George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
Last updated date: February 1, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Indoor Grills and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Indoor Grill you should buy.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the George Foreman George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Indoor Grill for a detailed review of all the top indoor grills.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
George Foreman GG50B 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver. Problem grill does not turn on, possible cause grill is not plugged in, solution Check to be sure appliance is plugged into working outlet and On/Off switch in the ON position.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Indoor Grills
There’s just something about food that’s been cooked on the grill that makes it more flavorful. When the weather turns wet or cold, however, you won’t be able to use your outdoor grill. That’s when having an indoor grill comes in handy. If you’d like to add an indoor grill to your appliance collection, keep the following features in mind:
Determine what serving size is best for your family. Many indoor grills are made to cook for just two people at a time. That’s great for individuals and couples but isn’t ideal for families. The George Foreman Grill and Panini Press can cook four servings at a time. There are even models out there that are capable of grilling enough for six people.
Check how well the indoor grill heats the grilling plates. For example, the Philips Kitchen Appliances Indoor BBQ Grill uses advanced infrared technology and special reflectors to keep the grilling plates a consistent 446 degrees Fahrenheit. Some models allow you to set the plates to a specific temperature, as well as grills that reach temperatures as high as 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Look for extra features that make using the indoor grill easier. You may prefer a unit with indicator lights that reveal when the grill is fully preheated, or a model that has an extra-large drip tray to protect your countertops while cooking. The Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill even has a viewing window, so you can check on the progress of your dish at any time.
Think about what you want your indoor grill to be capable of. You don’t have to stick with a model that only grills food. There are also grills, like the Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler, that can also bake pie, cook eggs and make paninis.
DWYM Fun Fact
Although the George Foreman grill bears his name, Foreman didn’t actually invent the indoor grill. The highly famous professional boxer and ordained minister merely served as the face of the grill. It was Michael Boehm who created the George Foreman grill in 1994 and he designed it to provide a healthier way of eating.
While indoor grills are mainly used for grilling burgers, steaks, chicken and fish, they can actually be used for so much more. For example, you can bake cookies, cook toast, make a grilled cheese, cook bacon and grill fresh peaches for dessert using an indoor grill.
The Indoor Grill Buying Guide
- It’s important to note that many indoor grill users report that their grills released a caustic smoke the first time they used it.
- Always check the length of the grill’s power cord. Some are extremely short, making it so you can’t cook away from the power outlet.
- Consumers warn that excess grease and oil can drip onto a kitchen countertop if the grill’s lid isn’t opened evenly.
- Since your indoor grill is electric, you’ll need to take care when you clean it. Most have removable plates and drip pans that can be hand washed or placed in a dishwasher. Make sure you unplug the grill and wait for it to cool before you start the cleaning process. The exterior of the grill and any plates that don’t come off can be wiped down using a soapy dishrag. Wipe the unit down a second time with just a wet rag. You can wait for the grill to air dry or dry it with a lint-free cloth.
- If you want to make clean up even easier, line the grill plates with aluminum foil. Once you’re done cooking, all you need to do is remove the foil and toss it in the trash.
- You’ll notice that the price for an indoor grill varies greatly. Some of the factors that cause the price to go up are added features and a larger serving size. The George Foreman Grill and Panini Press is the most basic model, making it one of the more affordable indoor grills on the market. The Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler acts as five machines in one, while the Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill can cook six servings at once. For those reasons, the two grills are moderately priced. The Philips Kitchen Appliances Indoor BBQ Grill commands the highest price, as it uses advanced infrared technology to keep food heated evenly.