GE LED Night Light, 2-Pack
Last updated date: January 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Night Lights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Night Light you should buy.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Cover unsightly outlets while providing a soft glow with the GE Moroccan LED Cover Lite night light. This LED night light is designed to fully cover two outlets when one is not in use, though it can be positioned to keep a second outlet free for use. It features light-sensing technology which automatically turns the night light on or off with the changing room light. The long-life LEDs mean there will be no bulbs to replace and it's energy efficient, using just pennies worth of electricity per year. The GE Moroccan LED Cover Lite night light's stylish finish, modern design and always cool-to-the-touch bulbs make it perfect for any room in your home. It is intended for indoor use only. This product is UL listed and comes with a limited lifetime .
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Night Lights
Whether you want to avoid tripping on a toy in the hallway on your way to the bathroom in the middle of the night or you want to give your child a little extra security at bedtime, a night light is the way to go. Before you purchase a set of night lights, you’ll want to keep the following features in mind.
Check how energy efficient the night light is. Night lights that use LED lights last a long time and tend to cost just a few cents per year to run. The Sycees Plug-In LED Night Light, 6-Pack is highly efficient and also costs a few cents per year to run.
Determine the size of the night light. Many models are so large that they take up the space of both of the receptacles in the outlet. The eufy Plug-In LED Night Light, 4-pack is compact, and only uses one receptacle, so the other is left free for charging a tablet or table lamp.
Look at the product packaging to find out whether the night light is manual or automatic. Some models are equipped with a “dusk to dawn” sensor. As soon as the lighting in the home begins to dim, the night light automatically comes on. The opposite is also true. When the light brightens due to the sun or interior lighting, the night light will shut off.
Consider a night light that has extra features, such as the Hatch Baby Sound Machine and Night Light. This model allows users to choose a color for their light, as well as set a background noise to either soothe a child to sleep or gently wake a child in the morning.
DWYM Fun Fact
You know that light travels from the sun to the earth, but did you know it takes 8 minutes and 17 seconds to get here? Here are a few more interesting facts about light:
- Once sunlight hits the ocean waters, it can be seen as far down as 80 meters.
- When light shines on selenium, it is able to conduct electricity.
- Located in California is the Centennial Light, which has been burning since 1901. It’s the longest-lasting light bulb in the world.
- While Thomas Edison was the first to patent a light bulb back in 1879, it was actually Humphry Davy who discovered the first electric light in 1802.
The Night Light Buying Guide
- If the night light comes with a product warranty or a satisfaction guarantee, you need to check the length of the coverage. Some of these protections only last 90 days, while others are good for up to a year from the date of purchase.
- Night lights are not waterproof and cannot be used outdoors.
- Look for any third party testings or certifications, such as a CE certification, as this lets you know the product is of a higher quality.
- When comparing night lights, make sure you take a look at how many lights are in the set.