Giant Sports Bone Broth Plus Greens Protein Powder
Last updated date: June 22, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bone Broths and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bone Broth you should buy.
Editor's Note July 7, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bone Broth for a detailed review of all the top bone broths.
In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the Giant Sports Giant Sports Bone Broth Plus Greens Protein Powder placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Giant Sports Bone Broth Plus Greens is a delicious and savory bone broth soup powder that contains a full, TruServ verified serving of organic greens in every cup! With 12g of pure hydrolyzed collagen peptides, along with kale, broccoli, spinach, and a natural chicken flavor, Bone Broth Plus Greens will gives you the benefits of bone broth without the time it takes to make it from scratch. Just add hot water for a warm, savory soup that is multi-functional, tastes delicious, and gives you countless health benefits to body and soul.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bone Broths
Bone broth is a type of stewed liquid that is made from boiling animal bones and connective tissues. There are many options for what you can include in bone broth, including beef, chicken and fish bones. Once the bones have boiled in water and a little bit of vinegar for 10 to 24 hours, you can then strain out the bones so you’re left with a nutritious, flavorful and golden-hued liquid.
Bone broth is used because of its many nutritious properties. Animal bones contain a lot of nutrients including calcium, magnesium and phosphorous. The connective tissues and bones also release collagen into the broth, which fuels the body with amino acids. Bone marrow is rich in iron, fatty acids and zinc among other things. The kind of bones and tissues used to make up the bone broth affect the nutrients you’ll be able to derive from it.
Bone broth is particularly high in gelatin, which is important to maintain healthy joints. Drinking bone broth or using it in your cooking can help to increase your gelatin intake which can protect your joints. In addition, if you suffer from osteoarthritis, bone broth may help to reduce pain and stiffness.
Taking care of your bones isn’t the only reason to drink bone broth. It can also help you with digestion due to the amino acids it contains. The amino acid glycine, also found in bone broth, can help to improve sleep. If you’re having restless nights, a warm cup of bone broth may help you have a better sleep. Many people also drink bone broth in order to lose weight. Because it’s high in protein, it helps you feel fuller longer, so you may intake fewer calories throughout the day.
The Bone Broth Buying Guide
- When you’re on the lookout for bone broth, one of the most important things to consider is taste. You can find bone broths that have beef or chicken flavors, and some that are also flavored with vegetables, herbs and spices. When it comes to bone broth powder, you can actually get sweeter flavors such as vanilla and chocolate. These are perfect for mixing into a protein shake or smoothie, while savory flavors are great for drinking as-is or mixing into a meal.
- Keep a close eye on the ingredients listed. Opt for whole foods such as 100% grass-fed beef bones, chicken bones, organic vegetables and herbs. This way, you’ll get the best nutritional value out of your bone broth.
- If you’re following a specific kind of diet, you can actually find bone broths that will meet those requirements. Many bone broths available are perfect for intermittent fasting, low-carb, keto, paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free diets.
- For many shoppers, convenience is a major factor. Think about how you want to use your bone broth and what form it comes in. If you want a ready-to-go drinkable bone broth, you can find ones in individual servings where you just need to heat up the liquid and serve. You can also get larger servings which are great if you want to add bone broth to soup or stew recipes. For those who want a powder form, you can get pre-measured powder servings that you just need to mix with water. You can also get larger tubs of powder where you can scoop out as much as you need to mix into a protein shake.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide