Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Can Opener
Last updated date: February 26, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Can Openers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Can Opener you should buy.
Editor's Note February 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Electric Can Opener for a detailed review of all the top electric can openers.
While most can openers leave you with a can that has sharp edges, the Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Can Opener doesn't. It cuts cans along the sides, which results in smooth edges that won't nick you when you touch them. Once the can has been opened, all you need to do is tap the easy-touch opening lever to remove the lid.
In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the Hamilton Beach Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Can Opener placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Can Opener easily opens both pop-top and regular cans with the slightest effort with just one hand. You never have to worry about sharp lids when you use this can opener. That's because it cuts cans along the side, leaving you with a smooth, touchable lid. The sleek, stylish black and chrome design complements any kitchen decor and looks great on every countertop. This automatic can opener performs well and looks great. It's top-rated by consumers, who've given it 4½ stars.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Can Openers
Manual can openers are good to have around in the event of a power outage, but they require a good grip and sometimes a great deal of strength to operate. For everyday use, an electric can opener is best. It does all the hard work for you.
As you shop, consider the size of the cans you typically need to cut. Short traditional models are capable of opening a can of veggies or soup, but they can’t handle the size of bulk containers. If you have a large family, you may wish to go with the Cuisinart Deluxe Electric Can Opener. It’s slim, so it won’t take up much counter space, but more importantly tall. It can handle bigger cans with ease.
Typical electric can openers cut the inside of the can, which leaves sharp edges. If you have small children at home, these sharp edges may cause an accidental cut if the can is not carefully handled. Instead, opt for something like the Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Can Opener, which cuts cans along the sides. The result is edges that are smooth to the touch.
As you open certain cans, the electric can opener may get dirty. It can be hard to fully clean the blade and the surrounding area with a dishrag. Fortunately, there are models like the Hamilton Beach Classic Electric Automatic Can Opener that have a removable, dishwasher-safe cutting unit.
Determine whether the electric can opener has anything extra to offer. For example, the Proctor Silex Automatic Can Opener comes with a knife sharpener. Other models have an automatic shut-off feature and added storage for the machine’s cord.
The Electric Can Opener Buying Guide
- Electric can openers that are on the lighter side may tip over when you try to use them with heavier cans. Make sure you also grab on to the base of the can opener with your free hand before you begin opening the can.
- The price of an electric can opener increases with every added feature. The Cuisinart Deluxe Electric Can Opener is a basic model, and therefore the most affordable. The Hamilton Beach Classic Electric Automatic Can Opener and the Proctor Silex Automatic Can Opener with Knife Sharpener have an added knife sharpener, which puts them in the moderate price range. The most costly is the Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Can Opener. This model demands a higher price due to its ability to cut cans from the sides, leaving behind smooth edges.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide