Grande Cosmetics Thickener & Lengthener Pre-Mascara Primer
Last updated date: August 4, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pre-Mascara Primers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pre-Mascara Primer you should buy.
Update as August 4, 2022:
Checkout The Best Pre-Mascara Primer for a detailed review of all the top pre-mascara primers.
Grande Cosmetics' 0.1-ounce pre-mascara primer thickens and lengthens lashes with natural waxes, peptides and no-flake mini-fibers. It is paraben-free, cruelty-free and ophthalmologist-tested.
In our analysis, the Grande Cosmetics Grande Cosmetics Thickener & Lengthener Pre-Mascara Primer placed 4th when we looked at the top 4 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The missing step in your lash routine that you never knew you needed: a white pre-mascara lengthener and thickener infused with no-flake minifibers & peptides to help boost your mascara’s wear. Smudge-proof, water resistant, peptide infused formula. For a full list of benefits, see details below. Coat applicator and apply as you would mascara. Goes on white. Immediately apply mascara.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pre-Mascara Primers
You use foundation primer on your face and eyeshadow primer on your lids, so why not use a base coat of product under your mascara? Pre-mascara primers come in tubes that look like regular mascaras, but the product inside is either clear, white or white with a subtle tint. That gets covered up by the mascara, though, so you won’t see the lighter color.
These primers create moisturizing shields around each lash and contain oils, waxes and other smoothing ingredients that make mascara cling better. They prep the lashes for what is to come, giving them more volume, definition and sometimes curl. Some also contain nourishing ingredients like oils, waxes and collagen that keep eyelashes healthy and moisturized. If you want even more volume, shop for ones that contain mini fibers.
Like mascaras, these primers come with different kinds of applicator brushes. Some products offer a primer on one side and mascara on the opposite for added convenience. Primers are usually less expensive than mascara, and you only need to put on one coat. Follow that up with one or more coats of your regular mascara.
To apply a pre-mascara primer, curl your eyelashes first. Apply one thin layer of primer from the roots down to the tips of your lashes and allow to dry for 30 seconds. Then, you can put on your favorite mascara. It only takes about a minute or two to put on the primer, which adds almost no time to your daily routine.
The Pre-Mascara Primer Buying Guide
- To ensure even coverage, apply the pre-mascara primer in a zig-zag motion or wiggle it as you brush it through your lashes.
- You can stick with the same eyelash primer and mascara brands, but you don’t have to.
- Pre-mascara primers also help to prevent clumping.
- Even when makeup is dermatologist-tested and cruelty-free, it can still cause allergic reactions. If your eyes get red, burn or sting, stop using the product and contact the manufacturer.
- Misusing eye makeup can also cause problems. Don’t apply it in a moving vehicle, and never let anyone else share it. Avoid using makeup products if you have an eye infection.
- Some people moisten dried-out mascara and primer with saliva, but this is also a bad idea. Discard old eye makeup after three months, and replace it with new products.
- Keep your eye makeup clean; dirt and oil can lead to eye infections.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide