Furhaven Faux Fur Extra-Large Cooling Dog Bed
Last updated date: March 3, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Extra-Large Cooling Dog Beds and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Extra-Large Cooling Dog Bed you should buy.
Update as March 3, 2022:
Checkout The Best Extra-Large Cooling Dog Bed for a detailed review of all the top extra-large cooling dog beds.
With gel-infused memory foam, this extra-large cooling dog bed wicks away heat. It is easy on the joints and the bolster railing supports the neck. There is a large sleep surface lined with faux fur.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Furhaven Faux Fur Extra-Large Cooling Dog Bed placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The classic bolstered sofa design promotes ultimate comfort and security, providing high-loft orthopedic cushion support. The main sleep surface is lined with soft faux fur and the gel-infused memory foam top whisks heat away for a cooling effect and improves body alignment. The removable dog bed cover is completely machine washable for your convenience
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Extra-Large Cooling Dog Beds
When it comes to man’s best friend, a good night’s sleep (or a long afternoon nap) is an essential part of the day. In order to run around at the park and snuggle with you while you watch TV, they need to get their beauty sleep. However, some dogs tend to heat up when they lie down, making their snooze restless and uncomfortable. To ensure you pooch has a solid sleep, it’s important to get them an extra-large cooling dog bed.
Just like in people, heat exhaustion in dogs is a serious condition. That’s why they require a dog bed that has good air circulation, cooling components and space. If your dog excessively pants or has really thick fur, they may be at risk for heat exhaustion. When figuring out what kind of dog bed they need, it’s important to figure out their preferred sleeping position. Some dogs prefer to sleep while they are curled up in a ball, especially during the winter months as they may be a bit cooler. During the summer months, many pups sleep stretched out on their backs to help them stay cool. The size of dog bed you need will be based on how your dog likes to sleep.
When it comes to the style of bed, there are two main types: cot and pillow. Cot-style beds have an elevated sleeping area, which is good for air circulation and keeping dogs cool. The bed may have a metal frame with a breathable mesh on top. If you use this type of bed, make sure that your dog is able to climb in and out of it on their own. Pillow-style beds rest flat on the floor. Typically, there is some kind of cooling element in the padding of the bed, such as memory foam or cold water. These beds are easier to get in and out of compared to cot-style beds.
The Extra-Large Cooling Dog Bed Buying Guide
- If you’re getting a pillow-style bed, make sure that there is a waterproof liner, especially if the pillow is filled with memory foam. If your dog has an accident in bed or has a spill, the waterproof liner will protect the memory foam and will make cleanup much easier.
- The place where you put the dog bed is important as your pup will need a peaceful and quiet place to sleep. Consider whether there are bright lights in the area or if there is a draft from a window. Is the space in a high-traffic part of the home? All these things will play a role in not only determining where you place the bed, but what kind of bed you get. For example, if the only peaceful spot has a lot of bright light, you might consider getting an enclosed bed.
- When you choose a bed for yourself, you ensure that the furniture works with your home décor. What about your dog’s bed? For many people, it’s important to get a dog bed that works with the aesthetic, colors and style of your space. For example, if you have greys and neutral tones in your home, do you want to get a dog bed that matches those neutral colors or something that is bold and stands out?
- A dog bed that has a machine washable cover is key. This way, you can easily clean off any dirt, fur and debris off the dog bed on a frequent basis by washing the bed. A machine washable cover will also ensure you don’t have any lingering doggy odors in your home.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide