Golden State Art Display Tempered Glass Diploma Frame
Last updated: June 1, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Diploma Frames and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Diploma Frame you should buy.
Great for home or office, this diploma frame utilizes a classic design that truly highlights your accomplishments by displaying your diploma in style. Consumers have a choice between 12 different finishes, including black, distressed red and gold. The diploma frame can also be hung up vertically or horizontally.In our analysis of 6 expert reviews, the Golden State Art Display Tempered Glass Diploma Frame placed 3rd when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
New Certificate, Document, Photo Wood Frame with outside frame size 12.5×15.5 inches. Frame Border Color is Black and is 1-inch wide. The frame can fit either 11×14 pictures / documents (without the mat), or 8.5×11 pictures/document (with the double mat). 11 x 14. Includes a White Core White over Black Double Photo Mat with opening size: 8 x 10.5. The frame comes with real glass, backboard, and hangers. The back has 2 hangers for vertical and horizontal hanging options.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Diploma Frame Rankings
The first thing you want to do as you browse available diploma frames is check the quality of the frame’s construction. Solid wood is always a good choice, as is a certified MDF backing. You may even come across a few models that are 100% recyclable. These frames are eco-friendly and allow you to contribute in caring for the environment.
Next, take a look at the frame’s glass, as this is what preserves your diploma and keeps it free from dust and accidental scratches. At the very least, you want the glass to be lead-free and crystal clear. If you plan on hanging the document in the direct path of the sun, it’s best to pay a little extra for glass with UV protection. Additionally, if you have small children or pets at home, go with a tempered glass that is shatterproof.
Determine how you want to display your diploma frame. Some models have an easel back that allows you to place the frame on a desk or tabletop. Others have triangle or sawtooth hangers for hanging the frame on the wall. Don’t forget to check the placement of the hanger to determine whether it can be hung vertically or horizontally.
Style is also important when selecting the best diploma frame. Perhaps you prefer to keep things simple with a gallery-style frame in one solid color. Maybe you’re looking for a more contemporary design that features Newzland whitewood molding, a colored mat and a gold rim. There are frames made from Indonesian wood and others that offer a choice between 12 different finishes. No matter what your taste, you’re sure to find a frame that meets your needs.
Before purchasing your diploma frame, it is important to check the size of your document. You’ll find different institutions issue diplomas in various sizes, so you want to ensure the frame you buy fits your specific diploma. All you need to do is use a ruler to measure the height and width of the diploma in inches. Frames are commonly sold in the following sizes: 8 1/2 inches x 11 inches, 11 inches x 14 inches, 14 inches x 11 inches, 12 inches x 15 inches, 7 1/2 inches x 9 1/2 inches and 11 3/4 inches x 16 inches.
Next, you’ll want to consider what you want the diploma frame to hold. You can get a basic model that simply displays your diploma or one that also holds your tassel. In fact, there are frames that are designed to work more like shadow boxes. They can hold your varsity letter, valedictorian sash or any other important piece of memorabilia.
Diploma frames also come with the ability to place a picture next to the diploma. You could use your official graduation picture, a picture of your college sports team or a photo of the campus.
Once you know what type of frame works best for your needs, you can decide whether you’d like to customize the mat around the diploma. You can insert the name of your university and the year you graduated on a mat that matches the color scheme of your school. If you have a white mat, you can ask classmates and professors to sign the mat, so you always have fond memories of your college days nearby.
When your diploma frame arrives, you’ll need to take care to insert the diploma correctly. If the diploma is rolled and not flat, place it in between a set of books for a few days. You may need to put a weight on top. This will flatten the diploma nicely so that you can slide it in the frame. If the frame has a mat, make sure the diploma is centered. You may want to use some archival tape to help hold the diploma in place.
Finally, you’ll need to hang the diploma frame for all to see. Some frames come with a built-in level-locking hanging system. If your frame doesn’t offer this, all you need is a traditional level from the toolkit in your garage. Sometimes a frame may look straight when it’s actually a few degrees off-center. The level will let you know when the frame is placed just right.
- In addition to dusting your diploma frame regularly with a feather duster, you’re also going to want to give it a thorough cleaning from time to time. To do this, you’ll need to remove the frame from the wall and set it on a table. Flip the frame over and remove the diploma. Use glass cleaner and a lint-free cloth on the glass portion of the frame and mild dish soap and water on the wood or plastic part of the frame. This will remove any fingerprints and accumulated dust and dirt. Dry the diploma frame completely with a lint-free towel before reassembling it and hanging it back up on your wall.
- There are plenty of attractive diploma frames that have an elegant look. These are great choices if you’re looking for the perfect graduation present.
- Check to see if the company selling the diploma frames gives back to any charities. For example, one business partners with the One Tree Planted Organization to plant a new tree each time a product is sold.
- Verify that the organization takes special measures to ensure the diploma frame arrives undamaged and unbroken. Some companies use bubble envelopes with cardboard packaging that is also made with corner guards. Others have developed their own product packaging that is specifically designed to keep fragile items safe during travel.
- Style and added features contribute to the overall price of diploma frames. The Americanflat Black Matted Diploma Frame is more basic in design, and therefore, more affordable than other models.