Grand Theft Auto 5
Last updated date: August 9, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Cool Games and dug through the reviews from 19 of the most popular review sites including Lifewire, Games Radar, Engadget, God Is A Geek, Push Square, Game Informer, Tech Spot, Game Rant, Game Revolution, Kotaku, CGM, Impulse Gamer, Game Axis, Gamepur, PS4 Home, Slant Magazine, Hardcore Gamer, Thunderbolt Games, Mandatory and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cool Game you should buy.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Experience Rockstar Games' critically acclaimed open world game, Grand Theft Auto V. When a young street hustler, a retired bank robber and a terrifying psychopath find themselves entangled with some of the most frightening and deranged elements of the criminal underworld, the U.S. government and the entertainment industry, they must pull off a series of dangerous heists to survive in a ruthless city in which they can trust nobody, least of all each other. Explore the stunning world of Los Santos and Blaine County in the ultimate Grand Theft Auto V experience, featuring a range of technical upgrades and enhancements for new and returning players. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including: New weapons, vehicles and activities. Additional wildlife. Denser traffic. New foliage system. Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more. Grand Theft Auto V also comes with Grand Theft Auto Online, the dynamic and ever-evolving Grand Theft Auto universe with online play for up to 30 players, including all existing gameplay upgrades and content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online. Rise through the ranks to become a CEO of a criminal empire by trading contraband or form a motorcycle club and rule the streets; pull off complex co-operative Heists or enter radical, adrenaline-fueled Stunt Races; compete in unique Adversary modes; or create your own content to play and share with the Grand Theft Auto Community. SPECIAL CONTENT FOR RETURNING PLAYERS Players returning from the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions get special access to a host of content on PS4 including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more. Special access content requires Rockstar Games Social Club account. Visit rockstargames.com/v/bonuscontent for details.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cool Games
Gamers are familiar with all the games on the market. But the same games can get old after a while. Whether you’re looking to ramp up your library or you’re a newer gamer, the good news is that there always seems to be something new on the horizon. In many cases, though, that simply means the latest revamp of an old favorite.
The first thing to look at when you’re shopping for new games is the type of console you have. While many games feature versions for each of the most popular console types, you will find some games that feature cross-platform play functionalities. This means that you can play other people, including your friends, who aren’t on the same gaming console you are. If this is important, look for a game that promises that.
When it comes down to it, you’ll choose a game that features the premise that most appeals to you. You may like role-playing games, where you inhabit a character and take on challenges. Then there are sporting games that have you competing with others to reach a particular goal. Games like “Minecraft” are more about creating things, which is a different type of challenge. Whatever type of game you prefer, you can easily find plenty to choose from, no matter which gaming console you own.
Graphics are also important, particularly if you plan to play on a larger screen. Some games put an emphasis on fancy, vivid graphics, while others stick to a more simplistic design. While many games on the market today will satisfy that craving, some are known for slick, detailed graphic design. This not only gives you pleasing visuals while you play, but it can also make you feel more immersed in the experience.
One small factor you may want to consider is the soundtrack that comes with the game you choose. With some games, you get an audio experience that adds to the fun, including a high-quality selection of music. In a game where you’re spending considerable time on a task, like swinging around a city on a spider web, an entertaining soundtrack can make a big difference.
DYWM Fun Fact
The new “Spider-Man” game dates back to 2016, when Marvel announced that Sony and Insomniac Games would be partnering for future “Spider-Man” games. The move signaled a change for Marvel, which had previously tied “Spider-Man” game releases to film releases. Insomniac’s version of the comic book hero was a huge success, having sold 13.2 million copies by July 2019. Sony later bought Insomniac, ending the gaming developer’s 25-year-plus run as an independent. The best news for “Spider-Man” fans out of all of this is that with Sony now owning Insomniac, sequels to the hit game are even more inevitable than they were before. However, it also pretty much guarantees that “Spider-Man” will remain exclusive to Sony PlayStation consoles.
The Cool Game Buying Guide
- A game’s premise is a large part of what makes it fun. If you’re into sports games, XBOX ONE’s “Rocket League” may be worth checking out. With “Rocket League,” two teams race around arenas with the goal of getting an oversized ball into a goal. Get enough boosts and your car can practically leave the ground.
- If you’ve been gaming for a while, you’re probably already familiar with “Minecraft.” PS4’s “Minecraft” continues the popular game by giving you more worlds than ever to explore. “Minecraft” has players breaking blocks, digging and building the world they want. It’s a far more sophisticated version of Legos.
- Role-playing games are especially popular with gamers, and PS4’s “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey” is one of the best. When you play “Assasin’s Creed Odyssey,” you’re a sellsword in war-torn Greece, where Athens and Sparta are at war. One issue with this game is that you may feel it gets a little repetitive over time, especially if you spend a great deal of time each week playing. It has two different gameplay modes to help keep things interesting, and choice is one of the best things about “Assasin’s Creed Odyssey.” You’ll either choose guided or exploration mode from the start, and you’ll be assigned one of two characters, Alexios or Kassandra.
- You’re probably already familiar with “Spider-Man,” whether through the games, movies or comic books. PS4’s “Marvel’s Spider-Man” brings an original plot with all-new adventures to keep things fresh. But one of the most enjoyable parts of this game is swinging around New York City. You’ll probably find that you’re spending more time swinging than playing, at least initially.
- Today’s gamers put a lot of weight on how well-designed a game is. This is especially true if you’re trying to make the most of your big-screen TV. If graphics are your priority, PS4’s “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey” or PS4’s “Marvel’s Spider-Man” might be the best way to go.
- PS4’s “Minecraft” continues its tradition of simple graphics. In newer versions, however, the traditional block format is used to create an atmosphere that includes fun forests, mountains and deserts.
- If you prefer group gameplay, you’ll like the options with XBOX ONE’s “Rocket League.” You can play one-on-one or in teams of four.
- PS4’s “Minecraft” includes an extra called a builder toy. This lets you customize your gameplay, including flying and turning off monster damage. This will be a welcome feature if you eventually tire of playing the same game over and over.
- PS4’s “Marvel’s Spider-Man” is a prime example of how a strong soundtrack can enhance your gaming experience. While you’re enjoying the thrill of swinging around New York City, you’ll get one of the best soundtracks found in gaming.
- Although the music in PS4’s “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey” stands out, the voice acting is what makes this game unique.
- Whether you’re new to gaming or you just need a guide through your game, PS4’s “Minecraft” doesn’t disappoint. Simply launch the tutorial and it will help you get started. This is also great for those parents who want to acquaint themselves with the ins and outs of “Minecraft” before letting their children play.
- PS4’s “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey” also provides ease of use. The controls, menus and interface all make for a great gaming experience.