Gain + Aroma Boost Liquid Laundry Detergent
Last updated date: June 26, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Laundry Detergents and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Laundry Detergent you should buy.
If you seek a long-lasting fresh scent, you'll be happy to discover that clothes washed in Gain + Aroma Boost Liquid Laundry Detergent keep their fresh scent for up to seven weeks. The detergent works in both traditional and high-efficiency washing machines. It also contains biodegradable surfactants and enzymes that are easy on the environment. In our analysis of 95 expert reviews, the Gain Gain + Aroma Boost Liquid Laundry Detergent placed 8th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Laundry Detergent for a detailed review of all the top laundry detergents.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
How good does Gain laundry detergent smell? Its loyal users are called Gainiacs. ‘Nuff said. But if you’re the type who thinks with your head as well as your nose, you’ll love this: Gain laundry detergent works in both HE and regular machines, and the detergent lifts away dirt and locks in amazing scent to keep your laundry smelling great even after two weeks! We could go on about the Perfume Micro Capsules that gradually break and release scent while you wear your clothes so you’re always getting bursts of ahhhhh, but you’ve probably already left to wash your laundry with Gain laundry detergent. What Original scent makes you feel: You know that thing you would never do when you’re really happy, because that’s too over-the-top? Sorry, but when you smell Gain Original, you’re gonna do that thing.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Laundry Detergents
Keeping your clothes clean, bright and free of dirt and grime not only extends the life of your garments but also boosts your confidence as you get ready to tackle a busy day. In other words, you’re going to need a laundry detergent you can rely on to look and feel your best. There are a few things you need to look for when choosing the best detergent for your family.
Perhaps the biggest and most important feature is the laundry detergent’s cleaning power. Will it get out your child’s grass stains after soccer practice or the ketchup that they accidentally spilled on their favorite dress? Tide Pods 3-In-1 Laundry Detergent, 81-Count is an excellent example of a detergent that does just that. Tide uses 10 times the cleaning power to get clothes cleaner than other brands.
Next, determine how well the detergent fights strong odors and how long it keeps clothes and linens smelling fresh. Arm & Hammer OxiClean Fresh Scent Liquid Laundry Detergent contains baking soda, an ingredient that is known for its ability to tackle unpleasant smells. Then there’s Gain flings! Laundry Detergent, 81-Count, which leaves your laundered items smelling fresh for as long as seven weeks.
Check to make sure that the detergent works with your traditional or high-efficiency washer. Then look to see if it minimizes the amount of suds, as too many suds make it harder for your clothes to rinse clean.
Once you have a winning detergent, you’ll need to pick a scent. Of course, you can always change the scent to match the season. You may opt for a burst of citrus or a hint of lavender. Some brands even offer that “fresh off the line” smell.
DWYM Fun Fact
Up until World War I, traditional soap was used to clean clothes and linens. During the war, soap became scarce. This led to the invention of laundry detergent. It wasn’t until the first washing machine was manufactured in the 1940s, however, that laundry detergent became a regular item on household grocery lists. In fact, by 1953, the United States sold more laundry detergent than it did soap. Laundry detergent has undergone many changes over the years with the most recent changes leading to the replacement of harsh chemicals with more environmentally friendly ingredients.
The Laundry Detergent Buying Guide
- Pay attention to the “best used by” date on the detergent container. While most laundry detergent doesn’t expire, it can lose its effectiveness. That means it may not remove tough dirt and stains or leave your clothes smelling as fresh as it once did.
- Store powder detergent in a dry location, as it is highly susceptible to moisture. Liquid detergent, on the other hand, is sensitive to high temperatures, so you’ll want to store that type in a room with temperatures that range between 50 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Always place any form of laundry detergent on a high shelf or lock it in a cabinet where children can’t access it. Some ingredients within the laundry detergent are toxic when consumed.
- Be careful not to get any of the detergent in your eyes. The detergent contains chemicals that may irritate your eyes. In the event that you do get some in your eyes, it is recommended that you rinse your eyes with water for 15 minutes.
- Check to see if the detergent you like in the scent you desire has a matching fabric softener or dryer sheet in the same scent. Competing scents may or may not combine well.
- When comparing the price of laundry detergent, you’ll need to divide the cost by the number of loads. Tide Pods 3-In-1 Laundry Detergent, 81-Count and Gain flings! Laundry Detergent, 81-Count are on the higher end at approximately $.25 per load. In the middle, you’ll find Mighty Pacs Laundry Detergent, 2-Pack. This detergent costs $.17 a load. On the lower end is Arm & Hammer OxiClean Fresh Scent Liquid Laundry Detergent at just $.09 per load.