Hatch Night Light & Built-In Clock Sound Machine
Last updated date: March 14, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sound Machines and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sound Machine you should buy.
Update as March 20, 2023:
Checkout The Best Sound Machine for a detailed review of all the top sound machines.
In our analysis, the Hatch Hatch Night Light & Built-In Clock Sound Machine placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Our latest, updated Rest 2nd gen sound machine is now Wi-Fi enabled, with dimmable clock and even more features for dreamy sleep! Sound Machine. Includes soothing sounds like white noise, ocean, wind, fan, heartbeat and rain. Expand your library with the Hatch Sleep Membership, an optional add-on library of lullabies, bedtime stories and more expert-curated sleep content. Free trial included. Smart Night Light. Fun, bedside lamp with infinite custom color hues. Perfect for boys or girls. Illuminate the crib and changing table to ease nighttime infant feedings. Make the dark less scary in your child’s room with a calming glow. Time-to-Rise & Time-for-Bed. Program color and sound to let your early riser know when to stay in bed and when it’s ok to wake up. Build a routine to train your little one to wind down for naps and bedtime. Control via app from anywhere. Adjust settings and set timers remotely with smartphone, or control volume and nightlight by touch with easy-access buttons on the device.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sound Machines
From traffic outside your window to the neighbours dog barking to creaking doors and floors in your house, there are a lot of sounds that can keep you and your loved ones awake at night. A great way to drown out all of the noise is to use a sound machine. Often called a white noise machine, these gadgets play a variety of soothing sounds, such as static, water rushing or birds chirping, to help people fall asleep and stay asleep.
One of the main things to consider when selecting a sound machine is the variety of sounds it can play. While some sound machines only play white noise, others have an array of sounds including music, running water, forest sounds, and more. Some also enable you to plug in a music player and play that through the sound machine. Think about what noises you prefer to fall asleep to. In addition, check to see what range of volume settings the sound machine has. Some people like to have their sound machine play very softly while others need it to be quite loud to drown out other noises.
Another factor to consider is whether the sound machine has a clean loop of the recording. In some cases, you can actually hear when the recording ends and starts again, which can be disruptive to some people’s sleep as there is a change in sound. With a clean loop, however, the end of the recording and the beginning of the recording are indiscernible, so you don’t get jolted awake by the sudden change.
The Sound Machine Buying Guide
- Where is the best place to set up your sound machine? For most people, it’s right beside their bed on their side table. This way, you don’t have to have the volume up too loud as the gadget is close by. However, others actually prefer to place the sound machine across the room. This gives the feeling of a fuller sound that encompasses the whole room, not just near where you’re sleeping.
- A great feature to have in your sound machine is ambient light or a night light. This way, you can use the feature to navigate across a dark room without turning on overhead lights. Some sound machines actually have light projections of different shapes, like moons and stars, which are great for helping overtired kids settle down and fall asleep.
- While some people like to have their sound machine on throughout the night, others prefer to have it turn off once they are asleep. Many sound machines come with timer features, such as 30, 60 or 90 minutes. After the time has passed, the machine turns off by itself.
- If you have trouble falling asleep anywhere that’s not your bed, opt for a small sound machine that’s easily portable. This way, you can take it with you wherever you go to help it feel more like home, and to help you fall asleep and stay asleep, no matter what noises are around.
- For those that are tech savvy, having a sound machine you can control with your mobile phone may be an attractive choice. You can control the settings via an app instead of on the sound machine itself.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide