Garmin 010-02064-00 Instinct, Graphite
Last updated date: March 12, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Garmin Watches and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Garmin Watch you should buy.
Editor's Note March 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Garmin Watches for a detailed review of all the top garmin watches.
This smartwatch is built with fiber-reinforced polymer to withstand exposure to heat, shock and water. It features multiple GPS systems, plus a 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter. The watch not only monitors your heart rate and updates from your phone, it includes a backtrack feature that follows the same route back to your starting point.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Garmin Garmin 010-02064-00 Instinct, Graphite placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
When you can rely on Instinct, the world can rely on you. This rugged, reliable outdoor GPS watch is built for the U. S. Military standard 810G for thermal, shock and water resistance (Rated to 100 meters). The fiber-reinforced polymer case adds strength and durability, and the chemically-strengthened, scratch-resistant display is high-contrast enough to read in bright sunlight, so you can take it with you into the extremes you face every day. Plus, the fully vented silicone bands include two independent, removable keeper loops to ensure a secure fit and to keep you from getting caught on things. Water rating: 10 ATM.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Garmin Watches
Bear in mind how you intend to use your Garmin smartwatch when shopping for one. Is it primarily for tracking your workouts, for hands-free access of your phone’s messages or for monitoring your health? Some watches include the ability to store and play music independent of your phone, while others need to be within Bluetooth range of your phone to do so.
Consider how often you feel comfortable charging your smartwatch, which will vary depending on how you use it. Using the GPS function actively will drain more power than passive tracking. If you want to use more high-powered applications, you will have to charge your watch every day. Having your watch monitor your health and then accessing the data on your phone or computer will allow you to go days between charges.
While all of Garmin’s smartwatches monitor the wearer’s heart rate, stride and location, some will also monitor the oxygen and water saturation of your skin to estimate stress levels. Still others are capable of monitoring details as small as how long your feet are in contact with the ground as opposed to how long you are in the air, in order to suggest more efficient techniques for running. As the precision and breadth of measurements increases, so will the price of the smartwatch; determining where the balance of features to cost lies is up to each shopper.
The Garmin Watch Buying Guide
- Garmin offers an app available in both the Android and iPhone stores to collect and analyze the data your watch measures. You can use this to keep an eye on trends as well as adjust your watch’s setup.
- The Garmin app is also accessible on their website, so you can still use this function if you don’t want to download the app.
- Several of Garmin’s smartwatches and apps will evaluate your running stride, ground contact-to-air time ratio, breathing and stress patterns. These evaluations are then used to suggest ways to fine-tune your workouts.
- You might consider purchasing replacement bands for your smartwatch if you are going to be particularly active. A broken band will effectively make the watch unusable until replaced, and having spares on hand will prevent losing important exercise data.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide