Hamilton Beach Coffee Server, 48-Cup
Last updated date: January 21, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Coffee Servers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Coffee Server you should buy.
Update as September 7, 2021:
Checkout The Best Coffee Server for a detailed review of all the top coffee servers.
If you're hosting a large gathering, this coffee server is the way to go. This unit has a two-way dispenser, so you can choose between a continuous flow to fill your cup or a controlled flow, which is best used for topping off your cup. There are also measurement lines inside the server's tank to guide you in making the exact number of cups needed and a handy indicator light that lets you know when the coffee has been fully heated.
In our analysis of 110 expert reviews, the Hamilton Beach Coffee Server, 48-Cup placed 2nd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Makes 15-45 cups. Cup-per-minute brewing speed. Water-level indicators. Ready-to-serve light. Easy to fill. 2-way dispenser. Twist-lock lid and large handles. Removable cord. Glossy aluminum finish. Comfortable handles. Easy to clean and store. Dishwasher safe twist-lock lid and brew basket. Amazon.com Ideal for buffet-style entertaining at home or as a self-serve option at a large business meeting, this coffee urn brews and holds between 15 and 45 cups of coffee. Designed to serve crowds, the polished aluminum urn brews about a cup of coffee per minute and has a ready-to-serve light that lets you know when you can start pouring. The two-way dispenser depresses to fill a single cup or can be propped in the vertical position to fill a larger carafe. Water level markings inside the urn help you accurately fill the urn to the proper water level. For safety, this coffee urn has heat-resistant handles and a locking lid for easier carrying without spillage. Other convenient features include a dishwasher-safe lid and brew basket and a detachable cord for easy storage. Hamilton Beach provides a 2-year limited warranty on this appliance. --Cristina Vaamonde
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Coffee Servers
Instead of making multiple pots of coffee throughout the day to accommodate the number of people in your office, use a coffee server. Coffee servers not only hold a large number of cups of coffee, but they are also able to keep the coffee hot and fresh all day long. They work great for any type of large gathering, including a book club, support group, bingo night or anniversary party.
As you begin your search for the best coffee server, look for models made from 18/8 stainless steel, as this material is not only durable but also does not absorb flavors. That means you can serve hazelnut coffee one day and vanilla the next. Stainless steel is also resistant to stains, which coffee is known to cause.
Check the coffee server’s insulation next. The Cresimo Thermal Coffee Server, 68-Oz uses vacuum insulation technology to keep coffee and tea hot for up to 12 hours and ice tea and juice cold for up to 24 hours. It also has a double-wall interior lining to keep the internal temperature hot, but the exterior temperature nice and cool. Some German-engineered models can preserve the temperature of hot beverages for as long as 24 hours, which is only necessary if you have a long-running event, such as a lock-in or a dance-off.
Examine the lid and spout to determine how they operate. The Vondior Coffee Server, 102-Oz has a wide mouth for adding ice to cold beverages and a pump-action top that works with just one press. Other models have a two-way dispenser so that users can either fill their entire mug or top off a mug that still has some coffee in it. Some units even have a safety lock to prevent spills that could lead to a harmful burn.
Look at the coffee server’s handle to ensure it’s comfortable to hold. An ergonomic handle that is made of chrome is an excellent choice. Not only does it make pouring the coffee a breeze, but it’s also heat-proof. Even though the contents of the server are hot, the handle won’t be.
Consider any extras the coffee server may offer. With the Hamilton Beach Coffee Server, 48-Cup, you’ll get a free cleaning brush, an indicator light that lets you know when the coffee has reached its intended temperature and internal water levels marking to guide you in properly filling the server to accommodate the number of people you are expecting at your event.
The Coffee Server Buying Guide
- Check for any outside testings, awards or acknowledgments. You may find that a coffee server has been tested by an accredited lab and found to live up to its claims about its ability to retain heat. That information can help you come to a decision when you’re wavering between two or three models.
- Read the product label to determine how long the server takes to fully heat up. Some may take as long as 40 minutes to get the coffee to your desired temperature.
- While coffee does come with some nutritional benefits, drinkers must be careful about how much coffee they consume in a day. One can suffer a caffeine overdose if they have too much.
- You’ll need to clean your coffee server after each use. You’ll need to do this by hand. Once you rinse out any remaining coffee, add warm water and a drip of an anti-grease dish detergent. Use a cleaning brush to reach all the areas within the server and then rinse clean. You can dry the server with a lint-free cloth or allow it to air dry before the next use.
- When comparing coffee server prices, you must first look at how many ounces the unit holds. The Cresimo Thermal Coffee Server, 68-Oz, for example, costs less than the Vondior Coffee Server, 102-Oz, as it holds 34 fewer ounces. Next, you’ll need to compare features. The Hamilton Beach Coffee Server, 48-Cup is higher in price than other models because it has an indicator light and a 2-way dispenser.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide