Gina Homolka Skinnytaste Meal Prep
Last updated date: November 17, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cookbooks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cookbook you should buy.
Update as November 17, 2021:
Checkout The Best Cookbook for a detailed review of all the top cookbooks.
Learn how to make healthy freezer meals and grab-and-go dishes with this cookbook. You also learn time-saving cooking strategies and flexible techniques so you can save more time in the kitchen while cooking good-for-you meals. This book is ideal for those with a busy lifestyle.
In our analysis of 34 expert reviews, the Gina Homolka Skinnytaste Meal Prep placed 8th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Whether you’re looking to lose weight or just eat a little healthier, meal prepping and cooking in advance helps you stay on track with your diet, saves time on busy weeknights, and is great for your budget. Skinnytaste Meal Prep delivers more than 120 healthy, diverse recipes that turn simple, easy-to-find ingredients into flavor-packed meals and snacks you'll have ready at your fingertips for the week ahead and beyond. Gina utilizes a number of brilliant time-saving strategies, including recipes to prep ahead so they can go straight from the freezer (your kitchen’s secret weapon!) to the Instant Pot®, slow cooker, or oven to finish cooking, along with dishes that are completely made ahead and easily reheated. With these flexible techniques, you'll have meals on-hand months in advance, ready whenever the need arises, with no further shopping or cooking required. Imagine stress-free mornings when you can enjoy Lemon Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes for breakfast and just grab a DIY Chicken Taco Kit for lunch on your way out the door—no more unhealthful drive-thru breakfast sandwiches or expensive takeout. Healthy bites like Pumpkin Hummus and “Everything” Nuts will fuel you through the afternoon. For no-prep, effortless dinners, Roasted Vegetable Lasagna, Moussaka Makeover, and Greek Chicken Pilaf Bowls will make the entire family happy and satisfied. With Skinnytaste Meal Prep, cooking smarter and eating healthier just got a whole lot simpler.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cookbooks
For many people, cooking at home is a relaxing activity. It helps calm your nerves after a stressful day and creates excitement for the delicious meal you’re about to eat. For others, cooking is a group activity you do with your loved ones, working closely together in the kitchen to make culinary magic. Whether you’re a novice home cook or a master of the trade, using a cookbook to help guide you is a great way to try out new flavors, techniques and styles of cooking.
When looking for a great cookbook, first consider the kinds of food you’d like to try. Are you interested in going out of your comfort zone and making a dish from a different country, or do you want to stay within the kinds of meals you are familiar with? Are you going on a new diet where you omit certain foods like gluten or meat from your meals, or are you looking to expand your palate and add in new ingredients you’re not familiar with?
Be sure to also consider your level of culinary expertise. If you’re a new cook, you may want to choose a cookbook geared towards beginners with simple recipes that don’t require complex techniques. On the other hand, if you’re looking to challenge yourself, then opt for a cookbook geared towards experts with multi-step recipes and unique modes of cooking.
The Cookbook Buying Guide
- Consider what kind of recipes you want to make. For example, are you interested in eating less meat and trying a plant-based diet? If so, grab a vegetarian cookbook. On the other hand, if you want more comfort food recipes, opt for one that gives you those options. If you’re looking to live a healthier lifestyle, then go with a cookbook that offers low-calorie but delicious meals.
- An important factor in a cookbook is whether it can lay flat while open on the kitchen counter. If you open it up and the pages flip around on their own or the book closes on its own, you’ll end up frustrated while cooking. If the cookbook cannot lay flat, be sure to get a cookbook stand. This way, you can see the recipe while cooking without having to constantly open the book to the right page.
- In addition to reading the recipes, many people decide what to cook with their eyes. Having stunning food photography in the cookbook shows you what the final meal will look like. Many cookbooks also include illustrations for step-by-step instructions, which are particularly helpful for new cooks.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide