FW ZONE Picture Hanging & Level Ruler Tool
Last updated date: May 14, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Picture Hanging Tools and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Picture Hanging Tool you should buy.
Update as August 7, 2022:
Checkout The Best Picture Hanging Tool for a detailed review of all the top picture hanging tools.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the FW ZONE Picture Hanging & Level Ruler Tool placed 13th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Vertical and horizontal bubbles built into the level ensure your photos are not distorted. This marker (button) system can be accurately and perfectly marked on the wall where the nails need to be placed. Easy to use, no need to debug too much, saving time and is perfectly placed in seconds. You can decorate your walls quick and easy like a pro. Can be used for events like wedding, anniversary, birthday party. It makes a decoration so perfect! Ideal hanger for pictures, clocks, mirrors and canvas, and clock. Perfect for home, office, workplace or any picture, photo, poster, digital painting, cross stitch, photo frame, etc! Made of high quality ABS material. New technology polishing, no sharp edges, safe to use, beautiful workmanship and long service life. It can be used on all wall materials, and the rubber pad on the back of the tool protects the wall from scratches and is designed to accurately mark the position of the nail.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Picture Hanging Tools
Whether you own a home or rent an apartment, you’ll want to make the space your own by hanging family photos, beautiful artwork and decorative accent pieces along the walls. It can be frustrating, however, to try and hang these items so that they don’t look crooked or out of place. Fortunately, a picture hanging tool is all you need to install and level your portraits. The tool is affordable for most, and as you shop for the best one, you’ll want to consider a few important features.
Decide whether you require a full picture hanging tool kit or a simple hanging tool. The Crescent Creative Universal Picture Hanging Tool has one horizontal ruler with two attached vertical rulers that slide from left to right. Not only will they help you align your artwork, but they’ll also help you evenly space a group of photos.
If you’re interested in a picture hanging tool that has a bit more to offer, but is still easy to use, go with a model made from a durable ABS material that features four scratchproof pads to keep the tool from scuffing up your wall while you use it. The type of tool typically has both a horizontal and vertical level, a non-slip handle and three-level hooks.
Look for a picture hanging tool that comes with accessories if you don’t already have a supply of hardware in your garage. Some units come with hooks that can hold as much as 50 pounds, steel wires, D-rings, sawtooth hangers, nails and a storage case. Others have many more. For instance, they may include hooks that have a 100-pound capacity and a pencil to mark the wall. Other picture hanging tools include a complimentary mini claw hammer with your purchase.
The Picture Hanging Tool Buying Guide
- When hanging your pictures, try to hang them at eye level. A height of 57 to 60 inches off the ground is ideal.
- When using your picture hanging tool, you want to first place the picture frame on the tool’s hook. Next, position the picture where you’d like it to go and use the included level and ruler for accuracy. Press the button on the picture hanging tool to mark the spot once you’re sure that’s exactly where you want the portrait to go. Remove the tool and hammer a nail or any other mounting equipment where you made the mark on the wall. Place the picture on the nail and use the tool once again to make sure the picture is level.
- If you need to drill a hole in your wall to hang your picture, try folding a sticky note in half and place it under the mark before you drill. The folded note will catch all the plaster as you drill for easy clean up afterward.
- Always make sure you’re using the right hardware for the weight of your picture. A small hook is fine for lighter pictures; however, heavier portraits require a metal wire system.
- Some picture hanging tools come with small pieces that may pose a choking hazard to younger children. Always store the tool and its accessories out of the reach of small children and supervise older children who want to help with the installation.
- Fortunately, picture hanging tools are quite affordable. Some models cost a bit more simply because they include a host of extras, like a storage case and hanging hardware.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide