Hamilton Beach Home Baker Bread Maker
Last updated date: July 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bread Machines and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bread Machine you should buy.
Update as July 8, 2021:
Checkout The Best Bread Machine for a detailed review of all the top bread machines.
Whether you're interested in making French bread or cake, this bread machine has you covered. It's able to create larger loaves that weight up to 2 pounds and has a convenient viewing window, so you can check on your bake. A recipe guide with gluten-free options is included with your purchase.
In our analysis of 44 expert reviews, the Hamilton Beach Home Baker Bread Maker placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
With the HomeBaker Bread Machine, preparing a variety of breads is simple: just add ingredients, select the cycle and press start. After you make the first delicious batch, it won't be long before family and friends are asking for more.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bread Machines
In the 1990s, bread machines took over the country, with some saying they’d be the next big essential kitchen appliance. Although the fad soon faded, bread-making appliances stuck around, remaining popular with those who love the taste of regular bread. If you’ve ever tried to make a loaf of bread the old-fashioned way, you likely know the appeal of inserting ingredients and pushing a button for fresh, home-baked bread.
Today’s bread machines have come a long way from the early days, especially when it comes to appealing to modern dietary restrictions. Now that they have gluten-free baking options, they’re appealing to an audience of people who have trouble finding delicious bread at the grocery store or neighborhood bakery. But not all bread machines have gluten-free features, and of those that do, only some can bake tasty gluten-free loaves. So it’s important to shop for that specifically if you’re on a special diet.
Whether you’re baking a gluten-free or regular loaf, though, you’ll want delicious-tasting bread baked consistently all over. This includes soft slices with the perfect outer crust. Some bread makers do better than others at this, based primarily on the way the machine distributes heat. It’s important to note, though, that some machines produce bread that doesn’t have that traditional “loaf” look and search for one that does if it’s important to you.
Some newer bread machines have fruit and nut dispensers that release those ingredients at the exact moment they’re needed. If you plan to make banana bread or date nut bread on a fairly regular basis, this might be a feature to consider while you’re shopping.
The Bread Machine Buying Guide
- Bread machines can have a bit of a learning curve. You’ll need to first gather all the ingredients you need, then know which buttons to push. The Zojirushi Virtuoso bread maker has a light-up digital display and easy-to-use settings. Other models also has a large LCD screen that’s easy to read.
- One notable feature in the Zojirushi bread machine is that it tells you what time your loaf will be done, rather than merely giving you a countdown timer.
- If you plan to make fruity bread, consider a bread maker that has a fruit and nut dispenser. Your ingredients will release at the designated time. The Zojirushi Virtuoso bread maker doesn’t have the dispenser, but it does beep when it’s time for you to manually add them.
- More than 3 million Americans are following a gluten-free diet. Normally this would mean forgoing bread — and bread machines — altogether. However, some bread machines let you make delicious gluten-free bread at the press of a button. The Zojirushi Virtuoso creates gluten-free bread that tastes better than you’ll get in any store. You may even find it tastes better than regular bread. Some models actually have a gluten-free bread setting.
- If you want the luxury of creating foods beyond bread, go with a bread maker that allows you to also make pasta and jam by just choosing those options on the menu and inserting the necessary ingredients.
- If you’re on a budget, you may want to stick with a model that retails for under $100. The Zojirushi Virtuoso bread machine retail for more than $250.
- When it comes down to it, your bread maker needs to put out high-quality, good-tasting bread. All of the other factors are important, but this one is a top priority. The Zojirushi bread machine has a heater on the lid that ensures each loaf is evenly cooked on all sides. No matter what size loaf you’re making, you’ll get this same result.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide