Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard
Last updated: June 27, 2019
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mac Gaming Keyboards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mac Gaming Keyboard you should buy.
The wider key spacing on the Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard makes it easier for some users. One of its best features is the customizability of the backlight colors, allowing you to create the three-color combination that's most appealing to you. The unique design also makes it popular with gamers.In our analysis of 70 expert reviews, the Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard placed 4th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Gaming Mouse and Keyboard—Including a 7 Colorful Circular Breathing LED Gaming Mouse and a Rainbow Backlit Gaming Keyboard.Rainbow backlights takes you into a pretty cool gaming atmosphere quickly.7 circular breathing color of mouse:Red, Green, Blue, Yollow, Purple, Cyan, Pink. Fantastic for pc games. Keyboard Mouse Combo-Ergonomic keyboard and mouse design,fits naturally in your hand.The USB keyboard and gaming mouse is simple to use,just “plug and play”. No additional software or firmware required. Computer Keyboards-Simultaneous operation of the USB LED backlit keyboards up to 19 keys without conflict, 8 multimedia shortcut keys, interchangeable “WASD” keys and WIN keys can be disabled for pc gaming. Gaming Mice-Resolution up to 3200DPI, Four levels adjustable, 800/1200/2400/3200DPI, the ergonomic gaming mouse with DPI switch flashing indicator.Warm tips: cannot set in one specific color(Press Forward / Back Button + DPI to turn off the light).6-buttons for superior productivity and efficiency. Gaming Keyboard and Mouse: Compatibility with Windows 2000 / 2003 / XP / Vista / Win7 / Win8 /Win10/Mac OS for gaming pc.❤18 Months Warranty❤ This “Backlit keyboard” is associated with membrane keyboard where all keys are same membrane and backlit is like a central light shared by all. The letters are not backlit. But the bold, bright characters make the keys easier to read—even if you have less than perfect vision. With 19 anti-ghosting key: Simultaneous operation of up to 19 keys without conflict; 5 multimedia keys, interchangeable “WASD” keys and WIN keys can be disabled for gaming. Supported operating systems range from Windows 2000 / 2003 / XP / Vista / Win7 / Win8 /Win10/Mac OS (Please Note:the multimediakeys just work for files on Windows).
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
- If you have a Mac, the first thing to look at in a gaming keyboard is compatibility with the operating system of your machine. The DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard and Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard are both compatible with all recent versions of Mac OS, while Redragon K556 Gaming Keyboard works with Mac OS X. Unfortunately, though, the Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard’s multimedia keys only work with Windows.
- Both the DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard and Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard promise easy installation. Just plug in and start typing.
- Gaming keyboards are built to withstand far more wear and tear than a standard keyboard. The Redragon K552 Gaming Keyboard has a metal exterior and custom mechanical switches. It’s also water resistant, which comes in handy if you tend to accidentally splash coffee or water on your keyboard on occasion. The Redragon K556 Gaming Keyboard has a 50 million keystroke lifespan.
- Another thing to consider is the durability of the connection cable. The DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard comes with a braided connection cable to keep it going for many years.
- Another feature to look for while keyboard shopping is anti-ghosting, which lets you freely press multiple keys at once without your commands being lost. You’ll also see this listed as “nonconflict keys.” The Redragon K552 Gaming Keyboard has 87 anti-ghosting keys, while the DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard and Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard have 19 anti-ghosting keys each.
- Special keys are the hallmark of any gaming keyboard. The Redragon K552 Gaming Keyboard has 12 multimedia keys, and the Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard has special keys that can be set up to use as shortcuts. However, the Havit’s multimedia keys won’t work with Mac O/S. There is also no mute button on the Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard if that’s important to you.
- One bonus with the Redragon K556 Gaming Keyboard is that you get eight spare switches in case you need to replace any of the keys over the years. The keys in the Redragon K556 Gaming Keyboard are built to make it easy for you to easily remove each keycap and clean it.
- Although tastes vary, if attractiveness matters to you, the Redragon K552 Gaming Keyboard and Redragon K556 Gaming Keyboard are built like a standard compact keyboard. The DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard and Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard have a more expansive design that may appeal to gamers who like a more futuristic, science fiction-inspired look.
- One issue with the DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard is that it can tend to slide around a little. You might need to set it on a rubber mat to keep it still.
- Backlighting is important in a gaming keyboard, especially if you prefer to game in darker rooms. Most gaming keyboards are backlit, although you may find the letters don’t light up, as is the case with the Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard. One bonus with the DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard is that you can change the three colors of the backlighting, as well as control the intensity of the lighting.
- The design of some keyboards makes them more comfortable than others. The DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard is built with ergonomics in mind to keep you both safe and comfortable while using it. The keys on the Redragon K552 Gaming Keyboard and Redragon K556 Gaming Keyboard provide a pleasant tactile experience while you’re typing. The spacing of the keys on the Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard makes it easy to use.
- If you plan to go back and forth between gaming and regular keyboard use, you’ll want a keyboard that makes that switch easy. The DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard makes toggling easy.
- Gaming keyboards are fairly inexpensive as a whole, with the Redragon K552 Gaming Keyboard, DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard, Redragon K556 Gaming Keyboard and Havit Rainbow Gaming Keyboard all retailing for less than $50. The DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard is the least expensive of all, usually found at a price point below $30.
- If you’re an avid gamer, the Redragon K552 Gaming Keyboard and DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard may not be able to keep up with your level of gameplay. These keyboards are more suitable for novice and midlevel gamers.
- Gamers often steer toward gaming keyboards due to the ability to easily create macros. The Redragon K552 Gaming Keyboard has built-in software for this and, while there’s a learning curve, it’s easy to use once you’ve gotten the hang of it.
- Although its compact design means it takes up less room on the desk, that doesn’t make the Redragon K552 Gaming Keyboard and Redragon K556 Gaming Keyboard more portable. They’re both very heavy, helping with durability but not making them easy to take on the road. You’ll also find that the cable on these models isn’t detachable, making traveling tough.
- Compact design has one minor inconvenience. The Redragon K552 Gaming Keyboard doesn’t have a number keypad. If you want a number keypad, you can find one on the also-compact Redragon K556 Gaming Keyboard.
- The multimedia controls on the DBPOWER Gaming Keyboard make it worth considering. You’ll get 12 keys for shortcuts.
- If you use your keyboard outside of gaming, or you simply need to stay quiet while gaming due to sleeping roommates, noise is an important consideration. The keys on the Redragon K556 Gaming Keyboard are quiet whether you’re using them to type an email or get to the next level in your favorite game. You may notice the keys get louder over time due to the buildup of dust, but you can easily clean them with some compressed air.
- Many gaming keyboards connect to your computer with the use of a USB connector, which you just plug into your USB port. The Redragon K552 Gaming Keyboard and Redragon K556 Gaming Keyboard include gold-plated, corrosion-proof USB connectors to keep them from wearing out before the keyboard does.
Gamers need a special setup, from the processing power built into the system itself to the high-resolution monitor and speakers that improve the experience. You may not stop and think about the keyboard and mouse you use for gaming until you advance as a gamer. But true gaming power comes from having accessories that enhance your experience rather than taking away from it.
One thing to consider as you look for a gaming keyboard is durability. You aren’t just typing messages to your friends on your keyboard anymore. In the heat of the moment, you’re probably pounding away on your keys with an amount of pressure that could easily damage a more lightweight model. The best keyboards come with mechanical switches that can withstand all that heavy-duty mashing.
Just in case, though, you’ll also find some gaming keyboards come with extra switches so that you can easily repair a key if it wears out. Gaming keyboards are made with mechanical or rubber switches that provide a more tactile experience while also strengthening the durability of the keys themselves. Many of the gaming keyboards on the market today are based on the Cherry line, a switch family that first hit the market in 1983. These keys are multi-colored to make it easy for the gamer to identify their functions.
Don’t assume you have to have a separate keyboard if you use your gaming computer for other activities. Some of today’s gaming keyboards are built to work in two separate modes. Others operate the same whether you’re in gaming mode or chatting online with friends. You’ll just ignore any special gaming controls on the keyboard when you don’t need them.
With some keyboards, if you plan to use your gaming keyboard when you aren’t in gaming mode, you’ll need to make sure there’s a way to easily toggle back and forth. Some keyboards do this through a dedicated gaming key that you can simply press when you’re ready to get started. You may also find that paying attention to noise levels is essential if using your keyboard for standard typing.
Gamers have also experienced something called “keyboard ghosting” with gaming keyboards. This happens when the keyboard simply can’t keep up with the keystroke combinations that become second nature to avid gamers. Standard keyboards may limit how many keys you can press at once, so you’ll need to look for a gaming keyboard that promises anti-ghosting capabilities.
One last thing to consider is the mouse you’ll be using. If you already have a gaming mouse, it probably will work fine. But if you’re in the market for one, consider buying one manufactured by the same company that made your gaming keyboard. By pairing that way, you’ll get maximum functionality. For those who do have a mouse already, if you notice issues, it might be time to shop for a mouse as well.