H.VERSAILTEX UV Protecting Woven Curtains
Last updated date: January 26, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Curtains and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Curtain you should buy.
Update as January 24, 2022:
Checkout The Best Curtains for a detailed review of all the top curtains.
Manage your energy bill with these thermal curtains, which keep out cold and hot air from your room. They also block out 85 percent of sunlight and UV rays. These curtains are classy and sophisticated.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the H.VERSAILTEX UV Protecting Woven Curtains placed 3rd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
STANDARD SIZE: Sold per single panel in package, panel measures 52 inches wide by 84 inches long, each faux linen curtain panel has 8 gorgeous copper metal grommets, inner rim of grommet is 1 5/8 inch which fit the rod up to 1 1/2 inch, slides smoothly back and forth. LIGHT BLOCKING: This elegant window panel is crafted from rich faux linen textured fabric, inner woven construction features natural blackout effect, definitely block out 85% or more sun light and prevent harmful UV ray, this opaque piece totally darken your room, reduce the noise and gives you 100% privacy. ENERGY EFFICIENT: This magic window covering is perfect on thermal insulated, energy saving and balance the temperature. Efficiently prevents cold or heat transfer from outside, blocks drafts in cold months and keeps warm air out in the summer. Great for letting you sleep sweetly on weekend mornings and vacation days. UNIQUE DECOR: Add a touch of classic style to your home with this natural solid-hued linen curtain panel, then arrange a clean-lined writing desk and tufted armchair nearby for a cohesive aesthetic, refresh and brighten your space, adorn well for your home, office, apartment, business, and more. HASSLE FREE: 8 year quality warranty and 30 days money back guarantee on return policy. Machine washable for easy care and maintenance, use only non-chlorine bleach when needed, tumble dry low and warm iron as needed.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Curtains
Not everyone sleeps when it’s dark outside. Some people prefer to go to bed late and sleep until noon or later, while others like to take midday naps. Then there are the 2 million Americans who work the night shift. Unfortunately, catching some daytime shuteye can be challenging unless you live in a windowless home.
Room-darkening shades can be exactly what a daytime sleeper needs. There is a variety of options, from pull-down shades to blinds. Curtains, though, can go over your existing blinds, allowing you to draw them back when you want a little light in the room, then drop them when you’re ready for complete darkness.
Another great thing about room-darkening curtains is that they go beyond merely blocking light. Many are built with insulating properties, keeping both sound and temperature out. That can not only help you get that daytime sleep, but also cut down on your utility bills.
Most curtains come in panels, often with at least two per set. You can buy one-panel sets, though, so make sure you check how many are included when you buy. If you have a narrower window, one panel may do the trick, but having two lets you tie them back to either side when you don’t want to darken the room.
Speaking of tying your curtains back, you should also make sure your curtain comes with a way to pin them back. Some ties have Velcro that let you secure them back, and those ties will match the curtain you’re buying. It’s tough to exactly match the cloth, so you’ll likely want to have those when you make the purchase.
The length of the curtain also comes into play. Measure both the width and length of your window but prioritize length. If you want a curtain that stops at the bottom ledge of your window, you’ll need to find one that comes in that length. Luckily, many curtains come in a variety of size options.
The Curtain Buying Guide
- Most room-darkening curtains will advertise a range of the percentage of light they’ll block, depending on the color you choose. Darker colors block out more light, so if daytime sleep is your top priority, opt for a darker color even if it doesn’t match your décor.
- Room-darkening curtains come in various materials. Some are soft and silky, and that can make a difference in how they look. You’ll also find some room-darkening curtains with a weave pattern that provide the insulation you need without the curtain requiring a liner.
- Occasionally, you’ll want to clean your curtains, so having a set that’s machine washable can be extremely useful. Just toss them in the washer on cold. You may want to hang them to dry. Your shower curtain rod can be a great place for drying out your curtains.
- Sleep isn’t the only reason to invest in room-darkening curtains. They also come in handy for media rooms. Simply close the curtains and you have the dark room you need to watch a movie during the daytime.
- A great side benefit of room-darkening curtains is that they keep UV light from entering the room. This will protect your furniture and other belongings from the sun’s harmful rays, which can fade fabrics and textiles over time.
- If you have curtains you already like in your room, you can buy blackout liners that you combine with your existing curtains to get the darkening effect you want. You’ll either hang a second rod for the liner or you’ll put them on the rod with your existing curtains.
- The pocket for the rod is important in a blackout curtain, as well. Most should be built to fit standard curtain rods but look for at least a 3-inch pocket. If you have a larger rod, you may need to shop around to find one that fits.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide