Gecko Travel Tech Adhesive Phone Wallet With RFID
Last updated date: July 29, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Phone Card Holders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Phone Card Holder you should buy.
In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the Gecko Travel Tech Gecko Travel Tech Adhesive Phone Wallet With RFID placed 8th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 11, 2019:
Checkout The Best Phone Card Holder for a detailed review of all the top phone card holders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
PHONE WALLET SETS BY GECKO come with a stick on wallet Gecko Phone Wallet, Phone Stand Holder, 1 RFID Card sleeve, Earphone Untangler, and a Microfiber Screen Cleaner. Gecko offers customer service response in under 24hrs because we stand behind our Gecko Phone Wallets for a full 90 days. PHONE CARD HOLDER sets are universal, they can fit to almost any phone or case, Gecko wallet case sets are good for anyone with a cell phone. Gecko Phone Pockets are made to hold 2-3 cards and a bit of cash. A slim, sleek card case that makes a minimalist happy. SECURE AND PRIVATE Card holder for back of phones and card case sets made by Gecko include a built in safety strap so you never worry about losing your valuable items. Phone Wallets are Extra Tall so your credit cards and cash never show. Dimensions are Height - 3.7in (96mm) / Width 2.3in (60mm) / Thickness - 0.07 in (2mm)/ WALLET CASES are travel accessories for back of cell phones, our durable LYCRA material (not silicone) can stretch and hold anything like a snug pocket. In a hurry? Save time with quick access to your credit cards and cash. CELL PHONE CARD HOLDER, adhesive credit card holder, cell phone pockets for credit cards, wallet sleeve, stick-on card holder, card case, phone cards, many names, we just call it a GECKO!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Phone Card Holders
Students love phone card holders. Instead of carrying a purse or wallet, they can simply stick their IDs and payment cards in a pocket on the back of a smartphone and head to class. But phone card holders aren’t just for college students. They’re perfect for keeping up with your ID cards at the gym, while out with friends or even for everyday use.
In fact, these adhesive card pockets have become so popular in recent years, they’ve evolved far beyond the basic versions you could initially buy. You can find a wide variety of designs along with different pocket options to fit various preferences. But it’s important to make sure each of those pockets is designed to prevent your cards from falling out, whether that means nonslip material or a tightness that keeps your cards in place.
The adhesive used to attach the holder is also important, especially if you’re putting it directly on the back of your phone rather than on a case. You’ll need a holder with adhesive strong enough to stay in place, but it can’t be so strong that it damages the back of your phone. Many manufacturers use adhesive from 3M, maker of Post-It Notes, but there are competing products that can provide similar results.
Once you’ve narrowed your choices to the card holders that will stick to your phone, you’ll need to take a look at the pocket design that works for you. How many cards you’ll be able to hold depends on the thickness of the cards you’re adding. But typically, you can squeeze two to three cards into a phone card holder. Some phone card holders can stretch to hold even more, though, and still others have an extra front pocket that comes in handy for storing miscellaneous items like your office key or cash.
DWYM Fun Fact
Of the many things invented by accident over the centuries, Post-It Notes may be among the most famous. The adhesive was invented in 1968 by a 3M chemist named Dr. Spencer Silver. But the company didn’t have an application for the invention until 1974. One of Dr. Silver’s colleagues, Art Fry, was looking for a way to mark his place in his hymnals in choir when he thought about giving Dr. Silver’s adhesive a try. He was amazed at how effective it was in keeping his bookmark in place within leaving a residue. Fry was the one who came up with the idea of putting the adhesive on the back of notes. In 1980, Post-It Notes launched nationwide.
The Phone Card Holder Buying Guide
- The first consideration when you get your new phone card holder is whether you’ll attach it directly to the back of your phone or to the protective case you have on it. But if it’s going directly on your phone, you’ll want to make sure the adhesive doesn’t damage it. Some phones use 3M adhesive that sticks well without leaving a residue. But others, on the other hand, use a special type of adhesive that promise to sticks better to the newer glass-back style of cellphones.
- It’s important to note that some iPhones are designed with fingerprint-resistant backs, which means you will need a case to make the adhesive stick. Since glass-back phones are becoming increasingly popular, a case may be in order for any type of phone card holder you buy moving forward, though.
- Capacity is a major deciding factor in a phone card holder. The vast majority of phone card holders will hold up to three cards, which may mean your student ID, driver’s license, and a credit card, at most. There’s also a style of phone card holder that features a unique stretchy design that lets you slip in as many as eight cards. This also gives you the flexibility you need if you want to tuck some cash into it. A third type of design has two pockets: the back pocket, which holds up to four cards, and the front pocket, which can hold cash and/or a car or office key.
- As handy as a phone card holder can be, it won’t be useful at all if your cards slide out. It’s important to look at how tight each pocket is, but some phone card holders are built with a non-slip interior grip that keeps your cards in place.
- It’s also important to look at the materials used to make your phone card holder. A holder made from 100% genuine leather may be the best bet if you’re looking for durability.