Hair Food Color Protect Dry Shampoo, 2-Pack
Last updated date: April 30, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Color Protect Dry Shampoos and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Color Protect Dry Shampoo you should buy.
Editor's Note October 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Color Protect Dry Shampoo for a detailed review of all the top color protect dry shampoos.
Revive your hair with the sweet-smelling Hair Food Color Protect Dry Shampoo, 2-Pack. This dry shampoo's formula is free of parabens, sulfates and dyes and is safe for anyone who is allergic to gluten. It's lightweight and designed to absorb excess oils so that you're left with a clean and fresh look, even when you don't have time to shower.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Hair Food Hair Food Color Protect Dry Shampoo, 2-Pack placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Hair Food Color Protect Dry Shampoo is inspired by fresh, energy packed ingredients known for their vitalizing power. Pamper yourself with our unique sulfate-free Hair Food Color Protect Dry Shampoo Infused with White Nectarine and Pear Fragrance. The lightweight hair refresher recipe absorbs excess oils and transforms oily hair into fresh hair. Invigorating refresher that leaves hair looking and feeling clean
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Color Protect Dry Shampoos
Experts agree that washing your hair with water and shampoo too frequently can cause hair to dry out. Dry shampoos are a great alternative for the days in between your washings. Additionally, dry shampoos provide a way to clean hair when it isn’t possible to shower, such as during a camping trip or a hospital stay. If your hair is color-treated, you’ll need to look for a color protect dry shampoo.
When shopping for a color protect dry shampoo, you’ll want to make sure the formula is free of certain ingredients that are known to cause dryness and irritation. These harsh ingredients include sulfates, parabens and artificial fragrances. The ColorProof FreshStart Soft Dry Shampoo, 5.1-Ounce goes a step further with its vegan formula that is also certified by PETA to be cruelty-free.
Next, you need to examine the color protect dry shampoo for ingredients that will preserve your color. For example, the Goldwell Kerasilk Color Dry Shampoo, 4.2-Ounce contains keratin and tamanu to keep your hair color vibrant and attractive. It also preserves color depth, which you may not find in other brands.
If you’re searching for a color protect dry shampoo that does more than just cleanse and volumize hair, go with a formula that adds back essential nutrients. The Osensia Argan Oil Dry Shampoo, 7-Ounce offers this extra benefit. It’s made with Moroccan argan oil, which is loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to keep your hair healthy and looking its best.
While most color-protect dry shampoos do a great job of absorbing excess oils, they aren’t all formulated to get rid of unpleasant odors. If your hair smells a bit after working out at the gym or spending time in the great outdoors, you’ll want to consider a product like the Hair Food Color Protect Dry Shampoo, 2-Pack. This dry shampoo absorbs old odors and replaces them with the sweet smell of white nectarine and pear. If a fruit fragrance isn’t what you’re looking for, there are other dry shampoos on the market that use floral notes instead.
The Color Protect Dry Shampoo Buying Guide
- Don’t attempt to use your color protect dry shampoo on damp or wet hair. The ingredients are designed to work on dry hair only.
- When applying the dry shampoo, you’ll want to hold the can about 6 inches away from your hair. Begin spraying at the roots and work your way down to the tips. You can either massage the spray through your hair with your fingers or use a brush to work the shampoo in.
- The ingredients within the aerosol dry shampoo are flammable. Never smoke near the container and keep it away from temperatures of 120 degrees Fahrenheit and above. It’s best to store the shampoo in a cool dry location that is out of the reach of small children.
- The contents of your dry shampoo may be harmful if inhaled or ingested. It is best to always follow the directions on the product label to ensure you are using it safely.
- Keep an eye out for companies that offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Some will even provide a refund upon request without any questions asked, which means you won’t have to jump through hoops to get your money back if the product arrives damaged or doesn’t perform as promised.
- Color-protect dry shampoo is sometimes sold in multi-packs. The product is also available in different sizes, which means you’ll need to determine how much you’re paying per ounce before you can compare prices. The Hair Food Color Protect Dry Shampoo, 2-Pack and the Osensia Argan Oil Dry Shampoo, 7-Ounce are among the most affordable dry shampoos on the market. You’ll pay a little more for the Goldwell Kerasilk Color Dry Shampoo, 4.2-Ounce. The ColorProof FreshStart Soft Dry Shampoo, 5.1-Ounce commands the highest price among the bunch.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide