Genius Iron 6.6-Foot Upgraded Nylon Bearings Sliding Barn Door Hardware
Last updated date: August 25, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sliding Barn Door Hardware and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sliding Barn Door Hardware you should buy.
Update as August 25, 2021:
Checkout The Best Sliding Barn Door Hardware for a detailed review of all the top sliding barn door hardware.
This sliding barn door hardware kit includes high-quality powder-coated hardware suitable for hanging doors of up to 220 pounds. You'll get two barn door hangers and wheels, your choice of multiple track lengths, lag bolts and spacers to suit the track length you ordered, two doorstops, a guide for the bottom of the door and the hardware you'll need to hang the door. The rustic design of the hardware makes it a great fit for some of today's most popular decor styles.
In our analysis of 6 expert reviews, the Genius Iron 6.6-Foot Upgraded Nylon Bearings Sliding Barn Door Hardware placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
For those who seek fashion and function, industrial efficiency over sleek elegance, this's for you. Our new Barn Door Hardware Kit borrows our classic hardware's unique design, with a rough and rugged texture that will withstand the most unforgiving environments.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sliding Barn Door Hardware
Barn doors are very on-trend these days, partly because of their versatility. They can be used for doorways, as well as for cabinet doors. To install them, you need sliding barn door hardware, which is usually sold separately. Keep in mind that even though pictures of the hardware often shows barn doors, you will probably need to make two purchases in order to get both parts.
The track, or rail, is a long bar installed above your doorway or on a cabinet. It lets the rollers slide from side to side and supports the door’s weight. Barn door hardware kits have pre-drilled tracks, which makes things easier. The rollers mount on the door, and the hanger portion lets the door roll on the track.
When shopping for barn door hardware, look at the different finishes and styles available to see what looks compatible with the door you have. You will also need to measure the door and the opening before purchasing the kit. Installation is fairly straightforward, though you will need some basic tools, like a level, tape measure, drill, reciprocating saw and a socket set. Follow the instructions with the kit to be sure you are using the proper tools.
The Sliding Barn Door Hardware Buying Guide
- Experts recommend looking for kits with nylon wheels, which promote smoother and quieter door openings and closings.
- See if the kit is designed for single and/or double doors, and buy what you need.
- Powder coating on the components can make the hardware more durable.
- If you are installing a single barn door, it will be mounted on one track that is twice as long as the door’s width. This means that you need enough space on one side of the doorway to install the track.
- For double doors, these are both mounted on one track that must be two times as long as the width of both doors combined.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide