GoSports 100mm Regulation Bocce Ball Set
Last updated date: October 6, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bocce Ball Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bocce Ball Set you should buy.
Update as October 6, 2021:
Checkout The Best Bocce Ball Sets for a detailed review of all the top bocce ball sets.
Included with this bocce ball set are eight high-gloss balls, a 50-millimeter white pallino, a measuring rope and a premium carrying case. The balls are regulation size and can be used on an official court, as well as in your backyard. The set is also portable, so you can take it to the park or pack it when you take your next camping trip.
In our analysis of 38 expert reviews, the GoSports 100mm Regulation Bocce Ball Set placed 8th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Go Sports 100mm Bocce Set is a full size premium set for bocce enthusiasts. The set includes 8 throwing balls, including the traditional colors of 4 Red (2 Circle Cut, 2 Square Cut), 4 Green (2 Circle Cut, 2 Square Cut and a 45mm white Pallino. This classic color combination allows anywhere from 2 to 4 Players to compete at one time. The set can be used both for official courted Bocce as well as Free Play Bocce. Each ball is made from high quality poly-resin to provide a high gloss, defect free finish. Each ball weighs 2 pound, 5 ounces. The set includes a high quality canvas carrying case with shoulder strap so you can take your Bocce game on the road and then store it without losing any pieces. Also included are official rules and a measuring device to help settle any close calls.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bocce Ball Sets
The game of bocce ball is played frequently in Italy and has been steadily gaining popularity in the United States. If you’d like to give the game a try, you’ll want to purchase a bocce ball set that has everything you need to get started.
Review the contents of the set first, so you know you’re buying a set that includes everything you need to successfully play the game. For example, a set that comes with eight bocce balls in four different colors, a pallino ball, a measuring rope and a storage case that also doubles as a carrying bag is an excellent choice. It is important to note that not all bocce ball sets come with a measuring tape. If you have one in your home already, this won’t be an issue.
Check that the bocce balls are made from high-quality materials, otherwise, you’ll find yourself needing to replace them often. Some sets are made with a premium poly-resin compound material that is crack and damage resistant. They’re also less prone to scratching.
Individuals who enjoy spending time outdoors in all types of weather will need a bocce ball set that is weatherproof. For example, a set that provides all-weather reliability means you can enjoy a game in the summer, fall, winter and spring. You can play when the sun is shining and when the rain is coming down. You can play on grass, pavement or sand.
If you plan on arranging tournaments or playing bocce professionally, you’ll need to get a set that uses balls that meet the Bocce Standards Association’s official size of 14.2 inches and official weight of 2 pounds. Beginner sets may not meet these requirements.
The Bocce Ball Set Buying Guide
- Pay attention to the size and weight of the bocce balls. Some are not suitable for professional play, which is fine if you only intend on using the set in your backyard.
- If you find the included carrying case is not sturdy enough to support the weight of the bocce balls, you can set a similarly sized cardboard box inside the bag to provide additional support. This is a quick solution that keeps you from having to spend more money on a better bag.
- Before returning your bocce balls to their storage bag, you’ll want to wipe them down with a lint-free cloth. Since they are played in the yard, they can get a bit dirty during the game. Every so often, you’ll also want to use a bocce polish on the balls. This specially designed polish is non-abrasive, so it won’t damage the surface of the balls. It’s also great for restoring the shine to your balls, while also providing them with a nice grip.
- Bocce ball must be played on a level surface. You may have to take the time to rake the sand on the beach or flatten certain areas of your backyard before you play.
- You’ll find bocce ball sets come in a wide price range, but you should have no problem finding one that fits your budget. Basic sets that don’t have extra accessories are the most affordable. The Hey! Play! Outdoor Bocce Ball Set comes in at a moderate price point. If you have the extra cash, you may wish to go with the AmazonBasics Bocce Ball Set & Soft Carry Case, which has the highest price tag among the four models.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide