Gramercy Kitchen Company Taco Holder Stand
Last updated date: May 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Taco Holders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Taco Holder you should buy.
When you purchase the Gramercy Kitchen Company Taco Holder Stand, you not only get a well-made taco holder, you also get a complimentary downloadable recipe guide for inspiration. The stand itself features bamboo handles that not only add a touch of elegance, but also give a sturdy grip when moving the stand from the oven to the plate. Of course, the stand's large compartments are also a plus, as they are able to accommodate plenty of fillings. In our analysis of 36 expert reviews, the Gramercy Kitchen Company Gramercy Kitchen Company Taco Holder Stand placed 6th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Taco Holder for a detailed review of all the top taco holders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
ELEVATE TACO NIGHT: For a weeknight dinner, nothing is as fun, tasty and easy as taco night! And our taco holders are the perfect accessory to keep your taco night beautiful AND mess free. But, most taco holders are plain stainless steel - and kinda look like they belong in a hospital. Because we care deeply about making sure you have kitchen tools that are both useful AND beautiful, we've specially designed our holders with stylish bamboo handles. This simple yet attractive addition adds a ton to the look of our taco holder and elevates your taco night from basic to beautiful. Clean up is a breeze too - they are completely dishwasher safe. *NOTE: not for use in the oven Just tuck your shells into the taco holders where they will hold the shells upright and steady while you add all your delicious fillings. Then - enjoy your delicious creation!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Taco Holders
America loves tacos! In fact, they love tacos so much that half of the population visits a Taco Bell at least once a month. This can get quite expensive, especially if you have a large family. Making tacos from scratch at home is more cost-effective. The only specialty tool you may wish to add to your kitchen collection is a set of taco holders. This handy device keeps tacos in an upright position so that none of the meat or toppings fall out.
Taco stands can be used for more than just tacos. You’ll also find they hold everything from hot dogs to sushi rolls to cannolis. When shopping for a set, keep the following features in mind:
Review the materials used to construct the taco holder. The GINKGO ABS Plastic Taco Holder, 6-Pack is made out of a heavy-duty plastic that is lightweight and lead-free. The only downside to this type of material is that it isn’t heat-safe. That means you can’t use it in a microwave or oven. Food-grade stainless steel models, like the OH Ovation Home Taco Holder (3 Tacos), are more durable and able to be placed in an oven or over a grill. In fact, they can withstand temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Examine the taco stand’s design to ensure it meets your specific needs. The WIDBI Premium Taco Holders, 4-Pack is made of a thicker steel that won’t bend or break. It’s ideal for heavier tortillas, fajitas and flatbread sandwiches. Its edges are also rounded to prevent accidental cuts when you handle the stand.
Check how many taco holder stands you get in each set and how many tacos each stand holds. You’ll find taco holders come in a wide range of combinations. Some sets come in two-packs with four compartments, while others come in three sets with three compartments. You want to make sure the set holds enough tacos for your family.
Look for any extra features or bonus items that the taco holder stand may have to offer. For example, the Trendy Together Wooden Taco Holder With Spoon is made from beautiful acacia wood with a special handle that makes picking up the stand a breeze. The set also comes with a free matching spoon for stirring and scooping your taco meat.
DWYM Fun Fact
Tacos are so tasty that many Americans adopted the tradition of eating them on a Tuesday and calling it Taco Tuesday. While it isn’t exactly known when tacos were first concocted, we do know the first mention of the word taco in Mexico was in 1891 and 1905 in America. Here are a few more interesting facts about the taco:
- Americans eat 4.5 billion tacos each year. That’s enough tacos to make it to the moon and back!
- Two women started the first taco truck back in 1966.
- The largest taco ever made measured 246 feet long.
- National Taco Day takes place on October 4th.
- There’s actually a taco called De Cabeza that is made from shredded cow’s head.
The Taco Holder Buying Guide
- Look for a customer satisfaction guarantee before making your purchase. Most companies are willing to offer this type of guarantee for a limited time, such as 30 days, so that you have time to examine the product and try it out.
- Did you know you can take an old egg carton, turn it upside down and use it to hold your tacos? While this trick is handy in a pinch for holding finished tacos, you won’t be able to place this homemade taco holder in an oven to heat up the shells or it would catch on fire.
- Check the taco stand’s product label to determine whether it’s dishwasher safe or not. Some stands are safe for placement anywhere in the dishwasher, while others can only be washed on the top rack. Of course, there are also models that must be washed by hand, so it’s important to always check the care instructions before cleaning.
- When comparing taco holder prices, you’ll need to take into consideration the material used to make the holders, as well as how many stands are included in each package. The GINKGO ABS Plastic Taco Holder, 6-Pack is on the lower end of the pricing scale because it is made out of a plastic that isn’t safe for ovens or grills. You’ll find the WIDBI Premium Taco Holders, 4-Pack and the OH Ovation Home Taco Holder (3 Tacos) fall in the middle, as they are both made out of a durable stainless steel. On the high end of the price scale is the Trendy Together Wooden Taco Holder With Spoon, which is made of Acacia wood and able to hold up to eight tacos.