Gain Aroma Burst HE Liquid Laundry Detergent, 2-Pack
Last updated date: September 11, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top High Efficiency Laundry Detergents and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best High Efficiency Laundry Detergent you should buy.
This two-pack of high efficiency laundry detergent works in all washing machines and boasts a clean, fresh scent. Enjoy up to six weeks of freshness, thanks to the included AromaBoost, as well as amazing dirt removal properties. In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the Gain Gain HE Liquid Laundry Detergent, 2-Pack placed 3rd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 11, 2020:
Checkout The Best High Efficiency Laundry Detergent for a detailed review of all the top high efficiency laundry detergents.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
From The Manufacturer
How good does Gain laundry detergent smell? Its loyal users are called Gainiacs. 'Nuff said. But if you're the type who thinks with your head as well as your nose, you'll love this: Gain laundry detergent works in both HE and regular machines, and the detergent lifts away dirt and locks in amazing scent to keep your laundry smelling great even after two weeks! We could go on about the Perfume Micro Capsules that gradually break and release scent while you wear your clothes so you're always getting bursts of ahhhhh, but you've probably already left to wash your laundry with Gain laundry detergent. Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent in Original Scent combines overtones of orange, lemon and blossoms with a modern fruity, green twist and undertones of white floral jasmine with a hint of woody amber.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On High Efficiency Laundry Detergents
High efficiency laundry detergent is specifically formulated for washing machines that are also designated as high efficiency. These machines use less water than traditional units, so high efficiency laundry detergent is designed to be lower sudsing and to disperse quickly. This way, it can offer the best possible clean, despite smaller amounts of water.
In most cases, you can determine whether a laundry detergent is designated as high efficiency by looking for the “HE” logo on the product’s package. Usually, these letters are surrounded by a stylized circle.
While it might be tempting to use whatever detergent you have on hand, you shouldn’t use regular varieties in your high efficiency washing machine. These other detergents produce too many suds for the lower water levels in your machine, which could leave your clothes less clean, result in a longer wash cycle for machines with a rinse sensor. It could even cause the machine to overflow.
That said, it is completely acceptable to use high efficiency laundry detergent in a regular washing machine. You will need to use more detergent than you would in a high efficiency washer, since a traditional washing machine uses more water. Follow the instructions on the package to learn more about proper detergent quantities.
When shopping for a high efficiency laundry detergent, you’ll be able to choose from HE versions of your favorite detergents, as well as many all-natural and fragrance-free varieties. Whether you want a fully biodegradable detergent or one without any added scents, there is a perfect option for you.
Best of all, many high efficiency detergents come in multipacks, offering you the convenience of getting more detergent at a time, and often at a bulk cost savings. Be sure to calculate the unit price per load when ordering your laundry supplies.
You may find that the detergent you’re considering costs more per load than a comparable brand, even though it costs less per package. Similarly, verify that a multipack is less expensive per load than a single unit of the detergent. While it might seem that buying in bulk should save you money, this isn’t always the case.
DWYM Fun Fact
How exactly does high efficiency laundry detergent work?
It all starts with suds. Suds, or bubbles, work hard to break apart dirt and stains on your clothing and linens.
Have you ever wondered why the dirt and stains don’t just fall back onto your clothes, re-soiling them during the laundering process?
You can thank your detergent for this, too.
Detergent actually suspends the soil, dyes and other unwanted substances in the water during your washer’s cleaning cycle. This prevents them from getting back onto your clothes.
When the water drains out of your washing machine and is carried away through your septic or sewer system as what is called gray water, the dirt and stains go with it.
The High Efficiency Laundry Detergent Buying Guide
- When you are using high efficiency detergent in a traditional washer, plan to use 1/4 cup for a normal-sized load of laundry.
- If you are using high efficiency detergent in a newer HE washing machine, you will only need about 2 tablespoons to get an adequate clean.
- High efficiency detergents come in a variety of concentration amounts, noted on the product’s packaging as “2X,” “4X,” “8X,” etc. Always check manufacturer instructions before adding detergent to your washer to be sure you understand what the product’s concentration means.
- Avoid mixing liquid and powder detergents in your washer. If you choose to use both types, don’t do so in the same load of laundry. Wipe out the remnants of one sort of detergent before using another.
- Consider the use of a washing machine cleaner periodically to rid it of molds and mildew. Particularly with a high efficiency washer that is front-loading, smells can build up over time. Leave the washer door open a bit after each load to encourage proper drying and limit smells.
- Read product labels before purchasing a high efficiency laundry detergent. Not all contain the same ingredients. Consider an all-natural or “free and clear” variety of detergent, especially if you have sensitive skin or have small children at home.
- If you don’t have a high efficiency washing machine, you can price compare to determine whether a regular or HE detergent is the best choice for you. In some instances, the high efficiency option may still come at a cost savings.