Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks, Pack of 45
Last updated date: March 13, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hot Glue Gun Sticks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hot Glue Gun Stick you should buy.
Update as March 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hot Glue Gun Stick for a detailed review of all the top hot glue gun sticks.
The Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks, Pack of 45 is capable of bonding metal and glass. In addition to being strong and having an extended working time, the glue sticks can be sanded and painted. The glue is also weather-resistant, which means it's ideal for outdoor projects.
In our analysis, the Gorilla Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks, Pack of 45 placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Incredibly tough & versatile, Gorilla hot glue sticks provide a long term hold even on hard to bond surfaces. The clear adhesive works with both high and low temperature glue guns and features an Extended working time for added convenience for all types of projects. Gorilla hot glue is also weather-resistant and 5x more durable, keeping your projects safe from seasonal temperature swings that can cause other glues to fail. Directions: 1.Use either low or high temp glue gun, per glue gun instructions. High temp: use with high hemp guns for strong bonding: wood, plastic, metal, glass, and more! low temp: use with low temp guns for delicate surface materials: floral, fabric, foam, jewelry, and more! 2.Test product before its intended use. Working time is dependent on amount of glue applied and temperature of glue gun. Full size sticks are 0.44 in. Diameter and mini size sticks are 0.27 in. Diameter. Mini size sticks should be used in mini size glue guns capable of dispensing 0.27 in diameter sticks. Full size sticks should be used in full size glue guns capable of dispensing 0.43 in diameter sticks. Click on the Gorilla link at the top of this page to see other quality products from the Gorilla glue company. Store below 130° F. Store out of direct UV light
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hot Glue Gun Sticks
A hot glue gun is one of those tools that most homeowners should have on hand. Not only are they handy for making a few home repairs, but they are also invaluable when it comes to a variety of craft projects. Of course, you’ll need a good set of glue sticks to use in your hot glue gun.
Choose a set of hot glue sticks based on the type of glue gun you own. Some are meant for low-temperature guns while others are designed for high-temperature guns. The Surebonder Mini Glue Sticks, Pack of 100 actually works with both and can withstand temperatures that range between 230 and 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Check how quickly the glue is able to bond two items. For example, the non-toxic Ad-Tech Multi Temperature Glue Stick, Pack of 50 works quickly and can bond two materials in as little as 30 seconds.
Examine what types of materials the hot glue stick is able to bond together. The Artellius Mini Hot Glue Gun Sticks, Pack of 200 is an excellent choice for fabrics, floral arrangements, paper and homemade jewelry, but you’ll want to use a different brand for metals and glass.
Consider any extra features the hot glue stick may have to offer. The Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks, Pack of 45, for example, can be sanded and painted. It’s also five times more durable than other brands. That makes it a better choice for important home repairs.
The Hot Glue Gun Stick Buying Guide
- Be careful not to accidentally touch the glue after it has been heated, as it has the potential to cause a burn. Consider investing in silicone finger protectors that you can wear while you use the glue gun.
- You may want to place a silicone mat underneath the glue gun to protect your table or countertop in between applications of the glue. Sometimes a little glue will drip out of the gun.
- The use of electric sanders can melt hot glue sticks.
- You’ll need to store unused glue sticks in a room with temperatures below 130 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s also important that you keep the sticks out of the path of direct UV light.
- Hot glue can be used for more than just sticking two items together. You can also use it to make raised word art.
- In order to compare the prices of hot glue sticks, you’ll need to divide the cost of the set by the number of sticks in each package. Typically, the larger the pack, the lower the cost per stick. You’ll find the Artellius Mini Hot Glue Gun Sticks, Pack of 200 and the Surebonder Mini Glue Sticks, Pack of 100 are cheaper than the Ad-Tech Multi Temperature Glue Stick, Pack of 50 and the Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks, Pack of 45.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide