Handy Laundry Twin Waterproof Mattress Protector
Last updated date: September 18, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Twin Waterproof Mattress Protectors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Twin Waterproof Mattress Protector you should buy.
In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the Handy Laundry Handy Laundry Twin Waterproof Mattress Protector placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Twin Waterproof Mattress Protectors for a detailed review of all the top twin waterproof mattress protectors.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Shield your mattress from stains, fluids, and allergens the natural way with our hypoallergenic, waterproof, and breathable mattress protector. Our advanced waterproof technology repels all fluids, while allowing air to pass through, giving you a fresh, clean, and healthy sleep. The Miracle Membrane Topper is made of ultra-thin, soft, cotton terry, with a polyurethane barrier that is smooth and soundless: it won’t change the feel of your mattress. Because it prevents all liquids from getting through, the Handy Laundry Premium Mattress Protector will increase the life of your mattress. Just as important, it will protect your health. It blocks dust mites, allergens, mold, pollen, pet dander, and bacteria. It’s particularly beneficial for those who suffer from asthma, allergies, and eczema. It has an easy-on-and-off fit and design, and can be washed and tumble dried. Safeguard your sleep with our premium twin mattress protector, and rest assured that our 10-year warranty means your mattress will last a long time.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Twin Waterproof Mattress Protectors
Keeping your mattress clean and dry is key when you want it to last a long time. Spills, leaks, dust and other things can cause your mattress to smell, stain and irritate allergies. A mattress protector is a like a cover for your mattress that goes on under the bedsheet. You can remove the mattress protector every time you wash your sheets and wash it along with them. It’s designed to keep the surface of your mattress clean and fresh.
Waterproof mattress protectors can help keep your bed free from spills, stains and leaks from bedwetting or drinks. It’s also a good idea to use a waterproof mattress protector for warm sleepers who sweat a lot at night. Mattress protectors can also help to keep away common allergens such as dust mites, pet dander, mold and mildew. They can also protect your mattress from bed bugs, which feed off human and animal blood.
Waterproof mattress protectors are made from a thin polyurethane flexible membrane that doesn’t allow water to pass through. However, it has microscopic pores that let air flow through, so it’s a breathable fabric. The other option for waterproof mattress protectors is vinyl. While not as breathable as polyurethane, it’s excellent at guarding against liquids. Vinyl can also retain heat, so it’s not a good option for warm sleepers.
DWYM Fun Fact
When it comes to twin waterproof mattress protectors, there are two styles of encasement. A six-sided encasement protector covers every side of the mattress, including the bottom. It’s like a bag that goes over your mattress and zips up on one side. This is a good choice if you’re also looking to protect your mattress from allergens and bed bugs, as they can sneak in through the bottom. If you’re just looking to guard your mattress from liquids, than a five-sided encasement is a fine choice. While the bottom of the mattress is left uncovered, the top and the sides are protected. This kind of mattress cover goes on the same way as a fitted sheet.
The Twin Waterproof Mattress Protector Buying Guide
- An important thing to consider when buying a twin waterproof mattress protector is the feel of your bed. Does the mattress protector create a hot and sticky feeling or does it feel cool and smooth? This is important when considering comfort.
- Also consider how loud the mattress protector is. Some waterproof covers can be squeaky, especially those made from vinyl or plastic, which can be disruptive during sleep.
- Opt for a breathable material like polyurethane that allows air to flow through freely but keeps water out. This way, the mattress will not retain heat or sweat. Non-breathable waterproof mattress protectors can raise your body temperature because they retain heat.
- One of the key benefits of a waterproof mattress protector is that you can easily remove it from the mattress and wash it. Choose one that is washing machine and tumble dryer friendly so you can easily clean it every time you change your sheets.
- Check the size of the twin waterproof mattress protector to ensure it not only fits the length and width of your mattress, but also the depth. This way, you can cove five full sides.