Genesis GHG1500A Multiple Nozzle Shring Wrap Heat Gun
Last updated date: October 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Shrink Wrap Heat Guns and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Shrink Wrap Heat Gun you should buy.
Update as October 7, 2021:
Checkout The Best Shrink Wrap Heat Gun for a detailed review of all the top shrink wrap heat guns.
This no-nonsense heat gun features two temperature settings and a powerful 12.5 amp motor. Tackle a range of applications with the easy-to-use tool, which stands on its back for convenience and includes four nozzle accessories.
In our analysis, the Genesis Genesis GHG1500A Multiple Nozzle Shring Wrap Heat Gun placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Powerful 12.5 amp motor 1500/750 watt. High and low temperature settings for versatility. Deflector nozzles protect glass and other surfaces while Reflector nozzle speeds Thawing of pipes. 3 Position rocker type switch for high temperature, off and low temperature. Includes: Two deflector nozzles, One reflector nozzle, and an air reduction nozzle. CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Cancer and Reproduction Harm.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Shrink Wrap Heat Guns
Heat guns are an often-overlooked versatile workhorse of the DIY world. They operate like high-powered hair dryers; they have an intake fan that directs air to a heating element and then to a fan that propels the hot air out the nozzle.
Non-industrial, at-home models can produce temperatures of up to 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit. These tools are used in a variety of applications. Classic heat guns are often designed to heat-shrink plastic wrap or tubing.
They can also be used to strip paint, soften glue, apply vehicle decals or remove old bumper stickers. Many shrink wrap heat guns even have plumbing applications, such as defrosting frozen pipes, bending plastic piping or loosening solder joints.
When choosing a heat gun, consider its temperature range and how it’s controlled, as well as fan speed. Most heat guns on the market today have at least two temperature settings.
However, some guns do have a single temperature setting. On these heat guns, the only way to control the temperature is to either move the gun closer or farther from the target. However, as a heat gun is placed further away from your work surface, the effective temperature not only decreases, but the surface area affected also increases.
Fan speed helps control the surface area a heat gun hits. A higher fan speed covers more area, while lower fan speeds are better for precise projects, as they affect a smaller surface. A combination of variable fan speed and variable temperature can provide very fine control.
The Shrink Wrap Heat Gun Buying Guide
- Evaluate your needs before purchasing a heat gun. What will you be using it for and how often will you use it? What features would you like it to have? How much power do you need for the projects you’re doing?
- A simple dual-setting gun with suffice for many DIY projects, while more complex work like plumbing will need a gun with a full variable-temperature range from 120 to 1,100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat gun nozzles can further refine airflow to make it more suitable for specific applications. Many heat guns come as a kit with nozzles.
- Don’t forget about ease-of-use improvements like longer electrical cords, ergonomic grip, and hanging hooks.
- Also consider safety features, such as a dead man’s switch and overheating cutoffs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide