Gosund Mini WiFI Smart Plug Outlet, 4-Pack
Last updated date: July 30, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Smart Plugs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Smart Plug you should buy.
The Gosund Smart Plug comes in a pack of four to get you started, but you can add up to 50 and manage them through the app. You can control it with the voice control devices you already have, such as Alexa and Google Assistant. The compact design means you won't block the other outlet when you're using it. In our analysis of 124 expert reviews, the Gosund Gosund Mini WiFI Smart Plug Outlet, 4-Pack placed 9th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Smart Plug for a detailed review of all the top smart plugs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Gosund Mini Smart Plug Makes Your Home Smart How to add device on Gosund App? Search "Gosund" on App store, Google Play, or Scan the QR code on the User Manual and install it. The free app “Gosund” is compatible with mobile devices IOS 8.0 above, Android 4.4 above. Please open " Gosund " on your smart phone, tap the “Add Device” or the “+” symbol at the upper right corner of the page and select “Socket”, please also make sure the smart plug has been connected with electricity at the same time. 1. The indicator of the Gosund smart plug should rapidly blink during connection with electricity, that means you can click “Confirm indicator rapidly blink” directly. 2. Choose your home Wi-Fi (make sure the Wi-Fi you choose is same as the Wi-Fi your phone connected and it’s 2.4Ghz instead of 5.0Ghz) and enter correct password and confirm. Waiting for configuring successfully, the tap “Done”. Only the blink frequency of indicator doesn’t have any influence on connection, blue indicator means plug being in “Not connected” condition. Red indicator means plug being in “connection succeeded” condition. 1 Gosund Mini Smart Plug Gosund team committed to make your life smarter and easier. #Must Have. 1 What's in Box: >Gosund Mini Socket * 4, User Manual * 1 Technical Specifications >Working Temp: -10 ~ 60 ℃ >Wi-Fi Requirement: 2.4Ghz Only >Rated Voltage: 125V >Rated Current: 10A Max >AC Frequency: 2.4 Ghz >Max power: 1200W Note: 1. The maximum power changed as local voltage. 2. Support smart phone IOS 8.0 above, Adroid 4.4 above. 3. The smart plug can only support 2.4G network when connecting. Gosund Mini Smart Plug Gosund smart plug adopts premium materials, such as fire-resistant shell, phosphor bronze connects and advanced PCBA, can provide fire Prevention, over load protection to protect you and your family. Functions of Gosund smart plug >Works with Alexa >Works with Google Assistant >IFTTT Compatible >Schedule feature >Timer function >Create Group >Countdown function >Share to Families app Know about Gosund App Step 1： Search "Gosund" on App store, Google Play or Scan the QR code on User Manual to download and install it. Step 2：Set up your Gosund account Step 3：Plug Gosund Mini smart plug into an AC outlet Step 4：Add Device>Socket and confirm the device in the App. Step 5：Connect the plug to your local Wi-Fi with your phone connecting to it. Step 6：Schedule your appliances. Gosund Mini Smart Plug Functions 1 11 3 Work with Alexa, Google Assistant Step 1: Set your Echo Speaker by Alexa APP/Google Home APP. Step 2: Enable a Skill which is "Gosund" in Alexa APP/Google Home App. Step 3: Link your Gosund account to skill. Step 4: Discover the smart plug and control your device with voice. Note: Set up Gosund before setting up Alexa/Google Home. Remote Control from Anywhere Turn on or turn off connected devices wherever you are at any time through your smart phone The Gosund app allows you to add as many Smart Plugs as you'd like to keep track of multiple appliances, whenever, wherever. Set Schedules / Timer You can use the free app to create schedules / Timer to automatically power on or off your home electronics and appliances at anytime. Scheduling allows you to prevent power-hungry devices from being left on longer than needed.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Smart Plugs
Creating a smart home has never been easier. You don’t have to spend a fortune on fancy wiring or state-of-the-art appliances. For a low cost, you can purchase a small plug that will convert any electric-powered item in your home into a smart device. That means you can plug in lamps, toasters, holiday lights and much more and control those items using an app or your voice.
But before you buy a smart plug, there are a few things to consider. The first is the devices you already have. If you own an Amazon smart speaker like an Alexa or Echo Dot, an Amazon smart plug is well worth considering since you’ll simply be able to plug it into the wall and wait for it to connect. Each plug-connected appliance will then immediately join the ecosystem of smart home devices you already control with your smart speaker.
Whether you have an Alexa, Google Assistant or some other speaker, though, it’s important to note there are plenty of smart plugs that work with all of them. Technology has advanced to the point where setup is fairly easy no matter which brand you buy. In fact, Amazon plugs are limited to Amazon devices, so you’ll be in a pickle with your voice control if you ever decide to switch to another type of smart speaker.
App control is one of the best things about a smart plug. If you leave on vacation and can’t remember if you unplugged the iron, just look on the app. You can also control your apps remotely or set your lamps and other items to power on and off on a schedule. Look for a smart plug with an easy-to-use app that has all the features you’re most likely to need.
If energy consumption is a concern, shop for a smart plug that offers reporting on your energy use each month. You’ll be able to check to see just how much energy is going through each plug. If you notice one appliance is particularly energy-draining, you can look for ways to reduce power consumption and possibly knock some dollars and cents off your monthly utility bill.
DWYM Fun Fact
There’s no shortage of ways a smart plug can make your life easier. Lamps are probably the first thing you think about, and it can be useful to schedule your lights to come on and off at designated times. It’s also nice to cut all the lights in your home with one voice command. But there are plenty of other inventive ways to use your smart plug, including connecting it to your kettle or coffee maker and scheduling it to come on at a designated time each day. Parents also find smart plugs useful in shutting off kids’ gaming consoles or even attaching the home router to shut everything down at a specific time each day.
The Smart Plug Buying Guide
- One of the biggest concerns with a smart plug is how tough it will be to set up once you have it. Look for a plug that will automatically sync up to your home’s Wi-Fi so that you don’t have to spend hours troubleshooting.
- Once your plug is in place, you’ll need a way to control it. This starts within your own home. If you’re setting up a smart home, you probably want to use voice control to send commands to every connected device. Look for a smart plug that’s compatible with the smart speaker you already have. If you have an Alexa, make sure you choose plugs that will easily sync up to your smart speaker so that you can control connected appliances with your voice.
- You won’t just want to manage your items when you’re home. For that reason, most smart plugs connect to an app that lets you control everything whether you’re in your own living room or on the other side of the country. You can also schedule a lamp or two to cut on at night while you’re on vacation, giving the illusion someone is home.
- Grouping is another valuable feature on some smart plugs. You can give each plug a name to make it easy to turn things on and off using voice control. Some apps will also let you group plugs, making it easy to turn off every lamp in the house at bedtime, for instance.
- Whether you’re new to smart plugs or adding on to your home setup, it’s important to consider any limitations on the app that accompanies them. You’ll likely be limited in how many devices you can add. Even if you’re only grabbing one or two now, think down the line when you may want to hook up more devices.
- Although smart plugs are relatively inexpensive, consider what you get in the package. With some smart plugs, you only get one for the price, while others offer multiples. Even if you can’t think of more than one thing to connect now, once you see how much easier it makes your life, you’ll likely want to add other items in your house.
- One benefit you won’t find with many smart plugs is energy reporting. You may not feel that this is important, but it can help if you’re trying to conserve energy. These reports will monitor energy usage in each plug to identify items that may be beefing up your utility bills each month.
- It’s important to consider size as you’re shopping. Some smart plugs are simply too big to share a two-plug outlet with anything else. For that reason, a mini smart plug is a better choice if you are limited on outlets. Bulky plugs are also tougher to squeeze behind furniture.