Gramercy Kitchen Company Manual Adjustable Mandoline Slicer
Last updated: November 14, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mandoline Slicers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mandoline Slicer you should buy.
Whether you're looking to create waffle fries or tomato slices, this mandoline slicer has you covered. It features an adjustable blade that can be raised or lowered with the turn of a dial. It also folds flat for easy storage in a kitchen drawer.In our analysis of 43 expert reviews, the Gramercy Kitchen Company Manual Adjustable Mandoline Slicer placed 5th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT: Our ADJUSTABLE BLADE DIAL ends fumbling for accessories and storage headaches. No hunting through your junk drawer for your favorite blade! All slicing options are built-in on our device. Slice from paper thin to 9mm thick. Two julienne settings, 4.5mm and 9mm. Also makes WAFFLE FRIES or RUFFLED CHIPS. NO TOUCHING BLADE to change it out. Our cutter makes quick, healthy veggie based meals, potato chips or french fries. Unit folds flat for easy storage in a drawer. WHILE OTHER MANDOLINE SLICERS CAN BE DANGEROUS AND EVEN SLICE YOUR FINGERS, ours is the ONLY mandoline that comes with what you need for safely slicing veggies. No need to touch the blades – EVER. Ours is the only slicer that comes with what YOU NEED FOR SAFELY SLICING your veggies. Cut-resistant SAFETY GLOVES. A BLADE GUARD for storage. A FOOD HOLDER for slicing. A specially-designed BRUSH for cleaning. NO WORRIES about your fingers – cut veggies safely and easily. Our ADJUSTABLE BLADE dial ends fumbling for accessories and storage headaches. No hunting through your kitchen junk drawer for your favorite blade! All slicing options are built-in on our device. Slice from paper thin to 9mm thick. Two julienne settings – 4.5mm and 9mm. Also makes WAFFLE FRIES or RUFFLED POTATO CHIPS. NO TOUCHING BLADE to change it out. Our cutter makes quick, healthy veggie based meals, potato chips or french fries FAST AND SAFE. Unit folds flat for easy storage in a drawer. CUSTOMER CARE PROMISE: we strive to create complete customer satisfaction, period. Our customers mean more to us than our sales. If you are unhappy with your mandoline food slicer for any reason, we will replace or refund your order. Zero questions asked. WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO: At Gramercy Kitchen, we love to cook. We use our products daily and we only use the best – of quality AND value for the money. We provide the exact same for our customers. BONUSES! With your purchase you will receive a downloadable RECIPE GUIDE to get you started right away. Additionally, we are building a library of some of the best recipes around that you can use your slicer for. Free online access with your purchase. MAKE SURE TO WATCH YOUR INBOX! ALSO, please reach out – we love to help by recommending recipes and answering questions.
Mandoline Slicer Rankings
Upon ordering a delicious and nutritious dish from a quality eatery, you will likely find razor-thin cucumbers, carrots, radishes, apples or other produce topping your exquisite dish. Paper-thin foods definitely come with a “wow” factor, especially for foodies. Impressively cut veggies are sure to make any meal stand out, both in presentation and taste.
Thinly sliced veggies are more likely to maintain their satisfying crunch compared to thick chunks — even if the vegetables are full of water, as zucchinis and cucumbers are. That crunch adds an elevated eating experience that most people only think is possible in fancy restaurants. It turns out, home cooks can get in on the action with ease.
The secret to getting such thin slices is a basic kitchen gadget that should be in every home cook’s toolkit. This key tool is called a mandoline slicer. Mandoline slicers are essentially vegetable guillotines. They’re countertop kitchen tools that allow you to push vegetables (or other foods, like cheese) across sharp blades to get thinly sliced snacks efficiently.
Two parallel working surfaces, one whose height is adjustable and includes a mounted blade, is the basis of the mandoline slicer. A food item is slid along the adjustable surface until it reaches the blade, which quickly slices it. Slices are always uniform in thickness, which can be essential for perfect presentation and evenly distributed cooking when making things like chips and fried foods.
Using a mandoline slicer to cut your vegetables is much easier than individually chopping them with a chef’s knife, especially when feeding a crowd, and it’s just as safe. Many people avoid mandolines due to fear of injuring themselves on the blades.
Demand for this at-home appliance is continuously growing and safety is a constant priority. In response, most models now come with a hand guard to protect fingers. Some slicers also features non-skid feet so the machine doesn’t move unexpectedly while you are using it.
If you opt for a portable, lightweight option, non-skid feet may not be your priority as they can make the appliance bulky. But safety should always be considered, so make sure whichever model you choose does not wobble or flex while you are using it. This will help ensure you can slice your foods easily without a high risk for accidents.
While the handguards are crucial for safety, they mean more waste. Their protection often limits the amount of the fruit, vegetable or other food items that can be cut. For this reason, you should always expect scraps when cutting with a mandoline slicer that has a handguard. Make sure to keep a scrap bowl, compost bin or trash can nearby for quick cleanup.
Mandoline slicers are often built to accommodate a variety of heights. Whether or not your slicer is adjustable is important to consider if you plan on slicing foods in a variety of ways — think thin sticks, ribbons and chips. When your mandoline slicer has multiple height settings along with adjustable blade widths, you can be assured it is a versatile gadget that will enable you to make a number of different cuts.
Those home cooks who would rather have a simple tool that is consistent and reliable should stick to a simple, easy-to-use slicer. Look for a model that comes with a built-in catch tray to make meal prep free of messes. Catch trays can be crucial time-saving and space-saving additions to vegetable slicers. Consider your available counter space and clutter priorities before selecting your mandoline slicer. Using them to slice a large amount of food can become messy, requiring ample storage space and/or helping hands.
- If you want to slice a variety of foods with your mandoline slicer, it’s important to take durability into consideration. Slicers like the Mueller Austria are strong enough to thinly slice hearty items, such as sweet potatoes. Other models require more gentle handling using more delicate veggies.
- Variety is the spice of life — or is it? Home cooks with minimal storage may need a slicer with one blade type, while those looking to add unique elegance and flair to each dish should opt for a mandoline with multiple. This will allow them to achieve stick-straight, wavy and even julienned cuts.
- Portability is a major concern when choosing kitchen tools. Mandoline slicers are no exception to this, either.
- Vegetables, like cucumbers and onions, are the first thing most cooks use their mandoline slicer for. Beyond those delicious veggies, though, the mandoline slicer can beautifully cut potatoes for scalloped potatoes, beets for chips, zucchini for zoodles and even cabbage to top tacos. Experimentation is always encouraged.
- Make sure to use hand guards if included with your mandoline slicer to protect your hands and fingers from nasty cuts. The sharp blades can often be intimidating for users, but using safety equipment will significantly reduce any possibility of injury.
- While mandoline slicer blades are extremely sharp, they do require maintenance. To keep producing quality, razor-thin slices, you’ll need to sharpen and clean the blades on a regular basis. To get blades sharp as new, use a sharpening knife. Just be sure to wear gloves and take safety precautions when handling the blades.
- If you’re working with children who are aspiring prep chefs, it’s best to avoid the mandoline slicer. Though there are safety measures in place, it is still a dangerously sharp tool that must be used cautiously. Small chefs should keep their focus on mixing ingredients or presentation, allowing parents to monitor the slicing.
- Even with the safety features included on modern mandoline slicers, those who prioritize safety may want to purchase some heavy-duty gloves. You can find cut-resistant gloves in most kitchen or hardware stores. Investing in this extra safety precaution will help you feel at ease when using your powerful slicer.