Harper & Bright Designs Wood Slat Daybed
Last updated date: May 19, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Daybeds and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Daybed you should buy.
Update as May 19, 2022:
Checkout The Best Daybeds for a detailed review of all the top daybeds.
This contemporary daybed has straight lines and a minimalist style. It is great for having extra friends and family stay overnight. The bed has a weight capacity of 460 pounds.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Harper & Bright Designs Wood Slat Daybed placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Versatile full daybed is perfect for lounging around, hanging with friends or studying during the day. At night, it easy converts into a bed for your friends and family to stay overnight. Contemporary, clean-lined Full bed frame is crafted from solid pine wood, this Daybed is built too last; Solid wood daybed, No box spring or foundation needed.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Daybeds
Whether you’re short on space, like having multi-functional furniture or have a lot of overnight guests over, a daybed is a good solution for your home. This versatile piece of furniture is both a couch and a bed and can serve multiple uses in any space. This type of bed has a backrest and two arms, much like a couch. However, it also has a comfortable mattress that is easy to set up so you can sleep on it and have a great, restful night.
Some daybeds look more like beds than sofas while others are more couch-like and less like a bed. When deciding on what kind of daybed is right for you, it’s important to consider how you will most often use it. For example, if the daybed will serve as your primary bed, then it’s important to get one that has a sturdy frame and a comfortable mattress, instead of couch cushions. However, if the daybed will be used in the living room for occasional overnight guests, you can consider one that is more like a sofa than a bed.
Be sure to consider whether you require additional storage under the daybed. If you’re short on space, some daybeds can have drawers underneath the mattress area, which is a great place for putting extra sheets, blankets and pillows. You can also find daybeds that are a trundle style so you can actually have an additional lower bed frame and mattress stored underneath should you want extra sleeping space. If you don’t require extra storage, then opt for a daybed that has an open space underneath the mattress.
The Daybed Buying Guide
- In terms of size, most daybeds are the same size as a twin bed. These work well both for sleeping and sitting. You can also find some daybeds that are larger, such as a full or double size bed. While they offer more room for sleeping, they don’t work as well as a couch.
- What type of material should you look for in your daybed? Many are made from engineered wood, which is a good option if you’re looking for something affordable. This type of wood is durable and sturdy, similar to hardwood, but much less expensive. Real wood daybeds are sturdy and long lasting, in addition to having a traditional and classic look. For a more modern option, consider daybeds made of metal. These are easy to clean, cost-effective, stylish and strong. Plus, they are corrosion resistant and long lasting.
- When it comes to style, there are many options. If your home has a traditional or colonial style, opt for a daybed with lots of curved lines, such as a sleigh style. Classic styles also have ornate details and use traditional materials such as wood. For a more contemporary feel, opt for daybeds with straight lines and minimalist accents. These can be made from metal or engineered wood.
- If you have a trundle daybed, it’s important to remove the sheets and blankets off the lower mattress before closing up the frame. This way, they won’t get caught on any springs or parts within the frame when retracted and get ruined. You can put the sheet back on once you pull out the mattress.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide