H2oFloss Professional Countertop Water Flosser
Last updated date: February 3, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Water Flossers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Water Flosser you should buy.
Perhaps the best feature of the H2oFloss Professional Countertop Water Flosser is how quiet it runs. A close second is the oversized water tank that allows you to floss for several minutes without losing pressure. Users will also appreciate the smart tip storage with cover that protects tips from exposure to dust and germs — we certainly did during our testing. In our analysis of 64 expert reviews, the H2oFloss H2oFloss Professional Countertop Water Flosser placed 2nd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 1, 2019:
Checkout The Best Water Flosser for a detailed review of all the top water flossers .
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Upgraded version---- HF-9 whisper is newest upgraded version of model HF-8 and the major change is the noise much lower than previous model. Note: this h2ofloss water floss is much quieter than most brands in market but there still exists noise. 6 pressure settings with “pause” position on handle----Pressure range from 5-110 PSI. Choose your favorite pressure setting and customize your teeth cleaning experience. You will immediately realize flossing becomes easy and enjoyable. 1200 pulses/minute Frequency----The most comfortable frequency according to survey. The dental flosser comes with overheat protection function, it will automatically stop working when overheated, but can be restarted after 2 hours. Suitable for whole family --- It’s a perfect oral irrigator system for anyone with braces, implants, crowns, or periodontal pockets. Including 12 multifunctional tips-4* jet tips, 2*tongue cleaning tips, 2*orthodontic tips,2*periodontal tips,2*nasal tips Buy with confidence: H2ofloss provide 24 month warranty to ensure you make decision with ease and confidence. Note: Compatible with 110VAC/60Hz outlets, for use in North America only.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Water Flossers
Water flossers have many different names, including oral irrigators, dental water toothpicks and and Waterpiks, which is actually the brand name for one of the more well-known water flossers. No matter what you call them, these handy devices work well in conjunction with daily tooth brushing to clean between teeth and around the gums.
When shopping for water flossers, there are a few things you’ll want to consider before making a purchase. Start off examining the oral irrigator’s pressure settings. There may be a time when you need soft, medium or hard pressure. With 10 pressure settings that begin at 10 PSI and end at 100 PSI, the Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser is sure to give you the clean you’re looking for.
Next, check the number of tips and their designed function to make sure they meet your needs. The H2oFloss Professional Countertop Water Flosser has 12 multifunctional tips that can be used by everyone in the family. There are four jet tips, two tongue cleaning tips, two orthodontic tips, two periodontal tips and two nasal tips.
Determine whether you need your flosser to be stationary or portable. If you do a lot of traveling, for example, you’ll want to choose a model like the Nicefeel Cordless Water Flosser Teeth Cleaner, as the cordless feature, smaller design and the accompanying storage bag make it easy to grab and go.
Review the capacity of the water reservoir to determine how often you need to refill it. The MOSPRO IPX7 Professional Cordless Water Flosser has an extra-large reservoir when it comes to portable units with a tank that can hold 300 ml. Stationary units will hold more.
Look for any extra bells and whistles that might make the oral irrigator easier to use. Some models have built-in timers, so you know exactly how long you’ve spent flossing. Others have a memory function that keeps the device on the last pressure setting you used.
DYWM Fun Fact
Water flossers are an excellent alternative to traditional string floss, as many studies have revealed that they actually have significant positive results when it comes to your oral health. Not only are water flossers 51% more effective at reducing gingivitis than string floss, but they are also twice as powerful at reducing gingival bleeding. They do a better job at removing plaque as well.
You may be wondering how water flossers came about. It was actually a dentist in Colorado, along with his patient who happened to work as a hydraulic engineer at the time, who created the first water flosser. The water flosser was then marketed to other dental practices in 1962. Today, we can find them in department stores, pharmacies and online stores, like Amazon.
The Water Flosser Buying Guide
- Always check the water flosser’s product label for the American Dental Association seal of approval. This seal lets you know the product has been thoroughly tested and meets the strict requirements set forth by the organization.
- Look to see if the oral irrigator has a product warranty and how long that warranty is good for. Warranties vary greatly among flossers and can be anywhere from 12 months to 3 years. You don’t want to risk the product breaking down after just 3 months of use and having no way to recoup your money.
- Determine if the outlets are compatible with your area of residence. Some flossers are only compatible with 110VAC/60Hz outlets, which are what you’ll find throughout North America, while others use USB ports for charging.
- Keeping your water flosser clean is important. Read the product label to see if any of the flosser’s parts are dishwasher safe. Some may require you to run 2 tablespoons of white vinegar mixed with 16 ounces of water through the system. Afterward, run warm water through the system to rinse out the vinegar. You can also soak the flosser’s handle for 5 to 7 minutes in a cup that is filled with 1/3 white vinegar and 2/3 water. You should do this once a month.
- When comparing prices for water flossers, you need to take into consideration the type of oral irrigator. For example, the Nicefeel Cordless Water Flosser Teeth Cleaner and the MOSPRO IPX7 Professional Cordless Water Flosser are designed for travel, so their cost is going to be different than the Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser and the H2oFloss Professional Countertop Water Flosser, which are made to rest on your bathroom sink. You’ll also want to consider how many tips you get and how many pressure settings the unit comes with. More features equal a higher price.