GUM 888JC Advanced Care Tooth Floss Picks
Last updated date: December 11, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tooth Floss Picks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tooth Floss Pick you should buy.
Editor's Note January 15, 2021:
Checkout The Best Tooth Floss Picks for a detailed review of all the top tooth floss picks.
In our analysis of 7 expert reviews, the GUM GUM 888JC Advanced Care Tooth Floss Picks placed 5th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
FIGHT PLAQUE WITH FLOSSERS: This redesigned advanced care flosser is ideal for on-the-go teeth cleaning & removing plaque not reached by tooth brushing alone. A molded F-shaped handle provides support & control to clean between hard-to-reach back teeth. EASY TO USE: The specially engineered floss is shred-resistant & gentle to gums, coated with vitamin E & fluoride. A satin-like finish provides nonstick lubrication for easy sliding through even the tightest contacts, removing plaque & food particles. RECOMMENDED BY DENTAL HYGIENISTS: Our Between Teeth Cleaning products make it easy to clean hard-to-reach areas where plaque buildup can lead to inflammation, bleeding & gingivitis. You can reach the goal of between-teeth cleaning at least once per day! BETWEEN TEETH CLEANING: Many problems start between teeth where your toothbrush can't reach. We've created quality products to make food & plaque removal effortless, including flossers, dental picks, interdental brushes, tongue cleaners & stimulators. THE GUM MISSION: We are committed to helping people of all ages have stronger, healthier teeth and gums by providing high quality, innovative oral care products that promote optimal dental health.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Tooth Floss Picks
Tooth floss pickers have the same goal as dental floss: to get food particles and plaque away from teeth and gums. The pickers have a small piece of floss suspended on their curved end, and they can also have a toothpick and tongue cleaner on the other side or on the bottom.
Some experts like pickers because they are easier to work with than long pieces of dental floss. The handle can also make it easier to floss teeth in the back of the mouth. However, since the floss is smaller, it has to be used more than once and could redistribute bacteria.
These pickers are less awkward to use than floss, though, and are easier to use when on-the-go. People also like them because they can be multi-functional when they have both toothpicks and tongue cleaners as part of the package.
The Tooth Floss Pick Buying Guide
- When shopping for tooth floss picks, check to see if the product is American Dental Association (ADA) – approved; you will see the seal on its packaging.
- Like regular dental floss, these picks come in waxed, non-waxed and flavored varieties. Choose whichever will encourage you to use them more often.
- If your teeth are crowded (close together), opt for waxed, thinner string floss. The wider floss may not work as well for you.
- Some people shy away from tooth floss picks because they are single-use products that have more impact on the environment. Some do come with refillable heads, so that is an option. There are also some eco-friendly options out there.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide