Gorilla Grip Dishwasher Safe Ice Cream Scoop
Last updated date: November 16, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ice Cream Scoops and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ice Cream Scoop you should buy.
Editor's Note November 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Ice Cream Scoop for a detailed review of all the top ice cream scoops.
Thanks to this ice cream scoop's high-quality zinc alloy construction, it won't bend mid-scoop, even if your ice cream is hard as ice. The handle is outfitted with a comfort grip that won't freeze, which means you'll have no problem serving a crowd. At the end of the evening, simply toss the scoop in the dishwasher for easy clean up.
In our analysis of 48 expert reviews, the Gorilla Grip Gorilla Grip Dishwasher Safe Ice Cream Scoop placed 1st when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
WON’T BEND OR BREAK: Never again struggle with scooping stubborn, rock solid ice cream! Made of high quality, durable zinc alloy metal, the Gorilla Grip Ice Cream Scoop easily glides through even the hardest of ice cream and other desserts without bending under pressure (unlike many other scoopers). The smart design also includes flat edges on the scoop to ensure no ice scream gets stuck in and around the corners of the carton, giving you more ice cream with less effort… every time! COMFORTABLE AND EASY TO USE: The Gorilla Grip Ice Cream Scoop is lightweight with an easy-to-grip and slip-resistant handle that won’t freeze or make your hands cold. Its ergonomic design was made to help you effortlessly and comfortably dig through ice cream. Plus, an innovative notch on the handle of the scooper will easily lift cold ice cream container lids. GET THE PERFECT SCOOP: Our scoop will help ensure picture-perfect ice cream scoops each time you use it. The shape of the scooper gives off perfect curls, helping you to create large and beautiful scoops. Its generous size is also the perfect design for other foods, like scooping pumpkins, melons, cookie dough, meatball, pancake batter and more! DISHWASHER SAFE: Cleaning the Gorilla Grip Ice Cream Scoop is easy! It’s dishwasher safe to save you time and energy. It’s also BPA-free and non-toxic, making it a great fit for your home and family. 10-Year Guarantee: If you are unsatisfied with your product, we would be happy to provide you with your choice of a replacement or refund. We stand by our products 100% and want our customers to love them as much as we do!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ice Cream Scoops
When it comes time to serve up your favorite frozen sweets, whether it be classic ice cream or a more calorie-conscious frozen yogurt, you’ll find yourself looking at the problem of how to scoop that delicious treat into your bowl. An ice cream scoop will be the utensil that you’re looking for, but there are some significant differences in what style scoop might best suit you and your specific needs.
Ice cream scoops can range from plastic to metal. They can be a simple one-piece unit that seems like a hefty spoon, or they might have a spring-loaded handle that will allow the ice cream or frozen yogurt to arrive perfectly on your plate with a pleasing spherical aesthetic. It’s important to take these factors into account when you’re deciding which ice cream scoop is best for you.
If you do choose the metallic variety, you will first want to be sure that your ice cream scoop is made of stainless steel. This will give you peace of mind knowing that you have food-grade metals in your utensil. The last thing you want is for a painted scoop to start chipping and reveal a corroded metal. On the same note, any plastics should be BPA-free when coming into contact with the food you are consuming.
You may also want to consider the ergonomics of your scoop. When you first open that carton of frozen goodness, you might try to grab the thickest spoon in your drawer and dig in for a sample, but you’ll quickly find that your freezer can really make these frozen confections very hard, and you’re doing more damage to your spoon than anything else. Enter the ice cream scoop.
Your ice cream scoop should have a sturdy handle and a hard metal edge to allow you to comfortably insert it into the rather hard frozen treat that you’re trying to serve. You will be applying quite a bit of force to the ice cream scoop as you dig in to remove a scoop from the carton. Products like the Professional Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop by BALCI have you covered on the comfort side.
The shape of your scooped product might be of interest as well. Some scoops have a more pointed tip, like a spade shovel, that allow you to dig in for a big scoop. If you are hoping for a perfectly spherical scoop, however, you might want to look for a product with a half-sphere design, which will allow you to drop a picture-perfect scoop of ice cream in your dish or cone.
Whether you’re purchasing an ice cream scoop for yourself or giving it as a gift to a lucky recipient, use these guidelines to think thoroughly about which product can best suit your needs.
The Ice Cream Scoop Buying Guide
- Don’t let the name fool you — ice cream scoops can do much more than just serve up that tasty dairy treat. This multi-functional kitchen tool can be used for baking, making salads and cocktails or even prepping your summer squashes for a nice roast in the oven.
- One common use for these utensils is as a melon baller. The small round scoops of fruit can be added to salads and refreshing summertime beverages. They add a fun and unique look to the dish while bringing the familiar flavors of your favorite fruits. Imagine serving your guests a cold, fruity drink that has cold watermelon spheres instead of ice cubes.
- Save time and make perfectly round cookies with this as well. The ice cream scoop will give consistent size and shape to all your homemade cookies while letting your hands stay nice and clean. And what makes the perfect topper for that fresh, warm cookie? A scoop of ice cream, obviously!
- After thinking of all these desserts and fruits, you might find yourself wanting a vegetable or something savory. Cut open a spaghetti squash and grab your new favorite ice cream scoop. This tool is perfect for digging into the middle of the squash and removing all the seeds before you roast it in the oven. No more struggling with a small spoon that wants to bend or dig into your hand — you now will have the right tool for this job, too.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide