H HUKOER Waterproof & Fireproof Safe
Last updated date: May 27, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fireproof Safes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fireproof Safe you should buy.
Update as May 27, 2021:
Checkout The Best Fireproof Safe for a detailed review of all the top fireproof safes.
In addition to offering protection during a fire, this fireproof safe is also waterproof for protection in the event a pipe bursts or you experience flooding from a storm. The unit features 20-millimeter thick solid steel walls and a triple solid lock core. The safe can be used to store everything from cash to guns to heirloom jewelry.
In our analysis of 31 expert reviews, the H HUKOER Waterproof & Fireproof Safe placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
TRIPLE LOCK CORE: Triple solid lock core, composed of 20mm thick solid steel and thickened front door, it is not easy to open after being locked, which is more secure. PASSWORD SETTING METHOD: There is a red button inside the door panel of the password box, press the inner red button, and then enter the six-digit password on the keyboard, ending with the # key. At this time, the indicator light will flash, indicating that the setting is successful. The way to reset the password is the same. FIREPROOF AND WATERPROOF: Our box is made of high-quality metal materials, fireproof and waterproof, and can save important photos, documents or other valuables. 0.8cub capacityis convenient for storing small items, which can meet any of your daily storage needs, And it’s small and easy to hide. TWO UNLOCKING METHODS: You can use the password key to unlock. When the box is closed, you can use the hidden key to open the master key, so you don't have to worry about running out of power. Numeric keyboard with 3 indicator lights (green, red, yellow), When the battery power is low, the red indicator light will light up to remind you to replace the battery, so there is no need to worry about the problem of dead battery. (Battery not included in package). EASY TO INSTALL: The safe box comes with 4 mounting bolts so it can be fixed to the floor, shelf or wall (when supported underneath). Mounting the security safe can double the safety of your valuables. Classic black is matched with all kind of home or office environment. 90 DAYS WARRANTY: A box that guarantees security, and the 90 Days return and exchange service we provide, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact our online mail.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fireproof Safes
There are more than 350,000 home structure fires each year in the U.S., on average, with an estimated $6.5 billion in direct property damage. Furniture and appliances can be replaced, as can your house. But what about the documents, photos and other priceless valuables inside? If your entire house burned down today, what would you wish you had saved?
A fireproof safe can house those valuables, protecting them if the worst happens. Hard-to-replace items like marriage and birth certificates, family photos and passports can rest comfortably inside, resisting the smoke and fire that surround it. Many fireproof safes also build in waterproofing, which keeps your document safe if water is used during the extinguishing process. It may have the added bonus of protecting your items if your home floods due to an appliance leak or natural disaster.
Not all fireproof safes are equal, though. You’ll need to check the rating of any safe you’re considering to make sure it will keep your documents unharmed. A safe that can withstand a full hour of temperatures up to 1700 degrees Fahrenheit is rated higher than a safe that can only withstand 20 minutes at 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. However, in many instances, water damage may be more of a concern than fire damage. So you should also factor in how long your safe can withstand water, and up to what depth.
Chances are, your safe will never have to hold up against water or fire damage. You will, however, enjoy the benefits of your items being secure in a safe. If someone breaks into your home, or you have an untrustworthy visitor, your valuables will be protected with the right choice. You can choose between a digital keypad, a dial combination or a key, with each option having its own benefits. A digital keypad will require a battery, while a dial combination isn’t quite as easy to operate. A key is something you’ll have to store in a place that can’t be easily found by an intruder.
Whatever option you choose, make sure you have a backup in case your first way in fails. If you forget the combination or the battery in your keypad dies, do you have a backup key? For safes that open only by key, you’ll need a copy in a safe place in case you lose the first one. Some safes also have a locking mechanism that lets you secure the safe if you want even the people who have the combination to not be able to get in.
The Fireproof Safe Buying Guide
- Before you buy a fire-resistant safe, it’s essential to first determine whether it will, in fact, hold up during a fire. The basic requirement to qualify as a fire-resistant safe is 20 minutes at 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. But obviously, the longer the resistance and the higher the temperature, the better. The SentrySafe Fireproof Safe promises fireproofing for one hour at 1700 degrees Fahrenheit. With other models, you’ll get 20 minutes of resistance at 1200 degrees.
- The Honeywell Steel Security Safe Box With Key Lock is a safe box, not a fireproof safe. However, it does feature fire-resistant features that can help. It isn’t UL rated for fire, though, primarily because a small box isn’t capable of surviving a fire like a large safe. But it is built with a layer of fire-resistant insulation in between the double walls. This gives it more fire protection than basic security boxes, likely surviving a fire as long as 20 minutes without damage to internal contents.
- Flame and smoke damage aren’t the only concerns you’ll have after a home fire. The process of extinguishing the fire itself can damage your belongings due to the chemicals used in the process. Although the items in the safe may be protected from dry, powdery types of extinguishing agents, liquid and water can seep into safes that aren’t protected against it, and those substances can easily damage the items inside.
- The SentrySafe Fireproof Safe also has waterproof features, with the ability to remain watertight for 24 hours in up to 8 inches of water. However, the insulation inside the safe on this one can build up condensation inside. This safe is also made to optionally be bolted to the floor. Unfortunately, doing that can affect the waterproofing features of this safe.
- If you’re serious about protecting your documents, it’s important to look at build. Some models have a 14-gauge steel body and 0.75-inch bolts to keep things secure, but their doors don’t always shut tight enough. The SentrySafe Fireproof Safe features a heavy-duty solid steel exterior. But the plastic components on the non-protective parts of the safe don’t feel as sturdy as others.
- The Honeywell Steel Security Safe Box With Key Lock is extra sturdy for a small security box. Not only does it feature double steel wall construction with fire-resistant insulation, but it also has a padded bottom to protect your items.
- Once you’ve worked out fire and water-resistance levels, you’ll also want to make sure your safe actually secures your items. Look for a unit that uses an electronic keypad, as well as an emergency key if you ever forget your code. Keep in mind that if there’s no battery indicator on the keypad, the battery could easily run out and you wouldn’t know it. That makes it doubly important to keep your backup key where you can find it.
- The SentrySafe Fireproof Safe lets you pick the locking option you want. You can choose a dial combination or a digital keypad. There is also a secondary locking key, letting you disable the primary lock, This prevents even those who know the combination from opening it. There is no emergency key with this model, and the locking mechanism can fail with months or years of neglect, so you may want to open it occasionally to keep things working.
- Honeywell Steel Security Safe Box With Key Lock also only offers a keyed lock option.
- Fireproof and fire-resistant safes can vary in price, but you’ll also find that the cost matches the protection they provide.
- One important consideration is size. The largest is the SentrySafe Fireproof Safe, which offers sizes as large as 2.05 cubic feet. The Honeywell Steel Security Safe Box With Key Lock is only 0.17 cubic feet in size, which means letter-size documents will need to be folded to fit inside.
- In addition to interior size, it’s important to look at any shelving. The SentrySafe Fireproof Safe has an adjustable shelf that makes it easy to customize your storage to what you need.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide