Garmin Forerunner Heart Rate Monitoring Sport Watch
Last updated date: June 3, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as June 3, 2022:
Checkout The Best Sport Watch for a detailed review of all the top .
Optimize your running performance with this sport watch, which monitors heart rate and tracks running speed, distance, daily calories and intensity minutes. You can also access an online community and connect this watch to your phone to get notifications.
In our analysis of 37 expert reviews, the Garmin Forerunner Heart Rate Monitoring Sport Watch placed 8th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Easy-to use GPS running watch tracks how far, how fast and where you run. Estimates heart rate at the wrist, all day and night, using Garmin elevate wrist heart rate technology. Connected features: Smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking and music controls (when paired with a compatible smartphone). All-day activity tracking estimates steps, calories and intensity minutes and reminds you when to move. Automatically uploads your data to Garmin Connect, our free online fitness community where you can join challenges, receive insights and share your progress as you meet your goals.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
If you want to improve your fitness and optimize your performance, a sport watch is a useful gadget to have. The watch can help you measure important metrics and track your improvement over time, ensuring you achieve your goals and overcome physical challenges. With a sport watch, you can track how well you’re doing, where are you are in meeting your goals and what else you have to work on to get there.
There are many different sport watches available, and the type you need will depend on your physical fitness goals. Some sport watches act as a fitness tracker. These watches capture basic data you need to know about your fitness performance, such as steps taken, calories burned and distance walked. Some fitness tracker sport watches also monitor things like how much sleep you had or what your heart rate is. They are ideal for beginners who are just starting out using sport watches to monitor their performance.
GPS sport watches are another choice for those who want to record their routes and analyze them to optimize training. For example, they can help you see things like pace, elevation or cadence. GPS-equipped watches are perfect for long-distance runners or cyclists.
A next level of sport watch offers advanced heart-rate monitors through an external wrist monitor or chest strap. They can help you analyze your pulse during a workout to boost your fat burn, endurance, strength and speed. Many of these kinds of sport watches also enable you to see your maximum oxygen consumption and your recovery rate.
If you participate in different types of fitness activities, go with a multi-sport watch. It has many of the features of the other watches, but can actually be programmed for specific activities. For example, you can set it for running, cycling, hiking, skiing or snowboarding. If you have a waterproof watch, you can also wear it while swimming and paddleboarding.
The Buying Guide
- The features you need on a sport watch depend on your fitness goals. For example, do you want to see how many calories you burn with each workout or do you want to know the optimal pace you should run to burn the most fat? Do you want to set routes for the best workout or do you just want to see how many steps you took in a day? Outlining your fitness goals will help you figure out the best kind of sport watch for you.
- While you’re busy working out, you may not want to be constantly checking your sport watch. Opt for one that has audio or vibration prompts so you can set it to alert you at specific times or when you’re in a certain heart-rate zone.
- Many sport watches are connected to apps or websites, where you can upload your personal data and analyze it. This is a great feature to have if you want more insight on your fitness performance.
- If you train alone but like being competitive with others, check to see whether your sport watch’s manufacturer has built an online community. You may be able to compare your data with virtual fitness partners, join group challenges and get insight on your performance. Being competitive can motivate you to exceed your goals.
- Some sport watches can help you create customized workouts or training circuits, which is a great way to optimize your fitness and improve your performance. It’s like having a little personal trainer right on your wrist.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide