Hamilton Beach Fresh Grind Electric Grinder, 4.5-Ounce
Last updated date: January 20, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Grinders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Grinder you should buy.
Editor's Note January 20, 2021:
Checkout The Best Grinder for a detailed review of all the top grinders.
There's nothing better than a fresh cup of coffee to get your day going. This easy-to-use grinder transforms your coffee beans into fine grinds with just the push of a button. There's even a built-in compartment to store the unit's cord when not in use.
In our analysis of 99 expert reviews, the Hamilton Beach Hamilton Beach Fresh Grind Electric Grinder, 4.5-Ounce placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Quieter than competitors: Whether it’s early morning or late at night, you can make fresh grounds without making too much noise. Removable grinding chamber: The grinding chamber removes for easy filling of whole beans or spices once finished, remove the chamber for easy cleaning. Make up to 12 cups of coffee: You can grind up to 9 tablespoons of beans, enough for 12 cups of coffee. Wipe the base with a damp cloth. Hidden cord storage: A hide away cord storage at the bottom of the grinder stores the cord neatly and out of sight when it is not in use. Stainless steel blades: Durable stainless steel blades grind coffee beans and spices with ease.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Grinders
Having the right kitchen tools on hand is important if you want to keep your prep time to a minimum. Anyone who has a love for fresh coffee or a desire to create delicious meals and snacks from scratch will benefit from a grinder. Today, most grinders are electric and able to turn whole beans and nuts into a powder in just a few seconds.
Capacity is the first thing you’ll want to consider as you browse different grinders on the market. Small models are fine for individuals and couples; however, families would do better with a grinder that has a larger capacity. For example, the KRUPS Silent Vortex Electric Grinder is able to grind enough coffee beans to make 12 cups of java. It’s also capable of grinding spices and dried herbs to add flavor to your favorite dishes.
Next, review how the grinder operates. Does it have a button for pulsing or continuously grinding the ingredient into a powder? Perhaps it’s like the Mueller Austria HyperGrind Precision Grinder Mill, which requires pressing down on the top of the bowl. No matter which model you select, make sure you can grind the powder to your preferred texture, such as fine, medium or coarse.
Determine whether you can get away with a grinder that simply works on dried ingredients, or whether a model that can handle both dry and wet ingredients is best. The SHARDOR Coffee & Spice Electric Grinder features a grinder bowl with two blades for coffee beans and dried spices and a chopper bowl with four blades for garlic cloves and other wet ingredients.
Finally, you’ll want to go with a grinder that makes safety a priority. For example, some grinders have built-in smart overheat protection and safety-lock lids.
The Grinder Buying Guide
- Check the height of the grinder. Some models are actually so tall that they don’t fit on counters that have upper cabinets.
- If you have small children at home, you’ll want to look for a grinder with a quiet motor. This way you can enjoy a fresh cup of coffee while your little one sleeps undisturbed.
- Keep in mind that if the grinder’s upper chamber and inner cup are not aligned exactly, ground coffee or herbs may end up in the motor.
- Check the grinder’s product care guide before you begin cleaning the unit. Most allow for placing the grinder bowls in the dishwasher. If you attempt to wash the grinder bowl by hand, be careful of the blades, which do not detach from the bowl. You don’t want to suffer an accidental cut during the cleaning process.
- Reviewers report that some grinders tend to overheat rather quickly, which means they will shut down and you will be stuck waiting for them to cool enough to turn back on.
- The price for electric grinders varies based on design, construction materials and extra features. The Mueller Austria HyperGrind Precision Grinder Mill is one of the more affordable brands, although the KRUPS Silent Vortex Electric Grinder isn’t too far behind. You’ll pay more for models that are able to grind both dry and wet ingredients.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide