. A den, bedroom or family room is a much better choice than a kitchen or bathroom. Damp basements should also be avoided.
- Set the radon test 20 inches above the floor and close all the windows and doors. It is important that you don’t use any fans or devices that could bring outside air into the room that’s housing your test.
- Avoid testing on days when storms or high wind are expected.
- Let the radon test sit undisturbed for the designated amount of time listed in the product directions. This is typically anywhere between 2 to 7 days.
- Collect your test kit once the time is up and immediately place it in the mailer and send it off to the lab.
- Most radon test kits do not collect any lab fees; however, the state of New Jersey requires residents to pay a nominal fee to have their samples tests.
- If the radon levels come back as elevated, you may be able to correct the issue using sealants and other low-cost products. It’s also possible that you may need to purchase a radon mitigation system, which will reduce the amount of radon in your breathable space.
- You can visit the Environmental Protection Agency’s website for the organization’s most current radon testing guidelines.
- If cost is a consideration in your decision, you’ll find radon test kits are available in every budget. The AirChek Charcoal Radon Test Kit and the First Alert RD1 Radon Gas Test Kit are extremely affordable, while the AccuStar Charcoal Radon Gas Test Kit has a more moderate price. The Health Metric Radon Test Kit has the highest price tag of the bunch.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide