Gotham Steel Nonstick Easy Cut Edges Sandwich Maker
Last updated date: March 7, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sandwich Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sandwich Maker you should buy.
Update as March 23, 2023:
Checkout The Best Sandwich Maker for a detailed review of all the top sandwich makers.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the Gotham Steel Nonstick Easy Cut Edges Sandwich Maker placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Sandwiches In Minutes: Now you can enjoy top-quality performance with the simple to use, easy to clean Gotham Steel Nonstick Sandwich Maker! Easy To Use: The Gotham Steel sandwich maker is designed for easy use for all ages and makes four perfectly toasted pocket sandwiches in less than 5 minutes, start to finish. Cleanup In Seconds: The ultra-nonstick cooking surface is reinforced with ceramic and titanium to deliver the ultimate food release. No oil or butter needed, makes for healthier eating, and provides for hassle free, 1-2-3 cleanup – simply wipe them clean with a damp cloth once they’ve cooled Indicator Lights: Is it ready yet? No need to ask! The sandwich maker’s indicator lights let know when sandwiches are ready immediately! Cool Touch Locking Handle: The Cool-touch locking handle allows heat to dissapate, prevent the handle from heating up and ensuring safe operation. Perfect Sandwiches Every Time: Toasts the bread and seals with a diagonal indentation for no fuss slicing in half Compact & Portable: Designed for easy portability, the Gotham Steel sandwhich maker features a compact and lightweight design making it the perfect option for dorm rooms and all sized kitchens 1 Year Guarantee: Gotham Steel is built for years of use and backed by a 1 year limited warranty.”
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sandwich Makers
If you enjoy toasted sandwiches, using a sandwich maker is a convenient alternative to cooking them by hand. You can simply prepare a sandwich with bread and your desired fillings, put it in the sandwich maker, close the lid and have your meal ready within around five minutes. This appliance is compact enough to have in your kitchen, dorm or camper, and its versatility makes it possible to create other treats such as pizza pockets, French toast and omelets.
Sandwich makers come in various sizes with different types of plates. It helps to know how many sandwiches you’ll cook, which types you prefer and how much versatility you need. You’ll also want to pay attention to the size of the machine’s plates and the maximum height your sandwiches can be, especially if you like thick bread and many fillings.
Many sandwich makers have special indented plates that make two or four triangular sandwiches. However, others have a long plate that is flat and can accommodate a few full-sized sandwiches or even one long sandwich. The flat plates offer more versatility since you can use them for cooking other types of foods easily. For even more variety, you can consider sandwich makers with swappable plates to make various types of sandwiches and even waffles.
While less common, special-purpose sandwich makers exist for making breakfast sandwiches such as croissants and English muffins. These have multiple plates so you cook an egg separately from the bread, meats and other fillings. The downside of these, though, is they’re not as versatile as traditional makers.
Regardless of which sandwich maker you choose, you’ll see some common features such as non-stick plates, automatic temperature controls and clear indicator lights. The plates are also designed to keep your sandwich from leaking out and causing a mess. In addition, you can expect your sandwich maker to cook both sides of your food evenly so you don’t have the hassle of flipping it over.
The Sandwich Maker Buying Guide
- Unless your sandwich maker is marked otherwise, only use it indoors. You should also stick to using a grounded outlet.
- Before using a sandwich maker, check the plug for any issues. You’ll then want to place the sandwich maker on a stable and heat-safe surface and avoid locations where the maker could get wet or come in contact with something flammable. Plus, make sure that it’s out of the reach of children who could touch it and get burned.
- When you plug in the sandwich maker, you should see a red indicator light that lets you know there’s power. A green indicator light will usually come on to indicate that the maker has warmed up and is ready to cook your sandwich.
- Make sure you properly prepare your sandwich so that it cooks well. This means avoiding overstuffing it and knowing the limitations of your sandwich maker.
- Most sandwich makers don’t require oiling the plates beforehand, but you can still do this if you’re concerned about your sandwich sticking.
- Place your sandwich on the bottom plate of your sandwich maker, press the lid down tightly and apply the latch. Make sure you remove the sandwich once it has finished cooking so that it doesn’t get burned. Some makers will automatically shut off to prevent this.
- Always unplug your sandwich maker and let it cool off before you either clean it or store it for later use.
- Thanks to the non-stick surface most sandwich makers have, cleaning the plates is usually as simple as using a damp cloth. However, you should avoid using chemicals on it since this can cause damage. Some products make things even more convenient and have parts you can remove and safely put in the dishwasher.
- When you’re ready to store your sandwich maker, make sure to lock the lid’s latch. This should give you the option to store it upright in a cabinet if needed.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide