Hamilton Beach 22-Quart Roaster Oven With Self-Basting Lid
Last updated date: March 10, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as March 10, 2021:
Checkout The Best Roaster Oven for a detailed review of all the top .
You can use this versatile roaster oven to make a variety of meals by baking, slow cooking and roasting. It has a removable rack which is easy to carry. The pan is easy to clean with soap and water.
In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the Hamilton Beach 22-Quart Roaster Oven With Self-Basting Lid placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Roast, bake, cook and serve with this stainless steel roaster oven. With a 22-quart capacity and the convenience of a conventional oven, it’s the perfect answer for extra oven space when cooking holiday dinners and large meals. Adjustable temperature control from 150º to 450ºF lets you do everything from keep a side dish warm to roast a large turkey. The removable rack has handles to easily lift big items after cooking. Or take the roaster oven right to the table for serving. Either way, cleanup is easy – the removable pan, lid and rack can be washed in hot, soapy water.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
A roaster oven is a countertop electrical cooking device with a removable pan and lid. There is a large heating element that is typically controlled with a dial and can reach a temperature between 200 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The roasting pan sits over the top of the heating element and can be used to roast, bake, steam or slow cook a variety of foods from mains to sides to desserts.
When on the hunt for a roaster oven, one of the main things to consider is the capacity. How much food do you plan to cook at one time? This will help you decide on the right-sized roaster oven for you. They typically come in 18-quart, 20-quart and 22-quart sizes. Be sure to also consider the power usage for the roaster oven. The faster you want to cook a meal, the higher the power wattage you will need. For example, for slow cooking in a roaster oven, you’ll need around 1,000 watts. For faster cooking, opt for 1,450 watts. A tight-fitting lid on a roaster oven is key because it helps to keep heat in and recirculating. It is also important for ensuring your food is juicy and moist.
The Buying Guide
- There are several different ways to use a roaster oven. One of the most common uses is for roasting a turkey for special occasions like Thanksgiving or Christmas. You can also roast other meats such as chicken, pork and beef. If you want to make a large quantity of a side dish, try making roasted potatoes or steamed rice in your roaster oven. You can also bake vegetables like carrots, broccoli, peppers and onions in a roaster oven. In addition, a roaster oven is also a great way to bake cake — you can pour the batter directly into the roaster and let it bake.
- If you’re having a lot of people over for a meal, you can use the roaster oven on a low setting to keep food warm. Pancakes, biscuits and other foods can stay at the perfect temperature in a roaster oven during a large gathering.
- For the best results, be sure to preheat your roasting oven before placing the food inside. This helps ensure it cooks perfectly and at the right time.
- The food will continue to cook in the roasting oven even after the heating element is turned off. If you don’t want to overcook your food, be sure to remove it from the heat right before it is done.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide