Gmark Heavy Base Shot Glass, 12-Piece
Last updated date: May 14, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Shot Glasses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Shot Glass you should buy.
With 12 shot glasses in each set, you'll get a simple, functional design perfect for a round of shots. The heavy base holds up against regular use, and the glasses are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. The glasses are clear in design, making it easy to see what's inside. In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the Gmark Gmark Heavy Base Shot Glass, 12-Piece placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 15, 2020:
Checkout The Best Shot Glasses for a detailed review of all the top shot glasses.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Gmark’s Shot Glasses are a fun way to serve up any shot or shooter! Everyone has had a shot from a standard plain glass. Why not mix it up and make things more interesting? Bring some excitement to your next home party with our Gmark’s 2-Ounce Heavy Base Shot Glass Set having the best size for a perfect shot of your favorite drinking, not too flimsy, not too heavy.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Shot Glasses
A good set of shot glasses is a necessary addition to any liquor cabinet. Whether you use them only when you entertain or you just want to liven up your evenings at home, you can find the perfect set to suit your needs. You can buy one glass, dozens of glasses and everything in between.
But before you buy a shot glass, it’s important to know the features that are important. A shot is typically 1.5 ounces of liquor or liqueur, so shot glasses are fairly small in size, as you likely already know. But some shot glasses are slightly larger to allow you to enjoy an oversized shot if you prefer.
There are various types of shot glasses. A standard design has a short, fatter build, but there are also tall shot glasses that hold the same amount of liquid in a narrower design. Shot glasses go even shorter and wider with a pony shot glass, which is a great option for beginners. They do hold less liquid, though. There are also cheater and fluted styles, which vary from the others only in design. Cheater styles have a thicker, heavier base, and fluted shot glasses have a wider mouth and narrower base.
DWYM Fun Fact
Jell-O shots are a classic party favorite, seen on college campuses and at parties across the country. To make them, you’ll need one 3-ounce box of your favorite flavor of gelatin for every 10 2-ounce shots. Although vodka is the most popular liquor for Jell-O shots, you can use any type of alcohol you want and even get creative with flavors. A Tequila Sunrise Jell-O Shot, for instance, mixes orange juice, cherry Jell-O and Tequila, while a Gin and Tonic Jell-O Shot pulls together lime Jell-O, tonic water and gin. There are even flavored vodkas that can help you come up with your own combinations to make unique recipes that will wow all your friends.
The Shot Glass Buying Guide
- Shot glasses are so small, it’s not as likely you’ll knock it over often. But as the drinks start flowing, people can tend to get a little clumsy. Look for a thicker glass that can withstand being dropped. A sturdy base will keep it from tipping over.
- Most shot glasses are dishwasher safe. However, if you opt for a fancier version made of material like crystal, be aware that you may have to hand wash it.
- If Jell-O shots are more your style, you can buy disposable shot cups that even come with lids. These also come in handy for storing food samples and condiments.
- Glass can be risky around surfaces like concrete. For poolside gatherings, a plastic shot cup might be a better material.
- Novelty shot glasses make for a nice conversation piece. If you entertain regularly, that could be a fun addition to your home bar.
- Shot glasses come in various sets. Chances are, you won’t just buy one. You can buy them in pairs or sets of dozens. The latter may be a good option if you regularly host large groups of people.
- Although shots are meant to be 1.5 ounces, most people simply fill the glass to a certain point and drink. You can buy shot glasses in larger sizes to make those drinks a little more substantial.