Glen Burton 6 String GE39-JG-WR Offset Body Electric Guitar
Last updated date: August 19, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Glen Burton Guitars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Glen Burton Guitar you should buy.
Update as July 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Glen Burton Guitar for a detailed review of all the top glen burton guitars.
In our analysis of 6 expert reviews, the Glen Burton 6 String Offset Body Electric Guitar placed 4th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Glen Burton offers a new standard with its ge39-jg model! this classic offset body guitar is perfect for any range of experience from beginners learning the basics to seasoned vets looking for a solid guitar to add to their collection. This amazing guitar is constructed out of high-quality tone woods. A basswood body with a bolt-on maple neck on a retro mid-century GE39-JG-WR that any musician will recognize. Offered in a variety of colors to give you the option to pick the one that matches your own personal style.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Glen Burton Guitars
Whether you’re shopping for a beginner guitar for new learners or a spare guitar for more advanced players, you’ll want to go with a brand that is known for its quality craftsmanship. Glen Burton has a line of acoustic and electric guitars that fit this bill. Their guitars are not only strong and durable but also easy on the pocketbook.
Glen Burton guitars score high marks when it comes to build. The company uses high-end materials to construct its instruments. Basswoods or maple tops are used to make the bodies of the guitars, as they are known for their durability. Additionally, you’ll find their fingerboards are typically formed from rosewood, while the necks are designed using catalpa. These materials are nice and smooth and resistant to decay.
You’ll find Glen Burton guitars are extremely attractive and come in a variety of finishes. For example, you can get the Glen Burton Classic LP Style Electric Guitar in white, black, gold, red burst or cherry burst. The Glen Burton Chicago Hollowbody Electric Guitar has a natural finish that is a good choice for individuals who desire a classic-looking guitar.
Most of Glen Burton’s guitars are sold with accessories. Some models have more than others. The Glen Burton Dreadnaught Acoustic Guitar comes with three picks, extra strings and a gig bag. If you’re just getting started, you may wish to go with a full set, like the Glen Burton Acoustic Electric Cutaway Guitar. This model includes a 10-watt amplifier, truss rod, digital clip-on tuner, strings, picks, a strap and a gig bag with the purchase of the guitar.
If you’re looking for a guitar that’s a bit on the eccentric side, Glen Burton has that too. They sell a guitar that’s not only cut out in the shape of America but is also painted to look like the American flag. They even have a guitar that’s cut and painted to look like a shark. That model is equipped with LED lights for added effect. The bottom line is that whether you’re in the market for a traditional or specialty guitar, Glen Burton has a model that will match your style.
The Glen Burton Guitar Buying Guide
- In order to get the best sound out of your Glen Burton guitar, you’ll need to have it set up. If you don’t have a friend that’s got a lot of experience with guitars, you can get help from a music teacher or music store employee.
- When you first get your Glen Burton guitar, you’ll want to oil the fretboard and lubricate the nut. Lemonseed oil is a good choice when it comes to the wood used to manufacture guitars. Some reviewers also said their guitars worked better after replacing the strings and dressing the frets.
- Keep your guitar in a gig bag when not in use. This protects the guitar from dust and accidental dings. Storing the bag in a climate-controlled room is also ideal, as you don’t want humid conditions to damage the wood. If you live in a humid climate, you may want to invest in a dehumidifier that you can run in the room that holds your guitar.
- From time to time, you’ll want to wipe down your guitar with a damp cloth. This will lift away fingerprints and oils that transferred from your hands. As soon as you’ve wiped down the guitar, go back over it with a clean dry cloth.
- Use care when selecting a belt buckle. Large belt buckles may actually rub up against the back of your guitar during play, casing unsightly scratches.
- When it comes to musical instruments, you’ll find Glen Burton’s products on the lower end of the price scale. The Glen Burton Dreadnaught Acoustic Guitar and the Glen Burton Acoustic Electric Cutaway Guitar are extremely affordable, which makes them a great choice for new players. The Glen Burton Chicago Hollowbody Electric Guitar and the Glen Burton Classic LP Style Electric Guitar cost a bit more but are still quite reasonable when compared with other brands.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide