Hallmark Square Gift Boxes, 5 pack
Last updated date: November 8, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Gift Boxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Gift Box you should buy.
The Hallmark Square Gift Boxes, 5 pack is made using uniquely sourced materials from well-managed forests. Designed to hold everything from toys to cookies, these boxes can be delivered to the recipient in person or via the postal service. Gift givers can also toss a bow or ribbon on top of the boxes for added color. In our analysis of 5 expert reviews, the Hallmark Hallmark Square Gift Boxes, 5 pack placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 8, 2019:
Checkout The Best Gift Box for a detailed review of all the top gift boxes.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Wrap a variety of presents this year with ease, using these Kraft Christmas gift boxes. With a simple design, these gift boxes are perfect for Christmas, birthdays, or any gift giving occasion throughout the year. Buy in bulk along with a bundle of Hallmark wrapping paper and create beautifully wrapped packages this holiday season. The Hallmark brand is widely recognized as the very best for greeting cards, gift wrap, and more. For more than 100 years, Hallmark has been helping its customers make everyday moments more beautiful and celebrations more joyful.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Gift Boxes
Not all presents can be neatly wrapped without first being placed in a container. That’s where gift boxes come in. This handy invention not only makes it a cinch to package up homemade baked goods, jewelry, clothing and children’s toys, but it also adds a decorative touch to the gift. While shopping for a set of gift boxes, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
Take a look at the size of your gift to determine what size box to purchase. You’ll find a wide variety of gift boxes on the market, including small boxes that measure 8 x 8 x 4 inches and large boxes that measure 14 x 9.5 x 4.5 inches.
Check the material the gift box is made out of. Though most are made from cardboard, there are thinner boxes that are perfect for lighter items, such as cookies and Christmas ornaments, and thicker boxes suitable for heavier items, like toys and bottles of wine. The Hallmark Square Gift Boxes, 5 pack is made from materials that were sourced from a well-managed forest, and as a result, they fall in between the thin and thick boxes.
Make sure the boxes are easy to assemble. This is especially important if you have a large number of boxes to put together, such as for your child’s classmates on Halloween or your bridal party the night before a wedding. It’s also helpful if the boxes can be flattened for storage.
Decide what color you’d like your gift set to come in. The MESHA Gift Boxes, 10 pack comes in all white, while the Chilly Decorative Gift Boxes, 12 pack features yellow, pink, blue and brown options. You can also get sets that come strictly in brown or black.
Look for any extras that the gift box sets may offer that set them apart from the rest. The ZMYBCPACK Luxury Large Black Gift Boxes, 5 pack, for example, has a magnetic closure. Other sets come with a decorative ribbon closure instead.
DYWM Fun Fact
Most gift boxes are made from cardboard, which was first invented in 1817 by Sir Malcolm Thornhill. It wasn’t until approximately 60 years later that pre-cut cardboard boxes were created. Companies like Nabisco and Kelloggs took advantage of this handy new packaging for their food products. It wouldn’t take long after that for foldable gift boxes to make their appearance.
Speaking of gifts, the top three most common gifts given at Christmas time are gift cards, electronics and clothing. Since 54% of people return a gift that they have received, it makes sense that gift cards are the preferred present during the holidays.
Another fun fact that you may not be aware of: The largest gift ever given was from France to the United States. It was the Statue of Liberty.
The Gift Box Buying Guide
- Make sure the company offers a money back guarantee in case the gift boxes come damaged or do not live up to the claims made in the product description.
- Consider dressing the gift boxes up. You can use gel pens or paints to add a saying or design to the box. You can also decorate the box with bows, ribbons or twine. Additional options for adding some flair to your package: decoupage, applying washi tape and using stencils.
- You don’t just have to use the boxes for gift giving. They also work great to help organize various spaces in your home. For example, you can use them in your office to hold paperclips, in your laundry room to hold thread, needles and extra buttons or in your pantry to store snacks.
- If your gift boxes are made of cardboard, you’ll want to recycle them when they’ve outgrown their usefulness. Just remember to remove any plastic or metal components, as well as any decorations. Then fold or flatten the box before placing it in your paper recycling bin.
- Once you find a few gift box sets that you’re interested in buying, you’ll need to compare prices. To do this, you must take into consideration the size of the boxes and the number of boxes within the set. So, you can expect the Hallmark Square Gift Boxes, 5 pack to be cheaper than the MESHA Gift Boxes, 10 pack because it contains less boxes. The Chilly Decorative Gift Boxes, 12 pack is slightly more as well, as it offers the most boxes per set. Then there’s the ZMYBCPACK Luxury Large Black Gift Boxes, 5 pack, which is the most expensive. Though the set only contains five gift boxes, each features quality construction, a larger size and an added magnetic closure.