FXW Rollick Metal Stake Rods Puppy Playpen
Last updated date: March 7, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Puppy Playpens and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Puppy Playpen you should buy.
Update as March 16, 2023:
Checkout The Best Puppy Playpen for a detailed review of all the top puppy playpens.
In our analysis, the FXW FXW Rollick Metal Stake Rods Puppy Playpen placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A win-win solution: The FXW Dog Playpen is designed to bring a win-win solution to you and your lovely dog. Different from a narrow enclosure cage or kennel, the FXW dog pen provides a spacious semi-open activity area specifically for your dog. Your dog will have fun in its safe and sturdy kingdom. Meanwhile, you can take a real break and be truly relaxed without worrying about your beloved pet. Fun, Relaxation and Well-being is the orientation of the FXW team. Unlock your freedom, savor the moment: The stakes are designed with rounded ball tops to protect the dog’s claws from injury. The rods are easily inserted into the ground for greater stability and rigidity, which won’t collapse when the dog leans against them. Also, the automatic gravity-actioned locking mechanism will ensure you can open and close the door smoothly and reduces the chance of dogs unlocking by themselves. All of this is designed for absolute safety, so you can really relax. Super easy to assemble: It won’t take you more than 5 minutes to assemble these portable dog fences as well as pack them away due to the rod-connected design. Meanwhile, panels can be added or removed freely to give you a fully flexible area and arrange the dog pen in any shape you need. Multi-scenario use: The FXW dog playpen features a powder coating that will help protect against rust and extend its life, which makes it ideal for RV camping, traveling, or for use in the yard. When used indoors, we recommend placing it on a dog pad or carpet to prevent the rods from scratching the floor, or please try our new floor protectors for the same purpose.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Puppy Playpens
Many people say that getting a new puppy is akin to taking care of a newborn baby. The sleepless nights, the constant snuggling and cuddling and the need for keeping your eye on them 24/7. Puppies are inherently curious, ready to get themselves into trouble in just about anything. When you’re not able to carefully watch over your puppy, such as when you’re making dinner, and want to keep them safe and contained, a puppy playpen is a great idea.
A small gated area, a puppy playpen ensures that your puppy stays where you need it to. While some people choose to put their puppy in a crate instead, it doesn’t provide the same spacious home for the puppy and can make them feel cooped up and bored. In a playpen, however, puppies have room to walk, run and jump around – all while ensuring they are safe and away from harm.
One of the most important factors to consider when looking for a puppy playpen is the height, weight and activity level of your dog. Large puppies who are heavy will require a sturdier and taller puppy playpen then small, light dogs. Similarly, if your puppy is overly boisterous and loves jumping around, they may require a puppy playpen with taller sides than a pup that is relaxed and loves lying around. Keep in mind that the weight of the playpen may make it difficult for you to move it around, so you’ll have to strike a balance between something that is hefty enough to withstand your pup and something that is light enough for you to move.
The Puppy Playpen Buying Guide
- When it comes to materials for puppy playpens, you typically are limited to two options: metal wiring and plastic sheeting. Metal playpens are sturdy but typically light enough for you to maneuver with ease. Plastic sheeting playpens are usually quite hefty. However, they offer a lot of stability and a clear view of your pup, which is why many prefer these types instead.
- If you’re looking for an easily portable playpen to take with you when you go to someone else’s house or out camping, for example, opt for one that is made from a heavy-duty cloth and mesh. These playpens are easy to fold up and take with you. However, they are considerably less sturdy than their less-portable counterparts, and typically only work with very small dogs. Larger puppies are able to easily knock them over.
- Some puppy playpens have doors for you and your pup while others don’t. What you need will depend on your ability to easily climb in and out of the pen and lift your dog in and out of it. For some people, this isn’t and issue while for others it can feel cumbersome so a door is a welcome feature.
- If you have a big outdoor space and want to keep your puppy out there with you while you garden or spend time outside, it’s best to keep them in an outdoor puppy playpen. They ensure your puppy doesn’t run off or eat anything they shouldn’t. An outdoor puppy playpen is similar to an indoor one. The key difference is that it comes with stakes which you can place into the ground for more stability.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide