Geniani Moist & Dry Electric Heating Pad
Last updated date: July 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Heating Pads and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Heating Pad you should buy.
Whether you're suffering from back pain or cramps, this heating pad is an excellent choice. It offers both wet and dry heat and features a thick microfiber plush pad that is soft up against your skin. Users will appreciate its extra-large size, as it's able to cover a wider area. In our analysis of 63 expert reviews, the Geniani Geniani Moist & Dry Electric Heating Pad placed 2nd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Heating Pad for a detailed review of all the top heating pads.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
A Geniani heating pad helps you to cope with soreness or lower back pain 20% faster and more comfortably than other heating pads. Just imagine: Laying on your comfortable couch watching your favorite show with an ultra-plush Geniani heating pad and both your neck and shoulder pain are soon gone! All possible with a Geniani heating pad. It is much easier to reduce cramps and muscle tension with an extra large size heating pad. 60% percent greater area covered. Gentle yet powerful heating pad effectively increases blood circulation, soothes muscles and relieves cramps! Fast heat distribution is all you need to feel rejuvenated and pain free. Completely new design - easy to take with you wherever you go! Creating an entirely new design meant re-engineering entirely new technology. Now you can choose the perfect temperature level that fits your needs. Extra long 10 ft cord lets you relax even if an outlet is far from you. More useful, more powerful yet 100% safer with a 2-hour auto shut off option. Suitable for both dry and moist heat therapies. Fast acting. Deep treatment. Targeted pain relief. Moist heat therapy is more effective than dry heat in the healing of deep tissues. Extra large heating pad provides 60% broader coverage. Great for both small and large muscles groups. Lack of time? With this machine washable heating pad this is no longer a problem! Wash it as a usual clothing item and spend your free time as you wish!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Heating Pads
If you suffer from back pain, you likely already know the benefits of heat therapy. Just a short time on a heating pad loosens back muscles, relieving tension and helping with spasms and stiffness. But finding the right heating pad can take some time, especially with so many good ones on the market.
One decision you’ll find you need to make is whether you want a pad that provides only dry heat, only moist heat or a combination of both. There is no clear answer as to which is better. The truth is, moist heat works better for some back pain sufferers and dry heat works better for others. Experimenting with both can help you figure out which helps you most.
Temperature control is another feature to consider. It can be tough to find that just-right setting, but it helps to have multiple choices. If “low” and “high” are your only options, you may find one is too hot and one isn’t hot enough. In addition to temperature control, consider whether a timer is important to you. Being able to set a specific time and trust your heating pad to shut off when the time is up may give you peace of mind, especially if you like to nap on it.
Coverage area is also something to consider. Not all heating pads are sized the same, so you may find some don’t quite provide the comfort you need for the part of your back where you’re experiencing pain. You’ll only get frustrated if you have to constantly move it around.
It may not be your most important factor, but it’s still important to consider how easy it will be to clean your heating pad at least occasionally. Some heating pads come with covers that you can simply toss in the washer for ease of cleanup.
DWYM Fun Fact
Heat therapy for aches and pains is nothing new. In fact, in Ancient Greece and Egypt, physicians used the sun’s rays to help people find relief. Thermal baths, mud baths and even hot air caverns attached to volcanic sources were all part of this therapy at one time or another. In addition to these therapies, those experiencing issues such as muscle spasms were treated using hot water, steam and sand. As medicine evolved, hot vapor baths were used for fevers, arthritis and other conditions. Sweat baths continue to serve as therapy for various ailments in some cultures to this day.
The Heating Pad Buying Guide
- If you’re looking for a heating pad that lets you choose between moist and dry heat, go with the Geniani Moist & Dry Electric Heating Pad, Pure Enrichment PureRelief XL King Size Heating Pad or the Sunbeam Neck Heating Pad.
- Temperature preferences can vary from one person to the next. For those who want extreme heat, the OKAMOTO USA Beyond BodiHeat Heat Pad may tend to be too hot for some people. In fact, the Pure Enrichment PureRelief XL King Size Heating Pad reaches 112 degrees.
- To help you find that perfect setting, though, some heating pads offer multiple levels. There are models that range from 88 degrees to 166 degrees Fahrenheit with a control that lets you move the dial in 1-degree increments. The Pure Enrichment PureRelief XL King Size Heating Pad has six heat setting options. The Sunbeam Neck Heating Pad has four heat settings.
- OKAMOTO USA Beyond BodiHeat Heat Pads are completely different from other heating pads. These disposable pads are meant to stay in place for 12 hours, with no cord or battery power necessary.
- Keeping your heating pad clean can be an ongoing challenge. The Pure Enrichment PureRelief XL King Size Heating Pad has a cover that can be removed for easy cleaning. With the Sunbeam Neck Heating Pad, you can machine wash the pad after removing the cord.
- Experts recommend limiting the amount of time you spend using a heating pad since it could cause burns with prolonged use. A timer can help with that. Some models have a timer that lets you choose a time of up to 60 minutes. With the Pure Enrichment PureRelief XL King Size Heating Pad and Sunbeam Neck Heating Pad, you get a two-hour auto-shutoff feature to keep you safe.
- Look for a heating pad that has a lockout mode that keeps you from accidentally changing the settings while you’re using it.
- Dimensions are especially important with heating pads since you’re looking for them to cover a specific area. Look at the actual measurements, rather than promises like “Extra Large” in the product description. The Geniani Moist & Dry Electric Heating Pad is a generous 12 by 24-inches, with the Sunbeam Neck Heating Pad following at 14 by 22-inches. Noticeably smaller than those two is the Pure Enrichment PureRelief XL King Size Heating Pad, at 12 by 15-inches. Disposable OKAMOTO USA Beyond BodiHeat Heat Pads are only 3.75 by 5.125-inches, probably making them better for targeted heating.
- The very thing that makes a smaller heating pad undesirable for widespread back pain, though, makes it great if your pain tends to move from your shoulder to your back. The Sunbeam Neck Heating Pad is actually better for your neck and shoulder area than your back, but it works for both.
- You may spend quite a bit of time with your heating pad in place, so it’s important that it’s comfortable. The Geniani Moist & Dry Electric Heating Pad has a plush side that feels good against the skin but isn’t so thick that it causes you to sweat. The Pure Enrichment PureRelief XL King Size Heating Pad is built with microplush fibers to keep you comfortable. The Sunbeam Neck Heating Pad is not only soft and comfortable, but it has a magnetic closure that helps hold it in place.
- One of the biggest challenges with a heating pad is that it requires either a cord or some other heating source to provide consistent warmth. The best thing about OKAMOTO USA Beyond BodiHeat Heat Pads is that they require no heat source whatsoever, letting you wear them wherever you go for up to 12 hours. The Pure Enrichment PureRelief XL King Size Heating Pad and Sunbeam Neck Heating Pad both have extra-long power cords to make it easy for you to move around during the short time period in which you’re wearing them.